Author Thread
kingliness

View Profile
What do you do with God's signs?
Posted : 16 Feb, 2012 12:49 AM

Jesus gave many signs to the Pharisees and Sadducees, they just refused to see them because their hearts were hard. In fact, Jesus pointed to His signs to show He was from the Father.

And finally even though the Pharisees continually attacked Him and conspired against Him because of His signs (healing, raising the dead, opening eyes) He told them they would see the sign of Jonah, so those who were seeking would seek their Bibles and be able to recognize that Jesus was raised up like Jonah from the whale, another sign.

Did they truly seek Him and find?

Is this what happened? Peter spoke after Jesus was taken up and 3000 came to belief on that day.

Keep asking in faith brother, God will reveal Himself. However, He will NEVER contradict His Word, but maybe your interpretation of it. That we might all worship in Spirit and in Truth. So always be foolish before God willing to be taught by the Holy Spirit. :)

Be Blessed!

kingliness

View Profile
God says, in one year...
Posted : 2 May, 2011 11:45 PM

Sometimes people need to bite back the pride and apologize, instead of attacking other people and putting them in boxes, while saying their own intentions were pure while others were not...

As for the topic, I read an interesting report that Osama bin Laden is more than likely dead, and has been dead for many years of a kidney disease. The bin Laden we saw on video at the end of 2001 had a different nose and a gold ring, which is not acceptable to bin Laden's religion. Interesting evidence for certain...

BTW, Spirit, I'd love to discuss your exigesis concerning that most dreams, prophecies, visions are not from God... and that Jesus warned against them... let's chat about that.

Paul said I desire you all to prophecy. And Jesus explained how to discern from a false prophet by his "fruit"... and the Bible says that old men shall have dreams, etc. I can show more examples that we can discuss after these.

HolyGhostGirl, keep building your relationship with your Father and listening to His voice... as He says His sheep shall hear His voice.

God bless you,

Christopher

kingliness

View Profile
Open Letter to All the Women On Here..
Posted : 21 Oct, 2010 06:07 PM

Hmm, maybe I came across as hostile. Sorry about that.. :)

Uhm, well.. when I said if you're reading this you're probably not doing it.. I didn't intend to come across as bitter.. as I'm certainly not.

I guess I came across incorrectly.. in essence I meant to say, that for women who are serious they should respond to guys who they find interesting.. even if they "wink" or just send a short statement.. only because the onus on men to always approach doesn't help either sex.

For instance a guy writes a long thought out letter to let's say 10 different women.. and 1 responds, but says something very short and doesn't give much to feedback on.. I'm sure you've been in these convos before, with the one word replies.. not very much fun :)

So back to our eager bachelor after this happens, the guy decides he will write less and wink.. just to see who is even interested in him through his pics and profile.. then when a woman responds.. he will be more engaging.. make sense? Anywayss... it was just an open letter to women because I've talked to many women on here who were doing the exact opposite and didn't like the results. So, I offered my opinion.. if you like your results so far, then I guess this isn't a letter for you and more power to you :).

As far as the Archimedes guy, yeah he rubbed me the wrong way.. if you felt his comments were constructive well.. to each their own.. no problems. Maybe, I overreacted wouldn't be the first time and probably not the last :)

Thanks for your comments.

C.

kingliness

View Profile
Saving yourself for marriage.
Posted : 9 Oct, 2010 10:51 PM

I'm not a virgin myself.. so I understand the heart decision that comes from a guy, giving up that part of his life to God.. not an easy thing, but God is able to do it.

Personally, if a girl wasn't interested in me because I didn't wait.. I would understand and be okay with it.. if God is calling her to being with a guy who has been pure in that way since birth, more power to her..

I don't seek women, but the approval of God and He will do all other things.

That's my outlook on it.

I think it's great that women have waited for marriage.. that's going to make their marriage a lot stronger I believe. I think we have to be slightly careful to think that a virgin is better than a girl who had sex, and God called her back to virginity.. both are special to God and both should be special to us.

