Author Thread
creationist

View Profile
Dinosaurs...
Posted : 31 Jul, 2011 01:08 AM

LOL... that is correct. The debate IS over - evolution lost. Geologists can't even explain how polystrate fossils exist lol.

creationist

View Profile
Global Warming
Posted : 30 Jul, 2011 01:07 PM

LOL, no. No, I don't quite think global warming and intelligent design are on the same level, as to call them both pseudo-sciences. Isn't that insulting, to God? Is God not intelligent? Did God not design and create the entire universe? Wouldn't that be.... intelligent... design? Doesn't it take intelligent design for me to even type a sentence that can be read?

creationist

View Profile
Whatcha think about God and the big bang all being one in the same?
Posted : 30 Jul, 2011 12:51 PM

LOL of course Genesis speaks of literal 24 hour days. Genesis states that on day 3 the plants were made. Day 4, the sun. I don't quite think the plants waited thousands, or even millions of years for the sun to be created. Plants need the sun to begin photosynthesis, ya know. God set the 'machine' up, the earth, and made sure oxygen was available for people and animals by day 6, since plants are our source of oxygen.

Neanderthal man was a normal guy. They've found flutes that 'neanderthals' made not all that long ago.

I never did like the word 'theory' because it simply means 'idea'. Anyone can have an idea about how the universe began. You could say a dancing pickle made the universe.

:dancingp:

But there's no proof, because it's just an idea lol.

creationist

View Profile
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 3 Jan, 2009 08:34 PM

And I quote:

"I do not believe that the book of Genesis wants to tell anything about creation, but all about the creator."

Well, ya better go back and read this verse again then:

Genesis 1:1 - "In the beginning God created . . ."

God (Jesus) said He is the beginning and the end. That includes history! Of course God wants us to know the history and application of when, why and in some cases how He made the entire universe. If Genesis wasn't telling anything about creation, well, coulda fooled me... considering Genesis went day-by-day explaining what God made, and on which day. Genesis is the very 'beginning' in written record.

creationist

View Profile
Global Warming
Posted : 6 Aug, 2008 07:07 PM

I agree guys... I don't believe in global warming (earth worship) either. Last I heard, our atmosphere has what... something like .0038% CO2 in it? Now isn't that relatively... miniscule? More CO2 means the trees and plants grow more rapidly and larger... and trees require CO2 in order live and to produce a byproduct - O2, which, hehe, humans and animals and insects require to breathe! God set up the world as a finely-tuned system, and yes... cycles.

So nah, hahaha, I don't fall for the global warming nonsense. Seems like a control-mechanism to me.

creationist

View Profile
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 6 Aug, 2008 06:56 PM

Hmm, fun topic!

Here's my 2 cents:

Evolution and God do not go hand in hand. Evolution is a secular theory, and as such, evolution states there is no God - at all. No supernatural force. Christians who try to infuse evolution with Genesis, well... that doesn't work either. That's called the "gap theory" and was a desperate attempt by scared churches in the 1800s to make the Bible fit in with science during that era.

Besides.. why would a loving God use evolution to get life here? I don't think God is a bumbling nit wit! God didn't roll cosmic dice or play games to get Adam and Eve here. God didn't use misfits and freaks of nature to get life here, through long, slow, gradual processes and guess-work. What kind of "god" would create life in that manner? Kinda cruel, isn't it?

Also, if ya pay attention to Genesis, you'll see that there was no death until Adam sinned. Evolution states there was death before sin. Genesis says sin came first, and then death. Evolution and the Bible have nothing in common, at all. They are polar opposites.

I guess evolution and God are at odds, because it's really religion vs. religion. Evolution is a religion. It's a belief, an unproven one, that requires faith to believe in.

