Author Thread
AnthonyEldridge

View Profile
I'm leaving CDFF
Posted : 14 Jun, 2011 07:11 PM

I wanted to let everyone know how nice this has been and how I've appreciated the good advice.

I really only joined this group as answering a challenge. I'm feeling that maybe this wasn't the right thing to do at the moment.

I'm going to deactivate my profile. Maybe later I'll come back but not right now.

I am on Facebook however, which might be better for general fellowship.

Thank you all again and hope to see you again soon.

AnthonyEldridge

View Profile
Love at first sight?
Posted : 9 Jun, 2011 06:38 PM

Is falling in love at first sight a real thing or another pretty little lie fed to people by the media? I'm just curious.

AnthonyEldridge

View Profile
Anyone else enjoy Bad Movies?
Posted : 2 Jun, 2011 05:18 PM

No, I mean seriously bad movies. The kind that make you say, "Didn't anyone at any level of production ask if they shouldn't just stop for a moment?"

The most recent example that tested even my limits of What The- is a little gem known as "Turkish Star Wars."

I recommend looking on YouTube for this one to see what I mean. I don't want to get in the habit of posting links here.

You've heard of "Plan 9 From Outer Space," but you might not have heard of Tommy Wiseau's "The Room."

A good way to learn about how bad movies can get is by watching a little cult classic series called "Mystery Science Theater 3000." When you watch it, you either become a fan or hate it with a passion. Either way, you learn that much more about yourself in the process.

Start with Season 10 and work backwards.

There also websites that specialize in this like The Agony Booth and Foywonder. Some of the language on these two sites can be bad, so be warned. Other than that, enjoy!

AnthonyEldridge

View Profile
Dumbest Dating Advice Ever?
Posted : 2 Jun, 2011 04:57 PM

Thanks for all the responses!

My turn:

One of my supervisors (female, older) who BTW have made it their hobby to get me a date* told me to dress up, go to a fancy restaurant, get a table alone and eat and somehow women will be drawn to me.

I couldn't hear the rest because my "YARITE!" alarm went off in my head like a Star Trek Red Alert.

*success rate: ZERO

AnthonyEldridge

View Profile
Dumbest Dating Advice Ever?
Posted : 1 Jun, 2011 05:30 PM

We all know people who want to help but what's the dumbest or worst advice you've gotten about dating?

AnthonyEldridge

View Profile
Anyone else enjoy Bad Movies?
Posted : 27 May, 2011 07:22 PM

I love to laugh/riff on a good bad movie!

AnthonyEldridge

View Profile
Am I The Only One Who Hates Romantic Movies?
Posted : 27 May, 2011 07:14 PM

Not just because I'm a guy, but personally I honestly can't stand those kinds of movies.

I can watch "Se7en" or "John Carpenter's The Thing" and be honestly entertained, but five minutes of a Hallmark Channel Movie and my eyes start bleeding.

Is it just me?

AnthonyEldridge

View Profile
"Why Are We Here?"
Posted : 27 May, 2011 07:12 PM

I have similar reasons.

I've been to a lot of churches growing up, even graduated from a Christian school but the thought of dating in any capacity was foreign to me until around the time I hit 30 and realized I'd never been on a date, had a girlfriend or anything.

I've spent my adult life ignored completely by the opposite sex and yet I keep hearing things like "Oh, I'm sure there's someone for you." and "You know we're just friends, right?"

Maybe being here is an act of desperation on my part, I'm really not sure.

Thank you for responding though.

AnthonyEldridge

View Profile
"Why Are We Here?"
Posted : 27 May, 2011 06:24 PM

It's a question that hit me today at work about coming onto a Christian dating site.

Why are we coming here and places like this?

Is there a severe lack of fellowship at our local church? Is it just that hard to meet fellow believers who share our interests?

I have my reasons but I'm curious to hear yours.

AnthonyEldridge

View Profile
The spirit behind "Christian" music
Posted : 25 May, 2011 05:36 PM

A good way to avoid the appearance of evil is to start by loving the LORD with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and to love your neighbor as yourself. Because a lot of what happens in the church (never mind what instruments we use in music) makes us look like the world: divorce, ignoring tithe, gossip and false doctrine that puts us more in line with paganism than the Gospel.

Page : 1 2