Author Thread
Len1932

View Profile
Spreading the Good News in 2012
Posted : 8 Jan, 2012 10:09 PM

LEN'S LINES ---A Little Religion On A Positive Note Bu Len Granger

Spreading the Good News

Well, with God's Grace we made it to the New year. What a wonderful feeling, with all the peace, comfort and strength our loving Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has provided us to face the world each day.

You may be wondering who this old man is that writes this religious column each week? Does he walk the walk or just talk the talk? I wonder the same as I try to walk in the footsteps of our Lord and Savior. However, we as Christians all fail in our daily lives but our Lord Jesus Christ picks us up and carries us through the rough times. He says in Hebrews: Chapter 13, Verse 5 "I will never leave you nor forsake you." and Verse 6, "So we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear, What can man do to me." What a wonderful assurance of salvation, if we only put our trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and live by faith.

Our Lord has given each of us a talent by which we can serve him and spread the Good News to the Lost, Lonely and Rejected in this world. It may be as a servant of the God serving in full time service as a Preacher, Priest or a Missionary, or maybe serving him as a Sunday School teacher or in the Choir. There are so many ways to serve as we pray for the Lord's direction and turn our life over to him.

Some wonder why I do not have my picture as part of the column heading to identify me as the writer? I want to give the Lord all the glory and credit, as he tells me what to write each week. and I am just trying to be his humble servant. Yes, the writer could be any Christian man, who has given his life to the Lord and wants him to be first in his life. You may see him anywhere, at the Post office, in the local store, attending a church service, Mass or prayer meeting and this could be the writer?

As we look at our lives, do we reflect the way our Lord wants us to live each day? Are we an example to those around us, helping and serving those in need of encouragement? Are we only Sunday Christians and blend into the sinful world the rest of the week so as not to be noticed?

We can help by tilling the soil, planting the seed, and our loving and most gracious Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be there to bring in the harvest . Let us this New Year reach out to those around us and try, as best as we can, to offer prayer, material help, and spiritual guidance using our God given abilities he has provided his believers.

Pray this Sunday we will all be in the church of our choice worshiping and praising our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. God Bless America

Len1932

View Profile
Christian women love evil men... what the heck!? (Christian men aren't much better on the large)
Posted : 6 Jan, 2012 09:20 PM

To many Christians are just Sunday Christians and live a sinful life the rest of the week, so as not to be noticed.

Len1932

View Profile
My ideas on internet dating for women, from a Christian mans perspective.
Posted : 27 Dec, 2011 08:36 PM

Beauty as seen by the eye is only skin deep, but talking and writing gives us a better idea of just makes a lovely looking lady tick. Does she have the Lord first in her life or is she trying to do everything on her own, including decisions in life?

Len1932

View Profile
happiness today, men vs. women
Posted : 26 Dec, 2011 09:43 AM

I am unable to write any of the ladies that have my age group up to 79 blocked.

Len1932

View Profile
The Power of Praise
Posted : 26 Dec, 2011 09:37 AM

Praise the Lord in everything is a powerful way to live a Christian life. Len

LENS LINES ------------A little religion on a positive note By Len Granger

Praise the Lord in Everything.

We find the Bible tells us to give Praise and thank the Lord for everything that comes our way. Thess: 5:18 " In everything give thanks; for this the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. " That is easy to do when the answers to prayers are what we had been praying for and wanted to hear. But when our prayers are not quickly answered or put on the side track, or the answer to our prayer was not what we had asked the Lord for, do we still give him the Praise and thank the Lord? Christians have long taught from God's word that all things come from the Lord and we are to Praise and thank him. Only God alone has the roadmap for our life and can see what is best for us, if we only trust him though out our lives.

Over several years I have subscribed to the Mayo Clinic Health Letter ( Tools for Healthier Lives) and in the May 2011 issue, there is a number of pages on how to improve your health. The normal things we hear on exercise, eating properly are all mentioned. However, they have now included a section in their own words that is very much like the Bible tells us. The following is quoted .

-----" Develop a Deep Sense of Gratitude for Life" -----

"Some people describe gratitude as your moral memory-----a combination of humility, grace, love and acceptance. Each day, identify at least one thing that enriches your life. Living with an "attitude of gratitude" means being thankful for every experience ----Good or Bad -----and recognizing those experiences are an opportunity to learn and grow. Let gratitude be your last thought before you fall to sleep at night and your first thought upon awaking in the morning" (end of quote)

Let us all give the Lord praise each day for all the things that come our way and try our best to follow in his footsteps. Trust we will all be praising God in the church of our choice this coming Sunday. God Bless America

