Author Thread
AsmileForever

View Profile
which one and why?
Posted : 21 Apr, 2014 07:54 PM

I spent most my life in Los Angeles where there are LOTS of spiritual people and some even have spiritual gurus. But the difference between spiritual and religious is that spiritual focuses on ME and religion focuses on WE. Jesus's biggest focus was on the WE part.

Also I read a book about a group of cannibals that lived in the 1970's in some isolated lands I believe close to India. The author said that they were "very spiritual people". They loved the trees and the earth because it provided for them. I found that an interesting thought. Practicing cannibals could never be practicing Christians.

AsmileForever

View Profile
Parable of The Talents
Posted : 7 Feb, 2012 01:19 PM

The best part of the parable is it made logical sense until 2010. But in 2010 the man who invested his money lost it in the economy failing and the second man put his in the bank and the banks collapsed. The third buried his money and when the master returned the third guy was the only one with any money. Would your boss fire you if you lost all his money?

AsmileForever

View Profile
ask unbelievers: if the bible is true, would the world be any different today?
Posted : 7 Feb, 2012 12:56 PM

We can't say if the world would be different if Jesus did not come. There are too many forces at play to even guess that.

AsmileForever

View Profile
Gender from a biblical perspective and how it relates to marriage
Posted : 7 Feb, 2012 12:53 PM

Which explains we are incomplete without a spouse.

AsmileForever

View Profile
i made a choice
Posted : 6 Feb, 2012 11:02 PM

When it comes to religion it is important that you agree on common ground. I could never marry a buddist who doesn't believe in Jesus. There are also some Christian groups that are so similar that its not a big change at all. We are more alike that different if we listen to each other.

Keep you heart open and be sure you talk about Jesus even on your first date. Don't wait.

Heart open...chin up! :)

AsmileForever

View Profile
Smile
Posted : 6 Feb, 2012 10:51 PM

Agreed! A profile shot with a smile gets more Winks!

AsmileForever

View Profile
Invisible
Posted : 6 Feb, 2012 10:48 PM

Ok. I'm going to be honest here because it is the only way to help you.

The reason you are single is because you don't express the REAL YOU. Your profile is filled with facts and has no passion. Men want to feel your passion. What excites you? It is better to spend your whole profile saying how much you loved one movie then to fill it up with simple nothings.

So I can assume that you are filling your church life up with simple nothings too. Stop holding back. Don't be afraid....express who you are. Say what you feel. Be yourself in public and on this site.

I bet you'll find a man that appreciate the REAL you if you do this.

Love is out there! Chin Up!

AsmileForever

View Profile
friendship
Posted : 6 Feb, 2012 10:43 PM

Friendship is great. I have lots of guys friends. But we came on this site to find someone we could be Yoked with and not just another buddy.

AsmileForever

View Profile
Single and not looking: A recommendation to singles
Posted : 6 Feb, 2012 10:39 PM

I have no idea how the opening verse has anything to do with the question and answer section. But let me say that this verse is so often misunderstood. In Roman times woman could be bought and sold and here comes Jesus saying a woman is important. That was BIG! So do not under estimate what Jesus said in that passage.

AsmileForever

View Profile
Advice and encouragement about Online Dating
Posted : 6 Feb, 2012 10:22 PM

These are all great advice. The key is don't be perfect and don't be polite....BE YOURSELF. Sometimes that means asking a really crazy question. Be adventurous and be yourself.

Page : 1 2