Author Thread
cedwards105

View Profile
When people say they need money
Posted : 26 Feb, 2023 09:25 PM

That seemed to be the scenario. Nobody can help her, local Churches turn her away, etc. We hadn't really talked much, so I suggested she talk with some pastors and try the Salvation Army (which they do have in The Philippines), and then blocked her and explained why I was blocking her. In my experience, a large proportion of the women that I match with on dating sites appear to be bots or scammers. I feel like these people have almost ruined online dating... half the time I don't even know if I'm talking to a real person.

But it troubles me, because what if someone is actually in need? I don't know for sure that this lady wasn't actually desperate.

cedwards105

View Profile
When people say they need money
Posted : 14 Feb, 2023 08:31 AM

I recently met someone from the Philippines who tells me that she is about to be evicted from her apartment and will be homeless unless she gets $500. Obviously, I'm not going to send her money. But what should we do in these situations? What if the person is actually in need? Is there an organization that we can direct them to where they can get help if it is actually needed? Or should we just block them and move on, hoping that they didn't really need help?

cedwards105

View Profile
Christian Dating after 30 in the US
Posted : 1 Jan, 2023 09:18 PM

I have pretty much given up on finding anyone around me. It has been extremely rare for me to meet a single Christian woman over 25 and under 50 in the past several years. Is this a common experience? Is dating over 30 no longer a feasible option for Christian men in the United States except through online services? It seems like the population of young Christians in the United States just isn't big enough any longer to support a dating pool, except for kids in youth groups and in college. Or is this just because I have lived in the Rust Belt, and most young people have left for more prosperous locations?