Len1932

View Profile
How did you meet your better half?
Posted : 25 Dec, 2011 09:03 PM

When I was in 1st and 2nd grades , there was a girl that I really enjoyed being with each day. I would go out of my way to school (we walked blocks to school in those days) .just to have the opportunity to be with a girl named Coralie. That name is not often given to a girl even today. Along about the end of the school year she moved from the area and her name and great times we had has always stuck in my mind. This happened in Iowa and when I joined the Air Force they sent me to California. There one day I attended a USO dance held by the high school girls and would you believe met a beautiful girl, and her name was Coralie. She was one of the top dancers and I never learned to dance, the daughter of the Chev Plant Manager and I was just a one-striper in the Air Force, but she invited me home that day to visit with her parents. We hit it off from the very start and one month after graduating from high school we were married. Just 6 months after meeting and she was just 17 and I was 20 so we had to have our parents permission to get married at that age. In 55 years, we traveled the world, had six children, had a farm and several other businesses together. We had a high respect for each other, even though I never learned to dance. When I found another girl named Coralie, I never let her go All our life the Lord was number one and he blessed us over and over.

Len1932

View Profile
My ideas on internet dating for women, from a Christian mans perspective.
Posted : 24 Dec, 2011 08:39 AM

I can only say what I believe about internet dating for women. I never look for a pretty picture of a woman but try to get her feelings on subjects and how her heart is towards our Lord. Then we pray that we maybe friends on the internet as we know we each have our own support system with church, family, and friends and will not be happy leaving our area of the country. I am a Christian writer for newspapers and love to be friends with other writers.

Len1932

View Profile
happiness today, men vs. women
Posted : 24 Dec, 2011 08:28 AM

Widower men are not happy after years of a happy marriage. I can go to the VA Cemetery when my wife is buried and see men crying over their wifes tombstone. Then when you check the dates of deaths the men usually last about 2 years after their wifes went home. Women often live up to 20 years longer.

Len1932

View Profile
Are you looking forward to the New Year walking with the Lord?
Posted : 22 Dec, 2011 10:45 PM

LEN'S LINES --A Little Religion On A Positive Note By Len Granger

Looking Forward to the New Year

As the New Year will soon be with us , we can reflect on the past year and how we lived our life. Did we attempted to follow in the footsteps of our loving and gracious Lord Jesus Christ or did we try to do everything on our own?

At Christmas time we celebrated the birth of a small helpless baby who came to earth with a purpose, to die on the rugged cross and give his life that we might have eternal salvation , if we only put our faith in him and repented from our sinful lives.

We came on this earth also a small helpless baby, seeking a purpose in life. and many of us are still looking for answers. However, when we turned over our lives to the Lord Jesus Christ, it became very apparent to us that we had a purpose in life. We became a servant of the Lord, worshiping him and praying for his guidance in our lives. as we learned to pray and read the Bible. We now attempt to walk in our Lord's footsteps, speaking to those we came into contact with, giving out the Good Word.

As we look to the New Year, let us remember we are not alone to face the challenges that we will encounter in our lives. Yes, life is full of difficulties but Christ has given us a Helper to take the place of his visible presence.

He said. " And I will pray to the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter that he may abide with you forever," as it reads in John 14 verse 16.

We see two things that can be easily explained. First , we need divine help to live the life that pleases God. This first item is demonstrated in experiences we encounter. Every trial of life brings us face to face with our own limitations and weaknesses.

The second is the promise made by Jesus. We can all get the help we need. More than that, we can have the helper himself. How does he help? "the spirit also helpeth our infirmities" Romans 8 verse 26.

1. HE helps us bear up under our burdens and challenges in life.

2. HE helps us to look up unto our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

3. HE helps us to face up and recognize our own failures.

4. HE helps us to stand up for the truth.

Yes, as Christians we need and can count on the Spirit to guide our lives daily --- if we only put our faith and trust in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Trust this coming Sunday, New Years Day, that we all will be in the church of our choice worshiping and praising our Lord. God Bless America.

Len1932

View Profile
Why Are You Sitting In Church Today?
Posted : 20 Dec, 2011 08:25 PM

LEN'S LINES --- A Little Religion On A Positive Note By Len Granger

Why Go To Church?

We get subject material for Len's Lines from column readers and we really appreciate their response. We try to reach out to people all over the world with the Good Word of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is especially rewarding to have my brother, a preacher in Iowa, send this story on Why We Should Attend Church.

He says a Church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday. "I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard

something like 3,000 sermons.. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them... So, I think I'm wasting my time and the pastors are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."

This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column,

much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks until someone

wrote this clincher:

" I've been married for 30 years now.. In that time my wife has cooked

some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire

menu for a single one of those meals. But I do know this.. They all

nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife

had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today.

Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would be

spiritually dead today!"

When you are DOWN to nothing...... God is UP to something!

FAITH sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible! Thank God for our physical and our spiritual nourishment!

This is one of his favorite sayings which I think everyone should read. We all face challenges every day, but our Lord stands besides us, and the Lord says he will never leave us. This we read in the Bible, Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness, and be content with such things as ye have, for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say, "Jesus, could you get that for me?"

We trust this coming Sunday, we will be in the church of our choice, singing and worshiping our Lord Jesus Christ, God Bless America

Page : 1 2 3 4