Author Thread
apcameron

View Profile
Friendship
Posted : 23 Feb, 2012 05:52 PM

Hi Tuckygirl50,

I kind of know how you feel as my wife passed away after 19 years of marriage. Most of the folks here seem to be weary of

people who have lost their spouse. Apart from that you will often get more response via the forums than by sending folks messages

as people in my exprience do not alway reply.

In General however I think guys tend to have fewer friends than women and so they may tend to be more selective about who they choose as friends and most of their friends tend to be other guys. At least that is my 2 cents as not every guy is the same.

apcameron

View Profile
Why Are Male Pastors Are Leaving The Church If They Say God Called Them?
Posted : 21 Feb, 2012 06:11 PM

So often we think it is the preacher or Pastors job when it is our job to reach out to the unsaved world.

It is we as individuals that are responsible to be examples and reach out to the unsaved.

1 Peter 2:9-12

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

apcameron

View Profile
Deacons
Posted : 20 Feb, 2012 07:29 PM

Thanks ETcallhome,

I was looking at it from a widower's perspective and what the implications are for someone in that situation considering being a deacon and then wanting to get married later.

apcameron

View Profile
Deacons
Posted : 19 Feb, 2012 05:43 PM

What is your interpretation of 1 Timothy 3:12?

Let the ministers be husbands of one wife, conducting their children and their own houses well: (Darby Translation)

According to Strong�s the word for one in this case is as follows:-

3391 mia mee'-ah irregular feminine of 1520; one or first:--a (certain), + agree, first, one, X other. see GREEK for 1520

Some translate it as �be the husband of a first wife�

"Mia gune"

Where as �mia sabbaton� is translated "first day of the week"

apcameron

View Profile
Middle of the road
Posted : 10 Jan, 2012 07:54 PM

Sometimes it seems that the "Normal" and "Real" people are either the wrong age or in another country. :stop:

The key is to be yourself and to trust God. :waving:

apcameron

View Profile
Banned
Posted : 14 Aug, 2011 04:47 PM

So far I have also avoided the Scammers.

Perhaps my profile gives them second thoughts.

apcameron

View Profile
Live Chat
Posted : 7 Jul, 2011 07:01 PM

Have any of you tried the Live Chat on this site?

If so have you found it helpful in meeting others?

It reminds me of the good old days when I used to look after IRC servers at the ISP I worked for.

apcameron

View Profile
Being divorced must be like having the plague...
Posted : 6 Jul, 2011 06:44 PM

Its not just divorced people who folks seem to avoid. They also seem to avoid those of us who are Widowed as well.

Its almost as if we have a warning sign on our profiles :stop: :glow:

apcameron

View Profile
Site feature
Posted : 27 May, 2011 06:23 PM

I second that request.

Perhaps a comment that says this person has not been online in the last 30 days or greater.

apcameron

View Profile
Trying not to be bitter and cynical.
Posted : 27 May, 2011 05:59 PM

bcpianogal

I will pray for you.

Sometimes we do not see God's Plan for our lives until we look back.

One thing I know is that since my wife passed away it is only with God's help that I have been able to live each day without her.

He has been faithful in answering my prayers and I know he will answer your prayers and help you in his timing.

Page : 1 2