Author Thread
SweetGeek

View Profile
Christian Metal:
Posted : 20 Jul, 2012 11:27 AM

They're maybe a little more punk than metal, but I'm a big fan of Scaterd Few. They are no longer recording or performing, but you can still get their music. Look for them on Grooveshark or Spotify. :rocknroll:

SweetGeek

View Profile
User tech support
Posted : 23 Feb, 2012 08:43 AM

To enable pop-ups for CDFF Instant Messaging in Google Chrome:

Click on the wrench icon in the upper right of the browser window

When the menu drops down, click "options"

When the options page comes up click "Under the Hood" on the left side of the window.

On the under the hood page in the Privacy section, click the "Content Settings..." button.

On the content settings page, near the bottom in the pop-ups section. click the "Manage exceptions..." button.

On the pop-up exceptions page, in the text box under "Hostname Pattern" type in "www.christiandatingforfree.com". Make sure the setting under the label "Behavior" says "Allow", then press the enter key.

Pop-ups (IMs) are now enabled for CDFF!

SweetGeek

View Profile
User tech support
Posted : 23 Feb, 2012 08:43 AM

To Enable pop-ups for CDFF Instant Messaging in Firefox:

If you have a little orange box that says "Firefox" in the upper left corner of your browser window, click on it, then click on "Options"

If you don't have the orange box, click on "Tools", the "Options"

In the Options menu, make sure the "Content" tab is selected

Leave the "Block pop-up windows" checkbox selevted, but next to it, click the "Exceptions..." button

When the "Allowed Sites - Pop-ups" window opens, type "www.christiandatingforfree.com in the "Address of website" box, " and click the "Allow" button.

Click "Close" button on the "Allowed Sites - Pop-ups" window

Click the "OK" button on the "Options" window.

Pop-ups (IMs) are now enabled for CDFF!

SweetGeek

View Profile
User tech support
Posted : 23 Feb, 2012 08:22 AM

It would be nice to have a forum where users could help each other with tech issues with CDFF. I see a lot of people who say something in their profile about not being able to get IM working. I think most of the time it is a problem with pop-up blocker settings that they don't know how to adjust.

I wrote up instructions for the Firefox and Google Chrome browsers so far and intend to write up instructions to others in the future.

SweetGeek

View Profile
drinking emoticons aren't appropriate for this site.
Posted : 23 Feb, 2012 07:52 AM

Yes, and I'd also like to see a prayer emoticon that isn't Catholic specific. The two prayer icons available (:prayingm: :prayingf:) show the person crossing them self. How about one with the person just bowing their head and folding their hands?

SweetGeek

View Profile
I got a bit of a rant....
Posted : 5 Feb, 2012 05:02 AM

I think the height thing works for men as well. I wouldn't say I prefer petite women, but a dainty, petite lady definitely pushes my masculine protective urge buttons.

SweetGeek

View Profile
Hot vs. Cute... thoughts?
Posted : 27 Dec, 2011 01:03 PM

I would say that men respond differently to the beauty of different women. We would describe them differently (pretty, cute, beautiful, hot, etc.) but that doesn't necessarily infer a ranking system. I would agree that we would more likely describe as "cute" a woman who had a more girlish look. And yes, we would more likely describe as "hot" a woman we found especially sexy, but that doesn't necessarily mean we are responding to provocative dress or that we are having lustful thoughts about her.

SweetGeek

View Profile
Why Am I Contacted By All These Phillipines Girls?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 07:25 AM

Oh, and by the way, here is an interesting web site for anyone considering the possibility of a Filipina wife: http://www.filipinawives.com/ It is run by a western man who married a Filipina.

SweetGeek

View Profile
Winks? Cheezy, though to the point?
Posted : 5 Dec, 2011 04:06 PM

I don't think winking is too forward coming from a woman. For me it usually happens after I've looked at her profile and she's looked at mine. I read it as "OK, you've seen me and I've seen you and I'm interested". It lets me know that if I write to her, I'll probably get a response.

One thing that bugs me a bit is that I specifically state in my profile that I don't consider myself compatible with certain denominations because of doctrinal differences, but women of those denominations send me winks anyway! I usually try to be a gentleman and write to them telling them why I'm not interested, but sometimes I get annoyed and just delete the wink.

Personally, I don't wink at women. I did once when a woman winked at me first, but except for that once, I write messages.

SweetGeek

View Profile
Why Am I Contacted By All These Phillipines Girls?
Posted : 3 Dec, 2011 06:33 AM

Railrunner,

I understand your concerns because I wondered a bit about the same sort of things when I first joined this site. I have been contacted by several women who, shortly after contacting me, were banned from the site (presumably for scammer type behavior). NONE of those were Filipinas!

I am engaging in conversation with a number of Filipinas and have found them all pleasant. The only criticism I have is that there are many that contact me that don't seem to have read my profile. I specifically state that I don't consider myself compatible with members of certain denominations that I have doctrinal differences with, but members of those denomination contact me.

I get the impression that in general Filipinas are more concerned with the character of a man than the women of my own country. I think that is part of the reason that they respect older men. I is probably also simple matter of cultural difference. In many other cultures younger women marrying older men is a common occurrence.

That said, one should always be cautious when evaluating anyone from any country. I think in this age with the existence of technologies like webcams and Skype, tinychat, etc., it is much easier to verify the identity of the person you are talking to. As in all things, pray for wisdom and discernment.