Author Thread
sweetsurprise

View Profile
$14,425,765,000,000 And Counting--The Collapse of Civilizations
Posted : 22 Sep, 2011 07:13 AM

Thank you for posting this information. The sad truth is we are most probably at the beginning of the end times for our nation and our world as we know it. I know i see what is happening in our government, culture and just wonder really, what more i can do as an individual. i have written so many letters and signed so many petitions, but it seems our government thinks they live by a golden spoon and they no longer work for us. Forget any moral or legal ethics anymore, it is every man for himself and i have found that the response to the political climate is that the people have resolved that they are cashing in on what they are owed from the government. They feel entitled; another incurable sickness that will be resolved when we go under as a civilization.

i work with abandoned and abused moms and children and in 1 year and a half, it has risen from 28% to 42%, not just blaming the economy, but more our moral decline. We also have observed an increase in unemployment and homelessness. There is an unwillingness for people to do the right thing; I'm not even sure that they even know there is a right moral attitude that should be followed anymore.

I am not surprised that no one on this site really wanted to comment here, because that would mean that they would need to look outside of their little world. Things are not stable, but people are not yet willing to admit their part in it. And yet, truthfully, even if they did, what do we do now? to stop it?

I am not usually a negative person, but more of a realist and it is sad what is just under the facade that we call life here in the America's. The seams are bursting and the sad fact is that everyone is so overwhelmed with their own issues that the strong moral decay and failure of our country probably will not be addressed.

I want to be wrong about everything I've written. I want someone to prove me wrong. I will continue to do what I can, but do see your point. Is there anything that you see that we can do to delay this process?

sweetsurprise

View Profile
Why would a guy who just met a woman, went out with her then kick her to the curb?
Posted : 6 Aug, 2011 05:12 AM

Sorry ~ my computer just sent my response before I was ready to send (and not critiqued first.) When he left, he told me he would be wanting to call me every day and yet he not only stopped calling but would not write either. At first, I thought he was going through a tough time with his family, and he needed space to 'deal' with an issue with them, but realized he was not going to communicate with me ~ it was about 'us' and I also told him to not concern himself about marriage right now, that I wanted to be a friend, that was more important. He never did call me again and he wrote to say, that God wasn't talking to him and that instead of coming back to see me as was the plan, that he was going home. After he got home, he was back on this site talking with other people, so I guess he figured it out, but never would tell me anything.

Be glad that he never made a promise of marriage. I was more hurt that he walked away and didn't value 'our friendship'. I truly needed his friendship. I was the one going through a really tough time w/o the inclusion of what he did to me and I really just needed a friend and he walked away *he didn't know about any of the difficulty of my life ~ because i thought he was having too much, he couldn't even understand why what he had done had caused me so much pain.

I hope to have a total peace and resolution about what happened. It is very self-centered and cruel for a person to end a relationship this way, whether it is 4 dates or 6 proposals of marriage and plans for a future made. It reveals a lack of maturity and certainly God would not cause a man to ask a woman to marry him 6 times and he just change his mind ~ and have him leave w/o talking with her face to face (because he had opportunity).

I would love to know how you finally dealt with this rejection. This hurt me more than I thought it could and has caused me to be unsure to 'believe' others when they say things to me ~ I don't want this and have to go to God constantly and ask Him to help me trust in the right way.

sweetsurprise

View Profile
Why would a guy who just met a woman, went out with her then kick her to the curb?
Posted : 6 Aug, 2011 04:47 AM

Hi Justme1234,

It has been much time since you frist started this question, so I do hope that not only has the Lord healed your heart, but also has given you peace and hopefully that true love that you seek.

I just wanted to share that I to went through the same experience, only we had met and communicated for almost a year and he had proposed about 6 times (I was waiting on the Lord to give me an answer). He had sent the ring on Valentine's day and I wanted to say yes, but really wanted to make sure that I was obeying God.

I felt sure in my heart that he needed to come visit me and meet my son before I could give him an answer, both that he would see what my life looked like and my son and spiritual god mother and father would be able to meet him as well. He visited for 3 weeks, everything seemed fine and he was still asking me to put the ring on ~ although at this point I had peace, he "felt overwhelmed by the things that he would need to do for us to be together" and was going to visit his family that he had not seen in 8 years (preplanned ~ and he asked me to go with him to this, but I was not at peace to go right then

sweetsurprise

View Profile
A sensitive subject
Posted : 4 Jul, 2011 08:17 AM

I enjoyed reading this post and the thought that went into everyone's answers. I will also offer my opinion, as that, just an opinion, not expecting that others will necessarily agree with me. I think it is fair to go back to the beginning, when God created Adam,

Gen. 2: 18"And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

19And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

20And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."

