Author Thread
Moichepit

View Profile
NO MATTER WHAT COMES OUR WAY...
Posted : 12 Sep, 2014 11:33 PM

I had NEVER been a Psalms person. I just thought of it as a nice book of poems and rambles.

I wanted to get to the grittiest of grits, where the real actions was and to me, that was NOT the Psalms.

I was proven wrong by GOD yesterday at 4am after my regular telecommunication bible study.

Here is what I learned for the benefit/blessing of any Brother and Sister I have who just as I am, is still struggling with many things to come.

Psalm 46 (KJV)

"1God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

2�Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

3�Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

4�There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.

5�God is in the MIDST of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

6�The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

7�The�Lord�of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

8�Come, behold the works of the�Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.

9�He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.

10�Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."

MIDST= the middle or central part or point; A position of proximity to others. a period of time about the middle of a continuing act or condition.

What the verse meant to me is:

No matter if the world is falling apart, being moved from one place to another, corrupted with the lying hearts of Men, spillage of blood, injustice, leading us from what we feel like is our home, identity, loved ones; to finally come to a place of immanent DEATH... we will be led to the end, our beginning.

That MIDST which is the HEART of all calamity is the only one who can control the uncontrollable. ALL road (life or death) leads up to but that one center that has the POWER to hold all things... the great I AM.

Notice that this Psalm identifies The Almighty in both his character:

� The Comforter

� The Avenger

GOD has to allow these things to happen in order to claim what was paid for by blood, sweat, tears and DEATH of our SAVIOR.

It does NOT do us any JUSTICE to pray to God to stop all calamity because it is necessary to redeem all saints, for he had promised us that when we hear rumors of war, it means that the end is coming and to be prepared like the wise virgins, like Noah did for the coming flood.

He is coming to reap fruits, to claim his prize, to judge rightfully.

He did not promise us that we would not be part of the casualties. However he did state that he will;

Raise the fallen first and then the living in HIM.

He states that he does it for our good because if he allowed more time to pass, even us the righteous are prone to fall and get lost.

HE is coming for US!

Blessings!

Moichepit

View Profile
DIVORCE, SELF-DEFENSE & OUR ROLE
Posted : 12 Sep, 2014 10:14 PM

Shalom Brothers & Sisters,

I am going to touch on a subject that just as many of you, I also found confusing or answerless at one point.

Many times I questioned why God had left such a crucial part of our life unanswered. He has an answer for every thing else, why not this one?

Finally, I have learned that the Bible is not contradicting nor does it NOT answer every question. IT DOES, we just have to find it.

A pertinent key for me about reading and understanding the living Word is defining the meanings and using references.

Without further adieu:

1.) DIVORCEMENT:

Most recently a Sister in Christ posted on this Forum the reason why she had to Divorce; due to many things, one of which was Physical Abuse/ Bodily Harm.

I am not siding with her because by the end of the day, the Lord is the only one who knows the heart of all men. He knows what's going on with THAT situation.

However the below link I believe answers most if not all of the questions that one would ask themselves what should be done when the word DIVORCEMENT comes to play.

http://carm.org/what-does-bible-teach-about-divorce�

2.) SELF- DEFENSE:

To avoid being wise in my OWN understanding; I with the help of many research, will hit on the Physical Abuse aspect.

I believe the divorce at the time was to deter MAN from FURTHER HARMING each other... A TYPE of Self Defense.

Matthew 19:8

"Jesus replied, 'Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your HEARTS were HARD. But it was not this way from the beginning.' "

Here are the references for the HARDENED HEARTS:

Isaiah 6:10

"Render the HEARTS of this people INSENSITIVE, Their ears dull, And their eyes dim, Otherwise they might see with their eyes, Hear with their ears, Understand with their hearts, And return and be healed."

John 12:40

"HE has blinded their eyes and HE HARDENED their HEART, so that they would not see with their eyes and perceive with their hearts, and be converted and I heal them."

Exodus 10:20

But the LORD HARDENED Pharaoh's HEART, and he did not let the sons of Israel go.

Psalms 73:7

Their eye bulges from FATNESS; The imaginations of their HEART run riot.