I've heard the argument of this verse posed:

2 Peter 3:8 - "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

Interesting verse! I don't see millions of years in that verse. At all. I see the Lord letting us know that to God... He has no conception of time. He isn't trapped in time - we are. Time is a physical property, according to Albert Einstein... and God isn't subject to time. Only we are. The verse above reverses itself. It says 1,000 years is like 1 day to God. Then it changes and says 1 day is like 1,000 years to God. Well, which is it?! It's simply a verse telling believers that God isn't trapped in time. That verse in no way implies millions of years.

The SIX (6) days of creation, were literal days in Genesis. Go read Genesis chapter 1 again! After each "day" it says that the evening and the morning were the first day... second day... third day... and so on. Evening and morning - that isn't millions of years or even thousands!

Read closely and you'll see that on day 3 plantlife was made. Then on day 4 the sun was made. If we pretend that there was... say... 1,000 years between "day 3 and day 4" or even millions of years... well how long do you think the plants can wait until the sun comes up, to start the process of photosynthesis? Plants need sun light - the plants were made on day 3, and the very next day, the sun was made. Plants without sunlight, don't live very long, let alone thousands or millions of years.

I'm not trying to be arrogant here, haha, I'm just using logic. There is zero proof that anything evolves or evolved. Dogs still produce dogs. Cats have cats. People have people. This hasn't changed, at all. The "fossil record" which isn't even a "record" really, shows that animals have NOT changed, at all. As in, transitional forms.

Why do they not find fossils of.... say... a half turtle, half rodent? Nevermind something like that looking ugly, haha, but why don't we find "half and half" animal fossils? Instead, they find fossils of complete animals. Fully functional. Complete horse fossils, humans, dogs, reptiles, etc. Even in strata (rock layers) supposedly millions of years old... they find fossils of animals that resemble our animals today. I think people forget that Noah's flood played a humongous role, not only in giving this earth an aged-appearance, but also in burying various animals for example, in different layers. Most creationists refer to this as "hydrologic sorting" and it does indeed occur. The flood of Noah's time is responsible for the aged look of this earth, and the layers upon layers of fossils found. Not millions of years of time.

6 days, is 6 days, in Genesis. To think otherwise, I would ask someone to prove, scientifically, that Genesis occurred over long periods of time. Because geology says otherwise about the age of this world! It points to a young earth, not an old one. So I guess in Revelation, when the "antichrist" is here for 7 years... does that mean 7 years, or... 7,000 years? After all, many think that 1 day is 1,000 years to God ya know.

Written communication suddenly sprang up on the scene rougly 5500 years ago. Just suddenly... written languages appeared. There was no evolutionary process of the languages. And as far as "stone age" and "copper age" and "bronze" and iron ages go? I laugh at that, too. Genesis 4:22 mentions Tubal-cain, an artificer of brass and iron. That was what... 5000... 5500 years ago? Yet, secularists try to tell us that 5000 years ago, people were just beginning to work with clay or copper, for example. Nonsense... people had an excellent understanding of metalurgy since God placed mankind here. After the flood, I believe much of that knowledge was lost, and tid bits of it were taken aboard the Ark, in Noah's own mind. And after the flood... well.. "technology" would have to start over, right? Giving the appearance that we went through stone ages, copper ages, etc.

I'm so sorry, I rambled.. LOL. I'll be quiet now and maybe someone else will respond. But before I go, I'd like to point out a few more verses that speak out against evolution:

Ecclesiastes 7:29 - "Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions."

(verse above, key words: "hath made man UPRIGHT" but "they" have sought out "many inventions.")

Jeremiah 2:27 - "Saying to a stock, Thou art my father; and to a stone, Thou hast brought me forth: for they have turned their back unto me, and not their face: but in the time of their trouble they will say, Arise, and save us."

(verse above makes me laugh sort of, because it says people would call a stock [old english word for 'tree'] their father.. and then tell a stone "thou hast brought me forth" - this is hilarity! this is what evolution says, that all things are related within this universe, that we have 'common ancestors' - and evolution first took place on the 'rocks' in the soupy primordial oceans, according to evolution, right? i love the verse above, it's excellent and speaks against evolution.)

Ok, someone else's turn to join in here hehe :dancingp: