Author Thread
WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
Humor in a Relationship...is it important or unwanted
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 08:27 PM

Well I learned a valuable lesson/s Thanks ladies I appreciate the help.

WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
Humor in a Relationship...is it important or unwanted
Posted : 28 Jun, 2009 08:24 PM

Ladies, does humor in a relationship tend to make you withdraw from the guy. I'm speaking about the guy being able to laugh, making you laugh, and little sarcastic (playful) remarks about you, or with you. Please help me here.

David

WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
Question for guys from a guy
Posted : 28 Jun, 2009 08:07 PM

Although Not responding at all is totally disrespectful and discourteous to the individual and somewhat cruel. It is a reality of sites like this one. It's a down side of this type of venue. For some, it's much easier to ingnore a persons EM thinking it won't make any difference. The other side of the coin is that answering with the phrase of "I don't think we'd make a good match" is equally disenheartening. That's just another way of saying I don't want to talk to you and it's put in a veil of politeness and respect. I personally would rather say "I don't care to talk with you or I decline your invitaion to chat" at least to me that's putting the cards on the table with a little more honesty. How can you say "I don't think we'd make a good match" when you don't even know the person. However since you have been hurt before I would suggest this. If your EM's are not answered in a reasonable amount of time (say maybe 3 days)you can probably assume that it will not get answered. By the way I'd have to confess I have had it done to me and sad to say I've do it to others.

Go In Peace David

WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
What Quality Do You First Seek In A Woman?
Posted : 28 Jun, 2009 06:54 PM

For me I would have to say her sense of humor. If you can't laugh at yourself than you're already half dead. Probably the next would be her sensitivity to other people. David

WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
Hey fellas
Posted : 28 Jun, 2009 05:32 PM

Because if we do smile, the little bit of brains that we do have will slip between the teeth. Believe me it ain't pretty. David

WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
where can we meet?
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 07:09 PM

Hey Seuss,

If there is programs for divorced, older, or other situations/prople in the church and not for signles; consider starting one in the church yourself. Take the initiative. Not meant to be critical just a suggestion. David

WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
Women making first contact!
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 11:59 PM

BeautifulD,

I myself have no problem with a woman making first contact. After all, the vast majority of us (men & women) are here to find that special friend or prospective partner. Why should it matter who takes the initiative. The goal is virtually the same. Think of it like this. You've reached out and made simultaneous "first contacts" by posting this question. I as the recipient of that have the choice as to whether I'll respond to it or not. The same is true if I were contacting you. If I don't reply simply because you made the first move, then I'm missing out on an major opportunity to make a potential new friend. Bottom line, don't worry about it because those that think it is innapropriate are the ones that will never make it to your list of contacts. Can make it a lot easier to "thin out the herd" metaphorically speaking. Hope this was of help. David

WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
Am I too old to ever find love and start a family?
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 06:36 PM

Angelgirl

It's never to late to start a family. Simply because it has nothing to do with age. Oh men and women have this innate desire to leave a piece of themselves behind in the form of offspring. However many of us (myself included)never realize that we are asked to be parents everyday of our life. To be a Parent is not just taking care of a child which you have given birth to. Parenting is a choice and a way of life. The Father calls us His children. Parenting is a good analogy to the human side of unconditional love. Even after the kids have spit at you, have bitten you, and screamed their heads off for hours at a time. The parent still loves them. Maybe would like to get rid of them at times but still loves them. In a world that literally millions of kids that can only dream of being loved by a mother or mother/father

Angelgirl, I would say this; don't sweat the small stuff. You are a parent to all people even if it's just by example. For a smile given and a smile returned is a parental gift by the Father of us all.

David.

WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
"FAT" girls?
Posted : 14 Jun, 2009 12:38 PM

Pro, I won't try to give you one of those "feel good" statments like: "it's what's on the inside that counts", so bear with me as I try to give you an honest response from a this 'ole guy. Both sides of the gender track are attracted to another by a fixed image or perception of a woman/guy. Unfortunately, many times it's not very realistic at times but the brain of the individual follows a standard or rule of thumb for what he/s is looking for. It can be subconscious or right there on the surface, buts it's there. Now solely based on what you wrote ( and I'm not being judgemental of you) you remarked that you see "good looking guys with chunky girls". You could have just said guys with chunky girls. But you, as all of us have a distinct perception of what you're looking for. That preference includes self. We are all influenced by other people. That's a given. But think about this: If you see me in a restaurant from across the room and you think I'm a "good-looking guy" and as I turn to leave you see that my left side of my face is deformed due to an accident will you think of me a little different than your initial observation? Most likely yes...as would most others. You are a confident woman because you have said it. You're dealing with a very difficult issue that I can't really understand. Don't fall into the trap of conforming into something that someone else wants you to be (which can be both guys and gals) Be what you are most comfortable being. Appearance DOES make a difference. Bottome line, it doesn't make a darn bit of difference what I think. It only matters what you think. Because ultinmately it is you who decides that you are beautiful or not. Just as there are guys that like slender woman there are guys that like larger framed woman. I don't know if this will be of any help. Hopefully it will. I speak from an appearance issue myself, but mine is not readily visible. Be what you are and not what I would like you to be. Sorry to be long-winded. I will keep you in my prayers and ask the good lord to help open ALL of our eyes to see the goodness and beauty of all things at all times. David

WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
Baggage
Posted : 7 Jun, 2009 06:41 PM

I think you answer is in your question i.e. "Baggage". It is such a vague word that even us guys really don't know its' specifics. It will probably mean as many things as there are guys. It could mean anything from cracked nails to alien abductions. Personally I believe us 'guys' are trying to say in our own subtle way: "please don't complicate my life". It may be subconcious or it may be deliberate but it's there. I can recall myself saying it on occassion, and thinking back, I really had no concrete idea of waht I was talking about. Best thing to do is to pose/confront the individual who expresses such a remark to explain or clarify what they mean just as you have done here. Hope this shed a little light or at least replaced the batteries in the flashlight. God Bless. David

Page : 1 2 3