Psalms 119:70

Their HEART is covered with FAT, But I delight in Your law.

So it is safe to say that the HARDENING/FATNESS of the heart stops the word of God from Penetrating I to the HEARTS of man because they chose to not see or hear hence desiring/inviting evil. NOTICE that back then MEN where the only ones allowed to DIVORCE their wives. Also ask yourselves what happens when in the MARRIAGE, one HARDENS their HEART and the other is STILL a believer of the MOST HIGH. The opposite of Holy. Which in turn leads to...

3.) OUR ROLE:

PERSECUTION:�The inflicting/act of suffering,�isolation, harassment, oppressing, killing, imprisonment,�

internment, fear, or pain. Is the systematic mistreatment of an individual or group BY ANOTHER individual or group because of their LIFESTYLE and/or BELIEFS.

An attack on man is an attack on the image of God. At a trivial level, you're messing with sculptures in God's art studio. In God's view of bloodshed, it is not merely a physiological event, but it is an assault on the divine image. Why is murder punishable by death? It says, "For in the image of God made He man."

Not only are we to TAKE CARE of our bodies and the life contained. We have an obligation to PRESERVE the body and life of other people. BUT remember we must be AS or MORE ASTUTE as the evildoers.

The following verses cites an obligation to protect those who are in danger even to preserve the lives of those who are harming themselves:

John�15:18-21

�If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before�it hated�you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because YOU ARE NOT of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore THE WORLD HATES YOU. Remember the word that I said to you... If they�Me, they will also�you..."�

Matthew 10:23

�But when they PERSECUTE you in this city, FLEE to another, for truly I say to you, you will not have finished all the cities of the house of Israel until The Son of Man come.�

Matthew 26:52

"Then Jesus said to him, 'Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the SWORD will PERISH BY the SWORD.' "

1Co�6:19-20

"Or know ye not that your BODY is a TEMPLE of the HOLY SPIRIT which is in you, which ye have from God? and YE are NOT YOUR OWN;�for ye were bought with a price: GLORIFY GOD therefore IN your BODY."

Psalm 82:4�

"RESCUE the WEAK and NEEDY; DELIVER them out of the HAND of the WICKED."

Proverbs 24:11�

"Deliver those who are drawn toward death, And hold back those stumbling to the slaughter."

Ezekiel 33:6�

"But if the WATCHMAN SEES the SWORD coming and DOES NOT blow the trumpet, and the PEOPLE are NOT WARNED, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, HE is taken away in his INIQUITY; but HIS BLOOD I will REQUIRE FROM the WATCHMAN'S hand."

If you know danger is coming to others, and you deliberately fail to warn the others of the danger, you are guilty of harming the victims. This is not to say that you can make people heed your warning. The surrounding verses also say that if the people refuse to heed the warning of the watchmen, the watchman is not guilty if they are harmed.

So Finally my brethrens, what have we learned about DIVORCE, SELF-DEFENSE & OUR ROLE in light of the word of GOD?

And most IMPORTANTLY, how has this reality check changed our aspect on MANY troublesome issues?

Blessings to all :)

Moichepit

View Profile
Posted : 12 Sep, 2014 10:10 PM

...Many times I questioned why God had left such a crucial part of our life unanswered. He has an answer for every thing else, why not this one?...

Come share with me my Sisters on BIBLICAL QUESTIONS AND DISCUSSIONS.

Thank you, Shalom!

Moichepit

View Profile
Posted : 12 Sep, 2014 10:09 PM

...Many times I questioned why God had left such a crucial part of our life unanswered. He has an answer for every thing else, why not this one?...

Come share with me my Brothers on BIBLICAL QUESTIONS AND DISCUSSIONS.

Thank you, Shalom!

Moichepit

View Profile
dating divorced woman
Posted : 12 Sep, 2014 08:40 PM

I also wanted to add that a brother had said something that caught my attention;

"statistics about those who divorce once being more likely to divorce again"

First we have to keep in mind that the statistics are not clear on what type of Marriage is the Successful one. Secular or Christ based.

