Author Thread
LuvGod7

View Profile
Raised in military and also different churches
Posted : 28 May, 2012 08:13 PM

Hello! I have been a believer about 31 years! It gets sweeter every day! :glow: I grew up in a Catholic household, and my father was in Korea for an Army tour while my mother brought us to a Baptist church. It was there that I took interest in the Bible, because our Sunday School teacher was very much like the Jesus Christ I understood Him to be. When we were accepted for sponsorship to join my father overseas, we went to a Pentecostal missionary church, and at a revival I committed myself to our Lord! :glow: My parents, who are now ministers, were my biggest inspiration for my conversion. They are the funniest couple I know, and my friends really enjoy hanging out with them, too. I saw that God was very real in our home. It's an exciting journey as a spirit-filled Christian. We have so much good life ahead of us to enjoy and share the joy and love of Jesus Christ!

LuvGod7

View Profile
A prayer for the single Christian
Posted : 28 May, 2012 08:05 PM

Here's a prayer that was shared with me and it was encouraging. I hope it does the same for someone else:

Father in the name of Jesus Christ, I come boldly before Your throne of grace confessing Your Word over my life as a single Christian.

I pray that You would help me to live a Godly life as a single Christian � a life that is holy, sanctified and set aside for the Master�s use, and prepared for Your good work.

I confess Your word, that as a single Christian, my life is crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet it�s not I that live, but it�s Christ that lives in and through me; and the life which I now live in the flesh as a single Christian, I live it by faith, power and strength of the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Father, You said that You would not leave us alone, but You promised to send us the Comforter. I pray therefore, that You would fellowship with me daily through the Comforter of the Holy Spirit.

I pray that while I am single, may You be the One to whom I am married. Lord, when I get lonely, may You, through the Holy Spirit, be the One who comforts my heart. May You be unto me as a close friend that sticks closer than any brother. When I need someone to talk to, may I also find comfort, as well as pleasure in talking to You. And as I talk to You, may You speak continually back to my heart, and may You be my daily companion who keeps me company, as You walk with me each and everyday.

I pray that You would give me Godly friends and acquaintances that will be an encouragement to me to live for, love and serve You with all of my heart, soul, strength, and might. And, keep me away from those who would draw my heart away from You and draw me into idleness, worldliness, carefulness or ungodly situations or relationships.

Your Word says that You are able to keep me from falling and present me faultless with exceeding great joy. I pray, therefore, that You would help me to keep watch of the evil one in my life. Father, as a single Christian, help me not to be drawn or lured into sexual temptation, and keep me from falling into sin. In Jesus' name, Amen.

LuvGod7

View Profile
Great books on love and dating
Posted : 28 May, 2012 08:03 PM

GREAT READING: Five Love Languages, Love and Respect, I Kissed Dating Goodbye, Finding Mr. Right, and Love at Last Sight.

Online you can find free Courtship, Shmourtship at http://www.covlife.org !

LuvGod7

View Profile
WinterJam Houston!
Posted : 14 Apr, 2012 03:09 PM

Were any of you at WinterJam Houston?

We are in the Building 429 official Where I Belong video!

Check us out in Minute 3:06-3:09!

I'm the one with black sleeves! Thanks for the free tickets, Holt International!

May God bless you.

LuvGod7

View Profile
31 Days Praying for Your Wife
Posted : 20 Mar, 2012 09:27 PM

http://likejesus.tv/blog/5/31-days-of-praying-for-your-wife/

LuvGod7

View Profile
Sparklingangel
Posted : 27 Jul, 2011 01:02 PM

Sparklingangel is very nice, kind, loving, loyal, funny, patient. She is a wonderful friend, and a prayerful woman. She has common sense and is loved by all in the chat room. I recommend you get to know her, and be blessed.

LuvGod7

View Profile
I wanted to say something nice about Jesus Christ
Posted : 27 Jul, 2011 12:59 PM

Very creative and heart-felt. He really is worthy of all praise!

LuvGod7

View Profile
Online Dating - a pastoral response
Posted : 27 Jul, 2011 12:57 PM

Here's an online response from a pastor on dating online

http://www.joshharris.com/2007/05/a_pastoral_response_to_online_dating.php

LuvGod7

View Profile
What does the Bible mean we are not to judge others?
Posted : 16 Jul, 2011 12:10 PM

Thank you for your great perspective. Well said.

LuvGod7

View Profile
GOOD MORNING - by Mandisa
Posted : 15 Jul, 2011 07:49 AM

Happy Song to wake up in the morning. This song has Mandisa and Toby Mac:

http://youtu.be/g1ovNZTpVcU

Page : 1 2