Author Thread
jehovajira5185

View Profile
some 'Born Again' confusion.. you are rising from the alter, you turn to the church to announce your Lord and Savior..
Posted : 10 Jun, 2012 08:27 PM

The thing is, we humans want tangable evidence to cooroberate our beliefs, what it really comes down to is FAITH!

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen Hebrews 11:1, KJV

jehovajira5185

View Profile
What I can be loved a man
Posted : 16 Jan, 2012 11:07 PM

Have faith, I have been on here for a while, do not be discouraged, God has a plan!!!!!!!!!!!! You will find the perfect match, it may not be on this site, but you will find them!!!!! may not be today, nor tomorrow, nor this year! Have patience, keep your head up, focus on the Lord! He will provide, may not provide all we "want" but He will always provide what we NEED!

jehovajira5185

View Profile
dating
Posted : 23 Oct, 2011 12:58 PM

Yes it is unfortunate, but I do not think many know about how it is supposed to work. Courting for the most part is unheard of, and we do not have the best examples of relationships today. The bible does not provide much advice on relationships before marriage. Most of what we think of a relationship is not biblical, this is the reason. There are some wonderful books on the subject by Joshua Harris, I would suggest them to anyone, who wants to pursue a biblical relationship. I met a woman on this site that turned me onto them, she gave them to me as a gift, very sweet, probably the best gift any woman has ever given me. I would also suggest a couple other books. Crazy Love by Francis Chan, amazing book about falling in love with God. Another would be Praying God's Will for Your Life by Stormie Omartian, beautiful book about praying for His will in our lives!

jehovajira5185

View Profile
Would like a woman's point of view on,"Women with Serious Emotional Issues - Driving Me Nuts - Getting Out of Here Soon"
Posted : 22 Oct, 2011 02:25 PM

As posted in "Ask A Guy". Some men wonder why they can't get responses, or why women reject them? Try treating a woman the way she deserves to be treated, instead of expecting her to serve you, you need to serve God! And serve Him together! God created women for us to have a partner to serve Him with! As for women with emotional issues, I'll take one with issues, rather than one who has never experienced anything, because I sure have, I would like someone that understands where I come from! well enough of my rant, I want to hear from the ladies, regarding this, please? no holds barred.

"Women with serious emotional issues? Wow! Who is perfect? Who does not have emotional issues? Emotions make us human. I think some men are in denial about there own emotional issues, like the anger they have kindled from the rejection from women. They then displace that anger on other women, stereotyping them as the women who rejected them. By the way who are we to judge others?"

Matthew 7:5 "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." KJV

"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." NIV

jehovajira5185

View Profile
dating
Posted : 22 Oct, 2011 12:36 PM

Glad you re-posted a quote from my "Is Distance a problem". Is this world's idea of dating and relationships biblical?

jehovajira5185

View Profile
Alright, ladies.
Posted : 21 Oct, 2011 01:03 PM

I read your profile bro, I see no reason why someone would not want to contact you, in fact i thought you were quite genuine. You will meet some one here, may take some time, don't give up on the real world and meeting someone there. Some ladies may think your profile is too long, oh well, not willing to read for 5 minutes, not worth your time, lol. As for being too young, I don't think so, there are plenty of women on this site around your age, or ones that don't care about physical age, but instead care about maturity. As for the distance, check out my profile, look at the bottom, at the forum post, look at the distance one I posted, hope it helps you out! Good luck to you bro, and most of all God bless!!!!!!!

jehovajira5185

View Profile
Is distance a problem?
Posted : 20 Oct, 2011 01:12 PM

Well there are benefits and disadvantages of distance in a relationship. With distance involved you get to know one another on a more personal level, there is less less distractions, ability to get to know more about that person than you might in person, usually a little easier to talk about certain issues, without getting embarrassed, or feeling uncomfortable, Mainly talking from a woman's perspective on those two. The disadvantages being, not knowing about physical attraction, not seeing how that person really acts, not seeing how they interact with others, easy to hide behind a computer or the phone, the way someone acts in person is a true indicator of their character, mannerism and body language are hard to read over the internet or phone. My idea of a relationship before marriage is courting, dating is not biblical, getting to know someone in a courtship, looking for the compatibility of marriage is biblical, then being engaged, then marriage. Knowing someone for a while is the key that I have learned recently, saving certain things for marriage as well, not just abstinence, but marriage like emotions, and attraction, that you get when you claim to be "Boyfriend and Girlfriend". Hope you are getting my point? It is very important to meet before you consider starting a courtship.

As for how I would make it work, I would rely on faith, trust, honesty, and communication. Nothing is possible without the Lord being the main focus of the relationship. Also His will playing a big part in it. Prayer! Prayer plays a big role, also seeking council about it, meeting family. Being grounded in the Word of God. Having respect for one another! Equality! Healthy pace!

I do not put time frames on a relationship, just must be God's will.And if it is meant to be, love transcends all distance. Every relationship is different, if you want it to work, you have to make it work. I have had long distance relationships and close ones, none of them worked, was not the distance, was other factors. I have heard that saying, but i have seen them work, I've known married couples to be away from one another for lengthy times, in mission fields, comes back to love transcends distance. Courtships don't fail, you succeed every time, and you are still friends, no matter what, you realize you were not compatible for marriage, or you realize you are. I am not looking for a "girlfriend" I am looking for my future wife, mother of my children, my best friend, and the woman I love! Just friends until that point, with an agreement to stay true to one another and give it a try, I do not want a convenient relationship, i want a lasting relationship, LIFE LASTING RELATIONSHIP. 1,399 miles was the longest distance relationship i have ever had California to Alaska. My last courtship was 987 miles, we are still friends, it succeeded we found we were not compatible, you find out quicker in courtships as opposed to Boyfriend/Girlfriend wordly dating relationships, and you do not hurt each other as much either when it does not work. I had a courtship with this girl in Phoenix, 6 months ago, went to meet her, we were not compatible but was not the distance. So my answer to my own question is we would make it work, if that's what we wanted, and ultimately, was what God wanted, He knows us He knows what we need, he will open the door or He will close it, He is not the author of confusion, satan is and he has his hands in worldly relationships. Don't want him to have any part in mine! In Jesus' name!

It's all about God's timing! It's all about His will! I am willing to wait however long to find that person, I'm not desperate for that, I need God, He is my first true love, He is my everything. I do not care if the one he has in store for me is on the other side of the planet! I have faith that he has the perfect person in store for me, better than anyone i could ever find on my own, He will let it be known who that one is, all in His timing. Same goes for you! You will all find that person someday! Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Have faith my brothers and sisters!

jehovajira5185

View Profile
distance
Posted : 12 Aug, 2011 12:20 AM

Maybe that's God's will for? What's the problem with a long distance relationship? Why do you want someone close?

jehovajira5185

View Profile
FASTING AND PRAYER
Posted : 12 Aug, 2011 12:03 AM

Wow! Hope you did not listen to a word of that! Fasting is about sacrifice, sacrifice for a greater purpose, to get closer to God, to focus on God (without distraction), and to focus on the thing we are fasting for. Consider it like praying without ceasing.

jehovajira5185

View Profile
Prayers needed!
Posted : 11 Aug, 2011 11:49 PM

Amen Jude! Right on!

Page : 1 2 3