Secondly, we also have to remember that a FEW learn from their past mistakes (if they were the offender)

And Thirdly, if the divorce e's are "Christians" (notice the quotations), then it is safe to ASSUME that they may NOT really know the Lord.

Moichepit

View Profile
dating divorced woman
Posted : 12 Sep, 2014 07:51 PM

Your welcome Hoosier.

I completely agree with the bible not being specific in the area of abuse in the verses pertaining to Divorcement, however I did by the Grace of God find it in other verses.

I will be posting the link as well as what I have found in this same forum.

Be blessed.

Moichepit

View Profile
dating divorced woman
Posted : 12 Sep, 2014 12:47 AM

Shalom,

This is to me one of the best explanations as far as Divorce goes. It also has many answers to specific reasons one MAY feel like they cannot find in the Bible.

I hope it is a blessing to any one who is still confused.

http://carm.org/what-does-bible-teach-about-divorce

Moichepit

View Profile
Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS!... No, UNCLEAN! :(
Posted : 9 Sep, 2014 08:22 PM

Thank you Hoosier,

I am actually looking up that passage now.

Believe it or not, though the Bible is clear, there are some people who want to fight against it and they call themselves believers. Surely God was right when he said (in my own words) "thou shall not add or take away from my scriptures"

As the saying goes "go get ready to play church" and that's exactly what many are doing.

Be blessed Brother!

Moichepit

View Profile
" WHERE IS YOUR LAMP FACING? "
Posted : 8 Sep, 2014 04:14 AM

Shalom,

Matthew 6:21-23 (NIV)

21�For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

22��The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy,�your whole body will be full of light.�23�But if your eyes are unhealthy,�your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

*Iniquity= premeditated choice

*Sin= go astray, immoral act

The passage and definition above is one of the same.

The EYES are the INIQUITY. When we lock eyes with something that is NOT beneficial to us (lust/out of Marriage, lying, problems, unnecessary items, fear, stealing, distress, people,... ANYTHING) our BODY is going to react (SIN) and gravitate toward that interest/Treasure/Prize.

We are going to want to touch, bite, feel, take matters in to your own hands,smell, taste, impulse buy, seek revenge, rash decisions. Your going to give all you got (HEART) in it.

So therefore my brothers and sisters, if you put your lamp on something ungodly, your body will lead you to your destruction. And the more you go, the harder it will be to get out of. It will consume you until that light dimmers and diminish.

If you put your lamp on God and all he promises, he will light your way, multiply your strength in him, provide all your needs. The closer you get to the light, the more intense it will be. Your body will become a temple for him to reside, you will congregate more, read more, look for him more, be in his righteous path. Surround yourself with God-fearing company.

Be blessed!

Moichepit

View Profile
MY APOLOGIES? !?!
Posted : 7 Sep, 2014 11:10 AM

Shalom,

It has come to my attention (by a wonderful person) that maybe some of you don't understand the ANNOUNCEMENT strategy that I have been posting.

:excited:And come to think of it... I should have shared it with you guys (how irresponsible of me)

Well, here it goes!

*** But why do I leave announcements instead of the actual Post?**

�MY Post is not meant for a specific set, it's for all.

�Announcements in different categories has been successful for me.

�No body goes to the ANNOUNCEMENT section. Maybe a small percentage, but most part people just dive right in without reading any disclaimers these days.

�Why can't I invite my Brothers and Sisters to MERGE together and speak on concerns in one place? Which is why a catchy theme is appealing to get all if possible to participate in that category.

�There are some people who don't know that people post in the other categories (seriously, they don't)

� To avoid having people answer in each forum, which avoids having to go BACK and FORTH to see what the opposite sex responded, which can be a HASSLE. Especially for those who really want to know.

�This is a DATING SITE. Let's be sociable, break the ice somewhere.

� To SHARE stories, concerns or confusion with all, promoting communication.

�To get use to utilizing other forum categories that includes all opinions.

Finally, I hope that you guys understand why I decided to go this route.

I am not trying to harm anyone with discomfort, I just want participants to speak their minds... together.

I apologize to any of you if I have offended.

Be blessed!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10