Author Thread
Cheris

View Profile
10 Commandments, Christ's crucifixion, and fallen angels
Posted : 4 Jan, 2011 04:17 PM

I know we won't ever have the real answer to this but I've been curious about these things since I was little.

Out of all the commandments one of them is internal and the tenth one is pretty much what Lucifer did to get himself kicked out of heaven.

Now, something that struck me is that no one is capable of keeping all these commandments. They are a goal to strive for but it isn't possible for humanity to keep them. Is this done on purpose to show mankind that they are totally reliant upon God for his grace and mercy?

When Jesus allowed Himself to be crucified he paid for all sins past, present, and future yes? Does anyone wonder if this applied to fallen angel too?

Cheris

View Profile
A discussion on age and why it should not be an important factor in dating
Posted : 4 Jan, 2011 03:15 PM

Everyone does have their own preference and age being a disqualifying factor shows a person's maturity as well. And as a result I normally get stuck with hearing them go on and on about how it didn't work out and why they can't find anybody. :rolleyes:

A person's values and moral ethics should be the deciding factor. Not that the other person wants to hear it all the time mind you. I've got a few men upset with me because they don't meet my standards and most of them are in their mid 30s to 40s.

Is wanting to date a man who loves God and wants to share the walk of getting to know Him with another making the journey so hard to ask?

Cheris

View Profile
what are your comments on this?
Posted : 4 Jan, 2011 03:08 PM

There are a lot of reasons for this and I also believe that you should not be unequally yoked for the fact that when times get rough what will you both hold onto? Who will you turn to in times of trouble and misunderstanding?

But a key point would be that God does not live in time and know everything past, present, and future. He knows how the world is and will be. And like a good father he wants the best for all his children.

Now, you can still marry an unbeliever but be prepared for trials and tribulations. The bible gives us various examples of some of the troubles that come with this.

Cheris

View Profile
I am curious to hear from those still in The Military...
Posted : 4 Jan, 2011 02:56 PM

I agree that this is a do nothing policy and all things aside I feel like it's congress trying to make themselves look good after a series of failures and disappointments. There are more important things going on in the world than a discussion about a coworker bringing their partner to work functions and openly displaying pictures.

Now my unit is having a discussion about an EO complaint that does not permit soldiers living in the barracks to have a roommate of the opposite gender. :laugh:

But in my personal opinion as long as inappropriate pictures are not shown and it does not interfere with work why bother to care about it?

I let God be judge of that issue and I wonder if the rampant spread of STDs and other such health issues were a factor. Mind you I am quite aware of how promiscus people are these days.

Cheris

View Profile
Speechless
Posted : 30 Dec, 2010 12:17 PM

I was browsing through upcoming movies on Fandango and came across a title that Rendered me speechless. It's called The Lion of Judah, an animated film, and apparently is about a lamb named Judah trying to escape the sacrificial altar one week before Christ's crucifixion.

Until I see more I can't pass judgment on this movie but it seems to be in bad taste. Which raises the question: How far is too far?

Cheris

View Profile
Books worth reading...
Posted : 30 Dec, 2010 12:12 PM

I highly recommend "Lucifier's Flood" by Linda Rios Brook. It's a Christian fiction novel but it raises some interesting points and perspectives. I got it for my parents for Christmas and now is being passed through my home church.

Another great Christian fiction novel is Ted Dekker's Circle series.

Page : 1 2