Author Thread
beautifulheart4Him

View Profile
Worldly Music
Posted : 13 Jun, 2011 08:11 AM

In my humble opinion, I enjoy all kinds of music (except hip-hop and rap)!!! I especially enjoy classic rock...Boston, etc. and if you listen to Kansas' lyrics, they are proufoundly spiritual.

I like to chill to all of it....I don't personally see anything wrong with it.

I write songs and play the guitar, and many are secular. Does that make me a "bad" child of God? I don't think so :-)

God bless! :angel:

beautifulheart4Him

View Profile
Love at first sight?
Posted : 13 Jun, 2011 08:02 AM

I agree with the other responses to this question. How can you possibly romantically love someone whom you don't even know? Sounds like lust to me......although I admit I have heard stories of people locking eyes across a crowded room and "knowing" that person is their life-mate.

We can love everyone, though, just not in a romantic way. I am talking about the pure love that Jesus shows everyone and the love that we are supposed to show to each other.

God bless :angel:

beautifulheart4Him

View Profile
Are There Ever Second Chances?
Posted : 13 Jun, 2011 07:55 AM

Doesn't Jesus teach that there is always hope? If Jesus said it, IT IS TRUE, and I believe it!

We make mistakes and hopefully we learn from them; we learn more about ourselves and other people, and we move on a little wiser :-)

My advice is this: Let this all happen in God's time. Don't push for it (trust me), and believe that God will give you the desires of your heart according to His will and in His time.

Another thing to consider: Do you ever pray for the guy God wants to put in your life? For instance, pray for his health, his emotional well-being, his spiritual well-being...things you would pray for if this man was actually manifested in your life right now.

Sometimes God is working in us and we are not where we need to be in order to be with that other person, or He is working in them and healing pain and bringing them to a place where they will be a solid partner. In other words, maybe God is getting you both ready and won't bring this to fruition until you are both where He wants you to be.

Do not give up. I have been through feeling the same things you are, but you can't use the words, "HOPE" and "DEFEAT" as synonymous :-)

~"Have enough courage to trust love one more time. And always one more time." Maya Angelou~

God bless you! :angel:

beautifulheart4Him

View Profile
Pot Luck
Posted : 13 Jun, 2011 07:43 AM

Chevy,

Would you mind being a little more specific? Is there a particular situation you are asking about? This is a pretty broad question.......I can go there, but I tend to write novels instead of short answers LOL :-)

God bless you!

beautifulheart4Him

View Profile
How do you put God first.....
Posted : 11 Jun, 2011 12:34 PM

I am sorry things didn't work out for you, but you are right...God is good....keep Him first in your life and the rest of it will come together.

He gives us the desires of our heart according to His will....

beautifulheart4Him

View Profile
Ok girls...guys in hats?
Posted : 11 Jun, 2011 12:30 PM

OK I am probably going out on a limb here, and I need to be VERY clear that I am *ONLY* speaking for myself....everyone has their own opinion.

For me, personally, if I know a guy and he wears his baseball cap backwards it isn't a big issue BUT for a profile pic to make a first impression, I just instantly think "immature." I know...it isn't fair or right to judge...and it is prejucicial.

beautifulheart4Him

View Profile
How wary are you when you see "Separated" as a status?
Posted : 10 Jun, 2011 02:33 PM

Although you are doing a very nice thing by keeping her on your insurance, personally, I run when I see "separated."

That means the two people are still legally united in marriage, whether or not they live together, etc.

I refuse to come between a man and his wife, so until the status reads, "divorced", I don't go there.

Besides, to see "separated" also throws up red flags, such as, "He can't be over her yet", "Maybe they will reconcile", etc.

beautifulheart4Him

View Profile
Why do guys write very little in their ABOUT ME section and then wonder why women are not interested in them?
Posted : 9 Jun, 2011 06:15 PM

Hi SweetSurprise,

I know this is in the "Ask A Guy" section, but I just had to throw in my two cent's worth!

I have asked that same question a hundred times.....if a guy emails me (not saying much about himself) and I check out his profile and it says, "If you want to know, just ask me" it makes it a little difficult to know if I really want to get to know him or not LOL!

My profile is way too long, but I would prefer that a guy knows something about me and if we have anything in common BEFORE we correspond.

Just my thoughts......

God bless!

beautifulheart4Him

View Profile
Dumbest Dating Advice Ever?
Posted : 9 Jun, 2011 08:57 AM

The most idiotic advice I have ever been given ( in reference to dating) came from a male friend of mine, who told me that women are like cars and a man needs to "test drive" them first to see if he wants to "buy it."

Basically he told me that my belief of waiting til marriage is far outdated and dumb, and that the Bible doesn't discount premarital "relations." (I guess we are reading from different Bibles)

Ugh LOL.

beautifulheart4Him

View Profile
How do you put God first.....
Posted : 9 Jun, 2011 08:26 AM

Communication with each other.....and most importantly, with God, is the only way to get through trauma in a Christ-based relationship.

Do you have a minister that you could go to for counseling?

I will be praying for you both.

Page : 1 2 3