Always be humble because even though we may not have certain sins, we all do have sin.. and we all need the Grace of God daily to follow Him.

God bless you all and I pray that the Lord keeps you on His path and He blesses you with the desires of your heart.

Chris

kingliness

View Profile
Posted : 1 Jun, 2010 07:16 AM

I'm probably not much better, I have over 256 unread msgs in my mailbox.. very few catch my attention.. it probably means she has way too many msgs to read so she has to be selective with who she responds to.. don't take it personally - just move on I guess.. and you're right she's probably not someone you could spend your lifetime with.. because you can't say the wrong thing to the right person or the right thing to the wrong person.. at least that's what I believe, but I'm an idealist :)

C.

kingliness

View Profile
Posted : 22 Apr, 2010 05:30 PM

I'm definitely guilty of this.

I ignore rather than reject..

It's usually easier that way because I've said sorry, just not interested.. and then gotten all kinds of questions like why, what's wrong with me.. and then it just gets bad...

Maybe I'm wrong for that.. I've considered it.

As far as proper message length.. hmm, i think enough that can be commented on is good.. like if someone says.. "You only have 1 day left to live.. what do you do?" Don't say, "Be with family" not very much to continue on with that reply lol.

Chris

kingliness

View Profile
Posted : 8 Mar, 2010 09:33 AM

edit: don't let the "search" consume you! durr.

kingliness

View Profile
Posted : 8 Mar, 2010 09:26 AM

Hey Queen

Thanks for checking it out and adding your input :)

lol Beez..

What would you suggest instead for those hopeful romantics out there that want to get to know you better and still fly under the "weirdo" radar?

And I'm sorry but I have to comment to all the dudes replying negatively.. seriously, this was a letter to women not you.. being sarcastic to me and about what I've experienced only makes you look foolish it doesn't show your alpha maleness.. so better luck next time.

To everyone else - I hope love finds you when you're not expecting it, but let the "search" control your life because when you find the right person you want to be the right person for them.

C.

kingliness

View Profile
Posted : 14 Dec, 2009 06:27 AM

Awesome.. great points okay to start..

"First of all, in this post there were reasons for why men write short answers. Women are told not to think they are boring because of this, yet women are told not to write short answers. Couldn't the reason why women are writing short answers is for the same reasons the men are, and men should not then think that they are uninteresting and boring?"

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I don't mean for the entire interaction.. I was talking about the initial email.. if a woman writes a guy first and has a short email.. then the guy should not think she is uninteresting or boring.. I would have mentioned that also, but then I would have to rename the post, Open Letter to All Men And Women On Here :)

"Also it's mentioned that if we are uninterested, not to answer back or reply to winks - then later it is mentioned to let the guy know if we are uninterested. If this is refering to IF we have already answered and the guy won't take the hint so we need to tell him we are not interested - then I understand, however that needs to be stated more clearly. ;)"

- Yes don't answer out of pity.. I.E. If I say, what's your fav artists.. don't say.. Jesus Culture (which happens to be mine lol).. just out of pity.. reply with something like, you know your profile just didn't catch my attention because you seem kinda arrogant.. or I don't like white guys.. whatever.. I meant just don't answer to be polite. :) Because sooner or later, that's going to waste both of our times.

"Anyway, if a guy wants a long reply then he needs to make sure he doesn't ask closed questions. No questions that require a yes or no answer, but at the same time, don't ask too many at once."

- Fair enough advice.. what questions do you think a guy should ask that are interesting enough to a girl to share about herself? Obviously, while "hows the weather over there" is not a close ended question.. something tells me it won't go over too well :) Personally, I ask questions along hobbies, ambitions, goals, love of Christ, daily life.. etc.. I don't like to have to ask those questions though because they are same old same ol.. but if a girl doesn't give enough info in her replies, you can't really comment or joke on it.. so then you're back to the questions.

