Author Thread
righteousfire

View Profile
loving someone Ive never met in person,am I a fool
Posted : 11 Feb, 2012 12:54 AM

UPDATE: That relatlionship and person I talked about on November 14, 2011, found out that he was a player; I still take responsibility for it because I take responsibility for all that I participate in because 1) God was protecting me and 2) there was growth for me. The Light always reveals the darkness! Amen!

righteousfire

View Profile
Posted : 11 Feb, 2012 12:48 AM

Well said Bridgit!:applause: It amazes me how much self denial, fear and downright arrogance is on this so-called Christian dating site. The Word tells us that God is capable of doing exceedingly more than we can ever ask for and His time is not our time. We read it and say we believe it; then we hurt someone deeply for stepping out in faith on that promise. Why would someone loving you be so "freaky"? Doesn't the bible tell us to love one another; just because you may not have the same feelings; by turning and running and blocking someone that sees something lovable in you could make you miss out on something awesome had you just respected that person and allowed them to feel how they feel; it's a blessing to be loved like that.....who knows, you may just catch up. Very seldom do both feel the same level of committment of love at the same exact time.

righteousfire

View Profile
TIME and PAYING FOR THEIR BEHAVIOR
Posted : 11 Feb, 2012 12:38 AM

First, if you say you're on this site to find a spouse; then why do you make a Christian pay for the behavior and fears created from your last non--saved relationship partner? Also, the issue of time; how slow and how fast do you go? My opinion on this is if a person is not a true Christian which you should be able to discern by the fruit of her/his faith or lack of, it won't take that much time to discover. And if she/he is a true Christian, saved by grace, why is time a factor? None of us are perfect; two imperfect people come together trusting the one perfect God making the most of their time to serve the Lord. My God can do more than I could ever ask or know to ask....so why would I listen to worldy advice on any issue, why would I jeopardize the possibility of a good Christian relationship because of fear or any other emotion of the flesh?

righteousfire

View Profile
Sharing your past...when is the right time?
Posted : 17 Nov, 2011 02:00 PM

So true; intimacy is about trust. It's not the "being on the street at one time" that is the issue, it's where is your true heart now? Is it fruitful, is it focused, is it "in love" with your saviour? I believe it's being in love with Him that truly keeps us on course. For instance, if I were in the world and in love with a man, it would be that love which kept you faithful. The same is true with our walk with Jesus. As he said in Revelation.....I see all you've done, but I have one fault with you, you aren't in love with me. Then take a Christian relationship, where you're in love with the man and with Jesus, a 3-strand cord is not easily broken. To be in a Jesus centered relationship, no matter what is revealed; we should be on our knees thankful that someone trusts and loves us enough to let us see inside. What I have seen on this site, is people not honest about who they really are NOW, in the present. 20 yr old pictures, drinking and smoking issues. I would much rather hear the truth, no matter what it is than to be lied to; it's cowardly. Praying together is a mighty weapon. God bless!

righteousfire

View Profile
Posted : 14 Nov, 2011 09:22 AM

REJECTION: A serious sstronghold used by the evil one to make us "feel" less than what we are. That's why we must ALWAYS turn to the Word, Jesus for our self worth.

1 John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

1 7Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love

Don't give up!! I too fell deeply in love with a man in this site, and he said he loved me. When we met there was a great deal of passion and love; but I had made myself clear about sex outside of marriage. Well, he left and went home. The intensity of this situation got out of hand and things were said and the relationship ended; I take full blame and credit for that. But, if he truly had loved me he would have known my heart and forgiven me. I forgave him for his part in it's end, but he never even talked to me much less forgive me. Everyone on here should realize that a love relationship is difficult at best and Jesus Christ must be at the center for believers; and a long distance internet relationship is even MORE difficult. We must understnad that and seek and give forgiveness for our weakness; but GLORY TO GOD, OUR WEAKNESSES ARE MADE INTO STRENGTH IN JESUS! God bless you all in your search!

righteousfire

View Profile
Posted : 19 Oct, 2011 12:34 PM

Even blind people love....so, no, it's not crazy to love someone we haven't met. If we spend a lot of time with them on the phone, talking for hours on end, you are bound to either 1) fall in love or 2) not fall in love.

The question is this I think; if we fall in love with someone and they fall in love with us, are we quick to forgive if in our walk we stumble. I'm not talking about cheating or extremely serious stuff, but day to day walking it out in the Lord. None of us are perfect, no, not one. We must seek Him every day. I have found that so many seek forgiveness but don't give it. Forgiveness is for us, so that we can grow, so that we become Christ like. I feel sorry for those that hold grudges and bitterness; I wonder how their heart must feel every day. I pray for them.

righteousfire

View Profile
Dealing with desire...
Posted : 19 Oct, 2011 12:13 PM

We are all tempted and fall short of God's glory.

BUT, there is a way

Live intentionally with a great deal of prayer.

Decide how you want to live, how you want to think. Satan knows that if you capture the mind, you capture the person. Jesus himself used scripture to ward off Satan. Get thee behind me!

God bless and you are to be comended for your honesty and courage!

righteousfire

View Profile
GODLY MEN & WOMEN
Posted : 19 Oct, 2011 11:59 AM

Godliness...Christ tells us "be holy for I am holy". It's not that we mess up, BUT we should be running the race, striving for the holiness He says we are created in. ALL I ask for is forgiveness, I give it and hope to receive it.

righteousfire

View Profile
GODLY MEN & WOMEN
Posted : 19 Oct, 2011 11:58 AM

sure

righteousfire

View Profile
GODLY MEN & WOMEN
Posted : 19 Oct, 2011 11:55 AM

Absolutely; that's why the Word tells us to judge by the Word, to seek Godly counsel. I welcome counsel from those that love me and the Lord; sometimes we ourselves can not see what some of our actions are saying to the Body of Believers and the last thing I want is for my testimony to be in question; and please, for the Love of God, tell me if I offend! lest it be cut off!

Page : 1 2 3