Author Thread
Tisha_Mc

View Profile
Women in the Church
Posted : 10 Jan, 2009 08:43 PM

We have a female asst. Pastor at our church. She is respected just as much as the Pastor. If for some reason our Pastor were to leave and the asst. Pastor wanted to step up into that possition, nobody would have a problem with it. More than that, they would be happy about it. And I am sooo happy to be a part of a church that thinks that way. It sad that so many women are taught that they are less than man. It's wrong. We are all equal and can have any possition that we strive for.

Tisha_Mc

View Profile
RED SOX!!!!
Posted : 4 Oct, 2008 03:01 AM

:stop:I can't believe that there is not one thread dedicated to the Red Sox. After all the New Englanders that came to Christ in 2004 and with Red Sox fans being the most avid prayers. This is just a travesty. This is the Christian dating site, right? Where are the believers man!!!:rocknroll:

Tisha_Mc

View Profile
Barack
Posted : 4 Oct, 2008 02:04 AM

I would have said the same about McCain. Maybe you should actually look into things rather than waiting to "hear" something. All politicians lie. All bend the truth and all act the part that the Americans want. You want a completely truthful and perfect leader, you're not gonna find him in the mortal relm.

Tisha_Mc

View Profile
The Dark Knight
Posted : 4 Oct, 2008 01:28 AM

I saw it a few weeks ago. I thought it was awesome. I much more prefer it to the first one. My brother and I were talking about it for days.

Tisha_Mc

View Profile
lobola (bride price)
Posted : 3 Oct, 2008 08:48 PM

Dowry is alive and thriving here in the Western world also. Engagement rings. The brides family paying huge amounts for the wedding (in some cultures it's the woman's side that puts up the dowry in order to show that they are a family that you would want to be associated with). Don't knock it just because it's not your way.