I find it interesting that God waited to create Eve until Adam realized he was alone or maybe even felt lonely. God said He would make a help meet for Adam and then created all the animals, paired, but seemed to allow time to pass to allow Adam to realize that he was w/o a partner.

When He created Eve, He took a rib from Adam, which Adam was aware of ~ it probably didn't cause him pain at that point ~ that is until he fall. Most men are aware of the cost that there is associated with a woman. If a man chooses wisely, it will be to his benefit (she will give him far more than he ever paid), if not; well, there are plenty of examples of the great cost to his life.

There is nothing at this point about Eve's beauty or if she needed to feel beautiful. When I pondered this, I wonder if that was because there was no one else to be compared to, that both did not feel threatened and if you really consider the fact that Eve was given to Adam as a gift! Just as today, the problem is that WE no longer hold special regard for the one that we marry (especially those in the world).

I really think that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That we were ALL created to be loved by another and to be appreciated and loved for ALL that we bring into that marriage, not just our beauty, as women or a man's handsomeness. We ALL do know people, who are beautifully sculpted and yet their entire life is either spent on keeping that facade or that they are NOT beautiful on the inside, anywhere. Who we are, on the inside is part of what makes us beautiful on the outside, for both men and women.

So, why do we women want to hear that we are beautiful to the man that has chosen us? That would seem rather simple, because we, as women, were created to want to please, not only our Lord, but the man that God would unite us with. We would want to believe that he chose this one above all the rest. We know men were created to rule over the dominion and we were to be alongside as a help mate(meet). I, as a woman, am hoping to be chosen, not just for outward beauty but also for all the time and hard work that went into becoming the woman of God I am today (the active desire to better who I am with education, with decisions of integrity, Bible study, protecting my heart and body for the one that God has for me, etc.) All of this, is what creates my outward beauty, even when my years have begun to show their wear (and they have). The hope is that we would marry younger and be with that "One True Love" our entire life! Yes, under those circumstances, I do hope that my husband would find me to be beautiful to him and that he would continue to chose me over any other woman.

You throw in the world thinking though and of course, things get very muddled, very quickly. Why do you think that God created so many different choices? Tall, short, skinny, heavy, black, brunette, blonde, red, dark skinned, indian, asian, light skin? Because just as He gave us free will, He also wants to provide choices in the way that He created our total package and that we are free to chose what ever type we like (hopefully that person will also chose us).

We, in America for sure, are thrown beauty everyday in the form of advertising, a cheap shot from a company trying to manipulate you to buy their product and by doing so, increasing their profits! God asked us not to compare ourselves in this way for a reason

2 Corinthians 10:12

"For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise."

If we compare ourselves to the wrong things, we will lose sight of the real goal in our lives. Remember, we WERE all placed here for a purpose and we are told many times to not lose sight of the goal

Hebrews 12:1

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,"

There are other verses, but this seemed the most concise. I hope this brings yet a little more perspective into your initial question.

sweetsurprise

View Profile
Saving virginity for marriage.
Posted : 28 Jun, 2011 03:50 PM

It is easy to see why God asks us to not 'fornicate' before marriage on so many levels. He asks this of us for our own protection, so that we can come to the marriage bed free of the hurt and pain that is associated with sex outside of marriage. Also, look at all the diseases that are associated with it and how it adds to the confusion of blended families and children growing up w/o a father at all. This alone is having a catastrophic affect on our society and young men. ~ Yes, I believe in saving virginity for marriage!! It is the most costly gift that we can give the one we are to give ourselves to for our lifetimes together.

And, if someone has messed up, realize that satan will attempt to use that fall against you, to tempt you to stay in bondage, but the truth will set you free! God does forgive you and wants your VERY best!

sweetsurprise

View Profile
Forever Dateless
Posted : 27 Jun, 2011 12:33 PM

Hi Oregonsunshine,

I have to agree with what Clemsy had to say; that sounds like good advice to me. I do know how you feel, but if you concentrate on the Lord and getting to know Him more, being more of whatever He has called you to be, you will becoming the the one you need to be. Maybe your 'one' isn't ready yet? Dig deeper. Remember 'Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness and ALL (was is part, only a little ? no, ALL)these things will be given unto you according to His will. Matt. 6:33.

I have a hard time admitting that I am 50 because I can't figure out for the life of me, where all the years went, and then I think about it. IF your focus is on the Lord and attempting to living a pleasing life to Him and remember that while you are single you can accomplish so much more than those that are married. Most of the time, people are brought together when they have a common heart interest. If your focus is in the right place, it won't be so difficult.