"Don't all of a sudden stop replying to a girl - let her know if you are not interested, instead of her wondering why the guy won't contact her again."

- You hear that guys? If you want women to be straight with you be straight with them. And the Christian thing to do would be tell her what happened to cause you to lose interest in here. This way we can learn from each other in love.

"And I am curious... Guys have contacted me and I have been interested, answering everything that they have asked and have asked questions in return. They seem really interested then all of a sudden... *poof*... they disappear. Never to reply again."

- Without knowing the exact conversation I can't give my personal POV.. however, a couple things pop up.. either he isn't really into online dating, has too busy of a schedule, or he just wasn't into you from the beginning.. let me ask you something to clarify.. when a guy doesn't message you, do you email him again or just sit there waiting for him to keep emailing you? One thing that happens to me is: I'll talk to a girl hit it off, and then afterwards expect her to show more than idle interest to me.. if she doesn't I tend to think she's not interested.. I don't want to be the one who initiates every conversation.. no guy wants to be the guy that girls tell them about "this guy just won't leave me alone or take the hint.."

"I find the ones I am very interested in and excited to talk to, stop talking to me and the ones I am not as interested in, won't leave me alone. Any advice for that?"

- This is another one that I can't really say for certain without knowing more about you and them, but.. this is online dating and while you might be a cool girl.. the girl who is down the street will be more real to them.. realize that life gets in the way.. Christ is in charge and He knows what we really need.. treat everything in life as it is.. us changing and becoming more into the Image He wants us to be. Chase Christ and everything else falls into place.. and if we don't find our "soul mate" is Christ sufficient for us? This is important for both men and women because when Christ completes us we don't come off as needy or jaded. Which tends to happen after going through the storms of life.

God bless you too :)

kingliness

View Profile
Posted : 13 Dec, 2009 06:22 AM

Hey first off if you're reading this you're probably not one of the women doing this.. but if you are I got something to share with you..

I've been on this website for quite awhile and talked to the girls and guys.. and I have my own experiences here.. if you want a guy that is a good guy pay attention.

1. If you go to a guy's profile and you like him.. wink at him at least.. yes I know you think men should chase you down and slay the dragon.. and I agree... but remember we've never met you and know nothing about you.. also, if you don't wink or msg we assume you are not interested.

2. If we do happen to wink at you to see if you are interested.. don't go into some self righteous.. he didn't message so he's not a real man.. wink back if you're interested.

3. If we do happen to message you and put ourselves out there and you are interested.. write back an engaging email.. something to talk about.. don't write back one sentence replies.. we assume you're not interested! Yes, the man is the leader, but we don't know anything about you.. and quite frankly if you're worth chasing yet. Be willing to put forth some effort.

4. If we write you a quick email or something and we're the ones writing to you.. odds are that we have been messaging a lot of girls who have either not written back on longer emails or wrote back short silly replies to longer emails.. so if we are messaging you and it's quick.. don't assume it means we are uninteresting or boring.. write back something interesting and test the waters before you decide that.

5. If you're not interested in a guy.. don't write back anything at all.. don't respond to winks.. or you could even write back and say what it was that didn't interest you! Novel idea I know, but as Christians why don't we help each other out.. just don't write back out of pity.. if you write a short reply.. thinking men will get the hint.. well we do, but we think either a. she's not into us which is likely.. b. we didn't ask her something interesting enough which is possible.. c. she is just scared to put her heart out there so we gotta get to know her more.. d. she just isn't very interesting and we have to pick up the slack.. so if you're not interested let us know.. sure it sucks at first, but it's a lot better than wasting our time with a girl that doesn't like us because we don't ski or something.

And if you have any advice for men on profiles, things to lead emails with to get you to feel comfortable and talkative, things that turn you off quickly, or your own experiences.. feel free to share them we are all Christians who love one another here.

Chris

Page : 1 2