Author Thread
angela_lee101

View Profile
Successful marriages/relationships
Posted : 6 Jan, 2009 06:40 AM

it really depends on the person...but for me its the little things...saying i love you, flowers, even a hug and kiss...also going to dinner just the two of you and having a nice night out

hope this helps

angie

angela_lee101

View Profile
disability views...
Posted : 17 Nov, 2008 07:22 PM

wow as a girl i totally agree with the last post i wasn't going to post anything but i thought i would say that in my opinion if they have a problem with you then you shouldn't let that become your problem...i know it can be frustration but remember that God loves you and thats all that really matters once you know that everything else will fall into place...it may take a while but it will happen :D

God Bless

Angie

angela_lee101

View Profile
having a guy as a best friend
Posted : 14 Nov, 2008 07:31 AM

Leon...you are entitled to you opinion and if i didn't want it i would have put the question up in the first place...i do agree that you should be friends first before you go into a relationship but not best friends...thats just how i look at it...as for me and him dating we have talked about it but it just wouldn't work...he is like a brother to me...really if i am introducing him to people i usually do it as this is my brother Jamie...what i don't understand is if i was this close with my actual brother no one would ever question in but because he is not biological my brother everyone seems to have a problem...maybe its just me but i don't really see the difference...we have grown up a lot together and we fight just like brother and sister do...

As for the movie harry meets sally...i am not really sure what to think about it maybe at the beginning of our relationship that may be true but not anymore if that was the case then i really do believe that we would not be friends anymore because we would have recked the friendship but we haven't

angela_lee101

View Profile
Posted : 13 Nov, 2008 01:44 PM

thats interesting i guess i really never thought of it like that...but why do guys just expect to be best friends without having to work towards it?

angela_lee101

View Profile
Posted : 7 Nov, 2008 09:45 AM

i totally agree that once i get married or at least find someone that i want to marry and i am in a relationship that is going down the path of marriage that my other half would be my best friend...i was once told that one way to know you are ready for marriage is when your other half knows more about you and you know more about them then your best friend because they are now your best friend...but that kind of relationship does take a long time to build, its not an overnight thing...i guess the thing that i am having a hard time dealing with is that my best friend now is a guy and we are really close and if anything more was going to happen it would have happened already...i think of him like a brother and thats how we act like brother and sister so i don't really get whats wrong...anyway thats my thoughts on it :D

angela_lee101

View Profile
Marriage Material
Posted : 6 Nov, 2008 03:42 PM

well the first thing that they are a Godly man

secondly i would say that what makes a man a man is the ability to lead a relationship without overtaking it...i do think that its a hard thing to grasp but with Gods help anything can be done :D

i personally also like a guy that i can have a good conversation with :P

in past relationships i have found that these things are really important to me...my last relationship was with a Christian guy but he laked the ability to lead the relationship or have a good conversation with me i found it really frustrating because if we had a problem it wasn't really solved and we just kept having the same problem over and over again until it ended our relationship...we also didn't really have any strong Godly things that we did other then going to church we didn't study together or even pray unless we were at church i think that this was a really big issue for us and i wouldn't get into another relationship unless i knew that God was going to be the focus

i still have faith that God has a Man somewhere out there for me and i know that there are really good and Godly men out there to i have two male friends that are strong Godly men and would lead and do lead their relationships properly :D

as for marriage well it is impotent for God to be first but there has to be other things in the relationship as well like having a well rounded relationship that has many parts

the greatest gift a man can give me is time lol i know that sounds corny but its true and the little gifts mean more sometimes then the big ones...if you show me that you love me and that you are thinking about me thats all i can really ask for

i hope this is helpful :D

angela_lee101

View Profile
a temple of the most high GOD or an harlot?
Posted : 5 Nov, 2008 10:05 AM

but that was my reason and others have there own reasons for doing it i would just like to say one thing i dont think that it is the place of people to judge others that is Gods job...so when you see someone dont be to quick to judge them...i am working on that myself...but if God wants something to change in someone He will convict them of it

angela_lee101

View Profile
a temple of the most high GOD or an harlot?
Posted : 5 Nov, 2008 10:01 AM

well i know when i first started going to church i didn't dress the same as i do now...i know that i have changed who i am but not because of anyone else i changed because of me i did used to show more of myself then others at my church and i was comfortable with it...i was comfortable of who i was...part of me did it because i was trying to prove a point that people judge others to much

angela_lee101

View Profile
Posted : 4 Nov, 2008 09:44 AM

my x boyfriend was a Christian and maybe you are right about the jealousy thing...i don't think that it would have bugged as much as it did if my x would have taken more time to get to know my best friend and hung out with everyone together so that he could see that there is nothing going on between us.

angela_lee101

View Profile
Posted : 3 Nov, 2008 03:01 PM

ok so my best friend is a guy and he has been for like 5 years or something like that. he knows everything about me and we are really close. he is like a brother to me...this was a problem with the last guy that i dated had a problem with it and i really didnt understand why...it really bugged me because i took it as him not trusting me...was i wrong to think that and what would you trust your other half if they had a guy as a best friend???