Author Thread
MissJoy

View Profile
A question for guys and girls...
Posted : 21 Dec, 2008 02:44 PM

Angel,

Well, I wish I were closer to where you are because I would take your hand in mine and lead you right through the door. Leon gives good advice when he said to contact the pastor.

Pray to God about your shyness; that He will help you overcome enough of it to enjoy your Church visit without feeling anxious. You said you don't know much about the Bible. Are you familiar with the Holy Spirit? Ask God to send the Holy Spirit to comfort you during this time and to ease you through the shyness. But above all else, seek Jesus. He does not care how much or how little you know about the Bible - He cares about your soul. He will be the greatest friend you will ever have if you will let Him in your heart.

Do keep us posted on your progress, little sister. And please, feel free to message me anytime if you need a friend.

In Him,

MissJoy

MissJoy

View Profile
Premarital sex
Posted : 21 Dec, 2008 02:33 PM

This has become a gray area for me, the premarital sex issue. A friend once asked me the same question and then followed it with, "what exactly does the Bible constitute as marriage? It is the joining of a man and woman through physical consumation." But if that were the case, then I am afraid lots of men and women out there are "married" without even knowing it. It is sad to me that men and women don't get it when it comes to the physical aspect of relationships. God should be in the center of loving relationship, and if we are consumed with physical desires for someone that we are not married to, then I am not sure the Lord would show favor on that. So, a good rule to live by might be: "When in doubt, do without."

Page : 1 2