Author Thread
Hilltop

View Profile
Why did God of Israel called Jews to exterminate some of nations?
Posted : 13 Apr, 2011 05:31 AM

Because Israel would slide into idolatry and worship the pegans gods.

Hilltop

View Profile
Did Elijah send Jehoram King of Judah a letter from heaven?
Posted : 13 Apr, 2011 05:28 AM

Our friend James in a previuos post said that one reason for him believing when you die you go immediately to heaven was 2.000 years of church tradition. I don't see anywhere in the bible where it mentions purgatory. If I'm correct about what happens at death, then there is a major religion that prays and worships dead people. You can keep your tradition. Also, if I'm correct, then all these people that are out there connecting with "dead family members" are actually messing with demonic spirits.

Hilltop

View Profile
Posted : 13 Apr, 2011 04:38 AM

I would be lying to myself if I looked at all these scriptures and then came up with the mainstream conclusion. I have no problem with believing a person goes to heaven when they die I personally just don't see it. It's not a salvation issue. It's just details and denominationalism is in the details. The Apostle Paul did rebuke Hymaneaus calling him a cancer for saying the resurrection has past. I don't have any authority to rebuke anyone but I will put out ideas and try to back them with scripture, it's all I have. The people I will rebuke are the ones that say things like Jesus was a man who became God, not God who became man or those that say Jesus isn't God. Also, there is a long sin list in the bible that is fairly clear. Other than that I'm pretty open.

Hilltop

View Profile
Posted : 13 Apr, 2011 03:43 AM

It's a good thing I didn't make a mistake and post a wrong scripture reference you wouldhave accuse me of trying to deceive. I never thought that about you, I just figured you made an honest mistake. I & II KIngs and I & II Chron can get confusing especiaally with 2 kingdoms having kings with the same name. Shalom

Hilltop

View Profile
Posted : 12 Apr, 2011 08:21 PM

Chevy Rocks,

The word is shamayim, number 8064 in Strongs check it out.

Hey 2 Sparrows, did you get the right scripture

reference yet?:rolleyes:

Hilltop

View Profile
Posted : 12 Apr, 2011 08:09 PM

I posted this once before, the hebrew word used for heaven means lofty or sky, not heaven where Jesus dwells in unapproachable light whom no man has seen or can see.

Hilltop

View Profile
Posted : 12 Apr, 2011 08:03 PM

One of us is definitely having trouble reading our bible.

In my bible 2 Kings 2 15-17 says (15) Now when the sons of the prophet who were from Jerichosaw him they said ect...

Vs 16 Then they said to him ect

vs 17 But when they urged him ect.

I don't see anything about an angel of the Lord.

Hilltop

View Profile
Posted : 12 Apr, 2011 07:00 PM

No proof they didn't overlap, which 2 men are you talking about?

Hilltop

View Profile
Posted : 12 Apr, 2011 06:57 PM

All my verses are correct. I didn't post a scripture number for the actual letter. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to find it. It's all there.

Don't know why you can't understand it , it looks pretty straightforward to me.

Hilltop

View Profile
Posted : 12 Apr, 2011 06:51 PM

Jehoshaphat died and his son Jehoram reigned for 8 years

( 2 Chron 21 vs 5). Jehoshaphat and the king of Israel (another Jehoram)consulted with Elisha. This had to be after the whirlwind incident. Jehoram, king of Judah received a letter from Elijah after Jehoshaphat died, meaning this was also some years after the whirlwind incident.The letter said Jehoram would suffer and die.He suffered for 2 years before he died. Seems pretty cut and dried. It's there for every one to look at. Not attempting to deceive any one. It's all there for the whole world to see.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10