Author Thread
Cortezisboaz

View Profile
In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage
Posted : 10 Oct, 2012 03:23 PM

I do not support gay marriage however I see it as a very minor issue comparatively. Companies have given "benefits" to homosexual partners long before the president even spoke on the issue. Giving the states the right to decide is I believe the appropriate response from a president.

What is far far worse?

1) Going to war in Iraq for no logical and certainly no just reason.

results-loss of lives

2)The USA turning its back to the Christians and non Christians in Sudan as they were systemically massacred for nearly a decade.

results- loss of lives

I could go on and on. Why is it that so many are willing to gag at the gnat while swallowing whales?

Lets try to stop Christian divorce rates. Lets try to stop Christian adultery. Lets try to stop corruption in the pulpits. Lets try to stop racism, sexism and xenophobia that have been rampant in this country. Lets try to stop poverty and starvation. Lets try to stop the corporate takeover of the USA from continuing. Lets heal out churches and families so that our country can be stronger.Perhaps then those with sexual abnormalities/Paraphilia can be better addressed. So far it appears that homosexuality has simply grown in the USA. I don't agree with endorsing it nor do I agree with ignoring it. Many Republican politicians and some Democrats have been caught despite claiming Christianity.

Cortezisboaz

View Profile
Self Defense, MMA for Christians?
Posted : 10 Oct, 2012 02:52 PM

Yes of course martial arts are great for Christians to participate in. I enjoy Tai Chi, Muay Thai, and boxing. I enjoy sparing and even competing. The Bible tells us to treat our bodies as his temple. To be fit and strong are huge components to the martial arts.

1Corintians 9:24-27

1Tim 4:8 tells us that there is value in being fit.

Defending ourselves and others have numerous stories in the Bible. Remember Proverbs 25:26 Psalms 144:1

The martial arts teach self control not how to beat people up. However, in a situation in which one finds him/herself without recourse to protect the innocent, the knowledge of how to do so is evident. Most martial artists never have to use their fighting skill outside of a ring/octogon/mat.

I say for anyone considering learning a martial art....Go For It.:peace:

Cortezisboaz

View Profile
Dating verses Relationship
Posted : 10 Oct, 2012 02:26 PM

Doveabove

Thank you dear sister. I however believe you misunderstood my comments about chemistry. I never said that it was more or the most important. I contend that it is very important. In fact this is what I stated:

"A life partner requires real chemistry as well as the tools for relationship building, in addition to having a mutual love of God and desire to do his will. Without those 3 components in balance a relationship is doomed. "

You see, my point has been that it is the 3 components that are very important. Have you not witnessed good christians who were not well suited for each other? I certainly have. I think its best to recognize the importance of chemistry and possessing TOOLS for relationship building such as communication,understanding, temperament, work ethic ect.before taking a step into dating let alone marriage. Christian marriages are failing as much as secular marriages for real reasons. How many pastors and evangelicals have been divorced? Something(s) is wrong. Its in the thinking.

I think a person's heart and spiritual walk are extremely important...crucial for a good christian marriage. However if that is the only or main thing that draws two people together, they are better just being platonic friends in Christ.

Cortezisboaz

View Profile
Posted : 10 Oct, 2012 02:25 PM

Doveabove

Thank you dear sister. I however believe you misunderstood my comments about chemistry. I never said that it was more or the most important. I contend that it is very important. In fact this is what I stated:

"A life partner requires real chemistry as well as the tools for relationship building, in addition to having a mutual love of God and desire to do his will. Without those 3 components in balance a relationship is doomed. "

You see, my point has been that it is the 3 components that are very important. Have you not witnessed good christians who were not well suited for each other? I certainly have. I think its best to recognize the importance of chemistry and possessing TOOLS for relationship building such as communication,understanding, temperament, work ethic ect.before taking a step into dating let alone marriage. Christian marriages are failing as much as secular marriages for real reasons. How many pastors and evangelicals have been divorced? Something(s) is wrong. Its in the thinking.

I think a person's heart and spiritual walk are extremely important...crucial for a good christian marriage. However if that is the only or main thing that draws two people together, they are better just being platonic friends in Christ.

Cortezisboaz

View Profile
Posted : 9 Oct, 2012 08:05 PM

Anything in a profile seems to mean any and all of the choices provided by this site. IT doesn't seem to mean confused simply not focused on using a dating site for TUNNEL vision on making a particular type of connection.

I would say that the number of people who have favorited someone is really out of their control. Anyone can favorite another person without them even knowing it.

Chemistry is very important. A person's heart and walk in Christ is obviously important to Christians but what good does a person who is a good believer have to someone seeking a life partner if there is little or no chemistry between them outside of their mutual desire to love and please God? They should just be friends. A life partner requires real chemistry as well as the tools for relationship building, in addition to having a mutual love of God and desire to do his will. Without those 3 components in balance a relationship is doomed.

Cortezisboaz

View Profile
Date a non-believer/backslider, win him to Jesus, then marry him?
Posted : 9 Oct, 2012 07:34 PM

I believe that dating a non-believer/backslider in of itself could be a form of backsliding. In some cases it is obvious and in others not. Certainly anyone who claims that they are trying to let God's will be done in their lives steps out of that by DATING a non-believer. It is a very slippery slope regardless of vantage point and therefor very inadvisable. What is the reason someone wishes to DATE someone who is not a Christian? Can any of those reasons be truly Godly? If the desire is to minister to someone, the best way to do so is OUTSIDE of a dating relationship to maintain perspective and integrity.

Cortezisboaz

View Profile
What do you do to stay in shape?
Posted : 9 Oct, 2012 07:19 PM

Tai Chi daily, 3 sets of 100 push ups daily, 3 sets of 100 biccycle crunches daily, Kick boxing, swimming and cycling for cadio 3xs per week.

Cortezisboaz

View Profile
Nice guys
Posted : 9 Oct, 2012 07:12 PM

It would appear to me that a woman or a man who refuses to post a profile while actively seeking a partner on a Christian date site could be hiding something and anyone who see's that as a red flag would seem logical in doing so. Even more so if the profile lacks much information and a photo. Anyone can claim to be a "nice guy" or nice woman but if on a DATING site yet refusing to post photos and writing much in their profile, that would appear to indicate some serious issues.

God blessed us with the ability to COMMUNICATE. Communication is a huge key to building healthy, functioning relationships. Someone who fails to communicate from the start by not having much in their profile seems to indicate an inability to communicate or a real laziness at which they intend to seek a partner which generally translates to the same type of inattention to detail, inconsiderateness, laziness of thought and even arrogance on full display.

We are to be Christian ADULTS.....we should demonstrate the intelligence God gave us and utilize the blessing of the skill of communication.

Nice guy who doesn't communicate usually equals bad and failed relationship.

Cortezisboaz

View Profile
Opinions welcome
Posted : 9 Oct, 2012 06:58 PM

Hello, I think this site simply doesn't generate much in terms of responses. Even these forums aren't very lively. I will note that you didn't list many interests in your profile. I believe the original disciples were busy doing God's work in ministry but even some of them seem to enjoy fishing.:glow: Its good to have interests, it allows people to know if there are OTHER things that can be shared.:peace: May you find what you seek.:waving:

Cortezisboaz

View Profile
A WORD FROM GOD TO OUR COUNTRY
Posted : 9 Oct, 2012 06:50 PM

America like the rest of the world needs revival. However you mentioned many inaccuracies in your long posting. Perhaps you'd like to do more fact checking.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5