Author Thread
OhZone

View Profile
How are you Christian girls able to do that?
Posted : 22 Jun, 2019 06:51 PM

Maybe the girls you knew back home were easy, and the ones here are more self-respecting?

OhZone

View Profile
This is easy I suppose. Answer me.
Posted : 30 May, 2017 11:44 AM

I think you are not getting the type of responses you want because no one understands your question. Perhaps the premise is too broad. Can you narrow it with a hypothetical example?

"Overly demainding" can mean so many things. Give your readers some guidance.

For instance, it could mean any of the following:

too materialistic. Wants money, fancy clothes, jewelry, perfume, nice cars, etc.

Too bossy: nagging--take out the trash, clean the porch, paint the house, mow the lawn, wash the dishes, cook dinner, etc.

too picky: Movie was boring. Dinner at the restaurant was too cold, too salty, service too slow.

too critical: always judging other people's clothing choices (those shoes do NOT match that dress!), what an ugly color. Our paper boy doesn't get the paper on the porch right on the doormat.

Too egoist: Won't go out without being fully made up and dressed. Even if you're going hiking in the woods, she has to have her hair, nails and makeup done.

Many other ideas are out there.

OhZone

View Profile
Minimum Annual Income
Posted : 30 May, 2017 11:26 AM

OhZone

View Profile
Is this shady ?
Posted : 27 Jul, 2014 11:12 AM

I think you are way overthinking this, as is common and normal for women to do. Men usually don't have six different levels of hidden agendas.

As for marking you off the "Favorites," did you ask him why, or just come here to ask everyone else?

I use the Favorites thing no so much for favorites, but for a bookmarking system. Just because someone is in my favorites, doesn't mean I want to date them. However, it does put them on a shorter list, which I can review later, when I have time. And if I have already gotten her private email and phone, why would I need to bookmark her anymore?

Sometimes, it's better to read someone's profile, then wait--rather than respond right away.

The answer to your question, "how could someone so incredible still be single?" is easy for all decent, unmarried men to answer. It is the Nice Guy Syndrome.

Nice guys can hardly ever get first dates, and even more rarely second dates because women are always looking for the "bad guy." You know, the guy who is exciting, edgy, a bit risky, and half-ignores his girlfriend by not returning calls promptly, giving short answers to emails, etc. The stuff you hate, but keeps you on the hook, worrying, wondering.

Nice guys have the problem that you always know where they stand, so there's no reason to worry about them.

The nice guys are chivalrous, kind, attentive, and not trying to get into a makeout session on the first date. They also don't try to buy a girl's attention by showing up in a Ferrari, and buying dinner at the nicest restaurant in town, and giving them expensive gifts too soon in a relationship.

Thus, women won't go out with them because they feel smothered by the chivalry, or assume the guy doesn't like her because he kept his hands to himself like a gentleman and Christian, should.

Finally, if you are not "emotionally involved" with this guy, then why does it bother you at all? The fact is, it bothers you a lot. Furthermore, if you are emotionally close enough to him to give him your personal phone number, you are either very interested in getting to know him better, or you are misleading him to think you are.

OhZone

View Profile
Dating vs Courting?
Posted : 1 Sep, 2012 08:16 PM

I was raised that you don't date a person who isn't someone you think has possibilities as a spouse. The old saying was, "every date is a potential mate."

So, for me, what you describe here, dating vs. courting, is merely semantics, since I guess all my dating all my life has been with the goal of finding a spouse.

However, I get that not everyone was raised the same way, so it's good to have a definition. Thank you.

O3

OhZone

View Profile
PROPAGANDA IS MESSING OUR MY FLOW...
Posted : 1 Sep, 2012 07:59 PM

I think that instead of lamenting that you have an attractive figure, you should be thankful.

Also, what is wrong with a guy (or woman) being attracted to what attracts them? I have family and friends who are attracted to people that I can't stand--but they're perfect for them! I know men who like fat women, but I do not.

I know men who think some women are just too skinny, but I'm totally OK with skinny, or even size AA women.

God made us each with our preferences, and I do think that society does play a role (for instance, American women like to get a nice suntan, but Japanese and Chinese typically try to protect themselves from the sun), but God knows we have preferences for physical beauty in addition to the state of a person's heart.

The Bible even talks about physical beauty as a good thing.

OhZone

View Profile
Minimum Annual Income
Posted : 4 Jul, 2012 06:52 PM

Ladies,

It is well-known that most women are not concerned about her man having a job of status or a big income.

I'm curious as to what would be the minimum job and/or income your prospective husband should have.

For that matter, is there a maximum income you'd not like to surpass? Is there a job of status that you would *not* want him to have?

O3

OhZone

View Profile
Dating vs Courting?
Posted : 4 Jul, 2012 06:43 PM

Not until I started hanging out on Christian dating sites had I ever heard of the term "courting" in anything other than my grandparents' generation.

I'd like to know if you see a distinction and if so, what is it to you?

Thanks,

O3

OhZone

View Profile
Are there any pure Christian men out there?
Posted : 4 Jul, 2012 06:37 PM

I'll be the odd man out here. I won't say I get my strength to abstain from God, but from respect. My mom taught me to respect other people--especially women.

I have lost numerous girlfriends because I wasn't more aggressive. In fact, I spent most of my 20s following the rule of "no physical contact til the 3rd date" and that ended up sending the message to these women that I was not interested. I never got 2nd dates.

It was also hard to watch all the rude, disrespectful guys and their hot girlfriends. But all I ever got were these women crying on my shoulder about what a lousy guy their BF was, and how they wished their BF was more like me! Grr.

So, I spent a few years with a relaxed standard and letting my relationships go wherever the woman wanted but without being aggressive myself: Just going with the flow.

I wish I had not done this--I have a few years I'm not proud of, and it ended up in marrying the wrong woman (sex confuses the brain) and consequent divorce. However, I am in a different place now and have been celibate since 2009 (not long for most of you, I know).

I don't have a problem respecting women. We can cuddle and hold hands or even fall asleep together without any risk of having sex, but I'd rather not get involved with kissing too soon since that can turn me on pretty quick.

O3

OhZone

View Profile
What Kind of Bait are you using??
Posted : 4 Jul, 2012 06:10 PM

I can't help thinking that if a man had made the opening comment, he would have been hauled out and drawn and quartered by all the women who would have been offended.

I, for one, refuse to believe that there are teensy-few physically-and-internally-beautiful Christian women.

O3

Page : 1 2 3 4