Author Thread
mountainjen

View Profile
Would YOU divorce a spouse because of Alzheimer's?
Posted : 12 Nov, 2011 09:34 AM

Lol, I didn't answer the question. No I wouldn't divorce a spouse who had Alzheimer's because I would be short circuiting God's program to perfect love in me. This development in my spouse is no surprise to Him. Sure His desire is to bless me with things that are enjoyable but He also blesses me with trials that make me stronger and looking more like Him. Someone in my small group brought up a statistic that the average person will experience suffering 65% of their life. And God promises to be with us in the suffering. I believe on the cross he experienced Alzheimer's and the rejection of a loved one for having the desease. So if God emptied Himself of all entitlement to bear our sins and deseases why shouldn't we who bear His likeness do the same. Isn't that glorifying God to do what He would do?

mountainjen

View Profile
Would YOU divorce a spouse because of Alzheimer's?
Posted : 12 Nov, 2011 09:20 AM

The prosperity gospel Pat has immersed himself with is rather self centered. So goes to figure he would have a self centered view of Alzheimers and divorce. He seems to be endorsing conditional love with this view...contrary to what he has preached for years about agape love. The phrase "you shall know them by their fruit" comes to mind here.

mountainjen

View Profile
Young's Experiment to Prove/Disprove God's Omnipresence
Posted : 12 Nov, 2011 09:00 AM

Very interesting question. From what we are told God is of the spirit world and does not see the way we do. Also God is light...so how would light interact with light? And finally from what I understand, the reason God asked questions of Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel was to get them thinking about where they were ... apart from Him already experiencing the co.nsequences of sin, i.e. shame and fear. In the form of Jesus He did the same thing...ask questions and tell stories. All have a way of getting us past our defenses, thinking about our condition and hopefully reasoning that we do need a savior.

This was a wonderful question you asked and you are using the gift God has given you as an intellect....keep asking...keep knocking...and I believe He will blow your mind!...in a good way

: )

mountainjen

View Profile
Vatican Calls For New World Economic Order
Posted : 29 Oct, 2011 03:53 PM

another reminder that we're living in the end time.

mountainjen

View Profile
Anyone from Colorado?
Posted : 29 Oct, 2011 03:47 PM

Hi...these posts are a little old but I'm checking in from Colorado Springs!

Jen

mountainjen

View Profile
Outward looking in
Posted : 26 Oct, 2011 11:37 PM

LOL! You really got us there! I think is has to do partially with how God made us and the consequences of the fall. As women, a desire is woven into our hearts to be found pleasing ... part of being designed to be a "responder" to tender leadership. Unfortunately, consequences of sin cause us to seriously doubt our ability to be enough...some of us feel it more than others. From Eden to now, sin's effects cause us to want to hide the fragile beauty of our true soul behind makeup and fancy fig leaves. Behind the mask is a little girl looking up at a father asking am I really beautiful. I guess it depends on the answers we've gotten so far as to how much we believe how awesome He has made us.