Author Thread
gamegal

View Profile
smoking
Posted : 29 Mar, 2010 03:32 PM

Hey,

First let me say I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's been 10 yrs but I know it's still hard for you. Also sorry about your accident. Please don't get the wrong idea. I was in NO WAY condemning anyone who had any type of medical problems or even ex smokers (who can be the worst about complaining). I GET IT! I agree that smoking is a deplorable, nasty, self-distructive behavoir. I hesitate to admit this because it makes me sound even more stupid for smoking but I also have asthma & need to use oxygen @ nite to sleep due to oxygen level dropping. The oxygen thing has nothing to do with smoking, its a result of a critical disease I have. Having said that, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to stop. It is a very guilty feeling, smoking...I'm trying my best to quit & know that I will when God & I are ready (I'm sure God's ready now but I don't think he's judging me for this as he knows all my struggles). It's just rough thinking that someone would pass up such a funny, intelligent (altho you cant tell that by the smoking), loyal, uplifting, God fearing woman with so much to give just because I'm trying to break a very hard habit to break. It's not like I'd smoke around them (I know, you can still smell it.) and my home does not smell of smoke...OK enough rambling...I hope all is well for you and you meet someone wonderful. God has a plan! I keep telling myself that!

God Bless,

Debi

gamegal

View Profile
smoking
Posted : 28 Mar, 2010 10:25 AM

:Yeah, I do get it, it's just incredibly difficult! I can smell it in my hair and I hate it! And I get the kissing thing but no one has ever complained. My husband didn't smoke & we were married for 15 years and I assure you the breakup had nothing to do with smoking, altho he wanted me to quit for my health, he never bugged me about it. It is VERY depressing & does feel EXACTLY like rock & hard place! To think that I could possibly miss out on who God has in mind for me because of a stupid cigarette? It sounds ridiculous (I should probably stick to words I can spell!) I know. If I could just put them down, I would. I have tried! But I'm not very pleasant to be around and it never lasted long...people who didn't know me were trying to give me a cigarette (Ha Ha!). Thanks for your thoughts and prayers tho.:rolleyes:

gamegal

View Profile
smoking
Posted : 28 Mar, 2010 10:14 AM

I just got the e-cigarette and it has helped me cut down tremendously. Trust me when I tell you I would prefer NOT to smoke. It makes me feel "lesser than" if you can understand that. I consider myself to be a strong person & the fact that I can't seem to quit really bothers me. I have prayed about it & sit here crying while I'm writing this because of some harsh comments. I get it! I know it stinks, I know you can smell it on people even when they aren't smoking...I can't take Chanix, I asked my Dr. but I have too many other meds I'm taking due to scleraderma & adrenal failure that he thinks it would re-act. Think about it tho, I've been smoking since before you were born! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it. God Bless.

gamegal

View Profile
smoking
Posted : 27 Mar, 2010 10:00 PM

I'm sorry but I feel a real need to bring this up. It seems several christians on this site (and maybe others but this is the only "dating" site I've been on) don't seem to care how much or if you drink but you MUST NOT SMOKE. It's not that I don't get it, I do. Smoking is a stinky,nasty, disgusting habit. Unfortunately, it's a habit I've had since I was 15 and I just turned 49 so quitting is not an easy thing by any stretch of the imagination. I know alot of you have quit & you should feel blessed, I know I would. I also know that all things are possible with God. I have slowed down considerably but when I was ready to quit, working with my Dr. & cancer society. I had my cut off date, etc...then my husband had an affair and publically humilated both me and himself. That was 3 years ago but for 2 years prior he had been cruel & emotionally abusive but I kept trying to "fix us". Problem is, it takes 2. Since then I have had MANY challenges in my life & even my DR agrees this may not be the time to quit. I am a guinely a very loving and caring person. I am honest and trustworthy & walk with God. If he can forgive me, why cant you? AGAIN, I agree it is a particularly disgusting habit but some of you could be missing out on something great because I occasionally smoke. Would ya'll like it better if I drank, because that seems to be socially acceptable? I get it but have seen some people I seemed to have alot in common with but didn't contact because "MUST NOT SMOKE". Thanks for letting me vent. God Bless!

gamegal

View Profile
I've been ill
Posted : 14 Oct, 2009 10:36 PM

Hi ya'll,

My name is Debi and I'm here to beg for prayers. I've been ill for a while and found out today that I am in adrenal failure. Apparently, I have had 4 "mini" strokes that I was not aware of, this has caused clots blocking all use of the pituatary gland and is causing swelling on the brain. I'm afraid, not of dying, but of leaving people who love & count on me. Right now prognosis could be better but I'm a true believer in God's miracles and the power of prayer. Soooo, please pray for me & my family.

Thank you & God bless!

gamegal

View Profile
Disappointed So Far
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 06:32 PM

Don't leave! There are alot of sincere christians on this site. I don't get many messages either but if you go to the forums you will meet alot of truly sincere people. You may not find your "one and only" but who can't use more inspiration and christian friends? Think about it...it's free...God bless you with whatever you decide.

gamegal

View Profile
Wondering
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 06:24 PM

WOW! If you aren't published, you should be. Your poetry touches our hearts. The world deserves it!:applause:

gamegal

View Profile
would you give up your pet?
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 06:09 PM

WOW! That's a really tough one but I don't think so. My dog (choc. lab) doesn't really know he's a dog. He's more like my child. I have to think if someone loved me they would never ask me to give up someone (or something) that I clearly adore. I know it's extreme but would they ask me to stay away from my kids, or my mom if he didn't like them? wouldn't happen- not my definition of love.

gamegal

View Profile
Yers, mines or mutual...
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 06:01 PM

Personally, I'm kind of picky too so a mutual agreement works well for me for a first date especially. Once someone knows me well enough, I love surprises but tend to be hard to surprise.:rolleyes:

gamegal

View Profile
Banned from site
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 06:44 PM

This stuff is amazing to me. I had NO IDEA that giving out your personal email could be a serious problem. I guess I had help from above because the first couple of times someone I "talked" with kept insisting on it I didn't give it to them and the conversations stopped. Unfortunately, I then did talk to someone and finally agreed and gave him my email> That was a week ago and so far I haven't heard back from him and nothing weird seems to be happening with my email but I'm pretty naive when it comes to this so THANKS!

Page : 1 2 3