I can tell you that dating for dating sake is VERY hurtful and useless. It and what goes along with it will rip your heart out. I have a friend who was 32, never dated, never had sex, met her husband through mutual friends (and guess what, he was 38 and had done the same thing). They are now married 2 years and have just had their first little girl. They courted, once they had met several times (they saw each other with other people around for the express purpose of marriage). She is not the only one I know who has done this, she and her husband are the oldest ones I know that remained pure waiting for God's best for them.

My story is more complicated, but i would be willing to share it with you, if you like.

You also might find some good help in watching Andy Stanley, The new rules of Love, Sex and Dating (I think the site is posted on my profile) and Voddie Baucham JR. is on youtube with Biblical Manhood and Biblical Womanhood. I hope these will help and in the mean time, know that you are not alone in the way that your heart aches to be married, but this is part of your life now. Live each day to it's fullest in what God has for you!

Sweetsurprise

sweetsurprise

View Profile
Why do guys write very little in their ABOUT ME section and then wonder why women are not interested in them?
Posted : 12 Jun, 2011 12:05 PM

Thank you TwoSparrows,

For responding and so sorry to have missed seeing your post.

This seems a little of topic, but you bring up some good points.

I agree to a point that men seem to communicate quite effectively with other men, as long as it doesn't go any deeper than who is playing what team or moving furniture. There does seem to be some unwritten rules there, that we women just don't get. There are a lot of dynamics concerning the miscommunication between women, most has to do with men or attempting to be the one that guy chooses.

"This blame is typically assigned to him by the woman to cover up her inability to understand how men communicate. " I'm sorry, but usually it is because he DIDN'T communicate at all, not misunderstood. This is not all men, that would be unfair to say. I do a lot of married men who do attempt to be good communicators with their wives. For us as women, that IS huge, that he keep trying.

"Rather than trying to understand how men communicate, they claim men cannot communicate as effectively as women, therefore should become more like women and communicate in the 'superior' feminine style." Nope, I do want a woman in a man's body. I just ask that communication be effective.

"Effective communication does not equate to more words. Effective communication is best done with only the words needed, no more, no less." You are so right, just listen to our President, less words would be just as effective. But for communication to be effective, it must matter that they are understood.

"Personally; I don't buy into the 'We need to all communicate as Women'. " Neither do I, that is why I have women friends ~ but I would hope my husband would want to be understood by me and that he would do what was needed to be effective in his communication.

Thanks again, for sharing your thoughts. I do appreciate it. I am certainly shortening my profile, since most of it wasn't to really tell about me, as much to get a message out there for those that needed it.

sweetsurprise

View Profile
Why do guys write very little in their ABOUT ME section and then wonder why women are not interested in them?
Posted : 11 Jun, 2011 08:25 PM

Thank you Ken,

I understand thinking about now, but IF a guy is serious about wanting to find a person to spend the rest of his life with (yes, I do realize that NOT all men are serious or want just one woman, but might be considered serial daters~ those are not who I'm asking about), it just seems like he would take the time to give enough info about himself that would draw that special person to him, instead of passing him by because he didn't bother to fill it out.

I do appreciate your comment, since I am attempting to understand where guys are coming from. I just find myself in a quandary ~ passing up 'talking' with some guys that seem interesting, who contact me and yet do not provide enough info on their profile. I am always respectful, and will respond when written to, but I will ask questions to fill in the blanks (what they didn't say in the profile) and usually they don't answer much about themselves here either. Should I just put 1 or 2 words in my profile or talk about what I am looking for in a man instead of telling about me?

sweetsurprise

View Profile
Posted : 10 Jun, 2011 08:54 PM

Thank you chevyRocks,

for your being willing to offer your opinion on this question. While I have never requested a book written by a guy or long escalades to entice me; I was just wanting a little bit more info about him in that section that was supposed to be for him to write about himself.

I fully recognize that you would not know of any men that would not understand why I am not interested in them because they said this to me, not you. I've had it said enough times that I wanted to address it in a forum. Thank you for your advice to me. i was really attempting to 'help' those guys that don't get all the ladies flocking to their profile and would really like just that "one" who could turn out to be very important in their life.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 6:32

sweetsurprise

View Profile
Posted : 10 Jun, 2011 08:40 PM

Thank you Shalom,

for your input and yes it would be great for more male responses, but it is nice to know that I am not alone in my thoughts. In one sense it really doesn't matter about tje ones who don't have much written in their profile, because I do not respond to them more than to ask those questions first. I am sure our friend chevy is correct, that there are enough assertive women out there that will not mind at all taking their time to draw these men out or taking their time to find out what they thought already to be true. I just am not one of them; maybe to my detriment; but it seems too forward for me.

Thanks for your participation!

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 6:33

Page : 1 2