Author Thread
Julia

View Profile
Something Wrong With My Profile?
Posted : 26 Dec, 2011 10:44 AM

nothing is wrong with your profile, but I do perfer a pic with less going on behind and around the person. I want to tell you this, most decent respectable women of all ages usually will not be the first to write anyone.

Most women think the guy should make the first move, so on dating site the first move would be a message from the guy to the gal. And please do not use the winks, they are cheesey and says I don't think you are worth the time it takes to come up with my own words to send to you. Do searches around your area, see what you find, then narrow down to who you feel led, write a few and see what happens.

Julia

View Profile
CHEMISTRY: Are those who are using this term leading you away from God?
Posted : 29 Oct, 2011 05:26 AM

I have always thought so called chemistry is really humans following what they already know, repeating their past, over and over, not taking the time to let the Lord heal where they have been in their past, and we find our human side feels something around people because of lust and habit. Lust is a trick on our emotions straight from the pit of hell, habits are something we need to break through Jesus and only Jesus, we are single because really He placed us right where we are, so take your time, learn to listen to Jesus, stay in the Word and let total healing take place so He can move you to the next place in your life.

Julia

View Profile
Is it bad luck?
Posted : 17 May, 2011 04:11 PM

Not bad luck, but sometimes woman need to take a break from dating, find out what is important to and about herself. Go out.......but with friends, female and male, group events are best, get to know who you are, what are you worth, what is not a big deal and what is a VERY big deal. As in underwear in the floor, toilet seat up, spending money, on time or not, relationships with family, weight out all of those and more issues. Now once you get there, let the guys work a little, just because someone ask you out on a date, you don't have to jump at it. Make them work a little, man were created as conquerors, to overcome in battles, it is for the best, anytime a woman is to easy to have if even just for date, somehow she not worth having in a young man's eyes and heart. Take your time, live life to the fullest, and be fulled with His joy at all times and seasons!

Julia

View Profile
Long Distance
Posted : 8 May, 2011 08:04 AM

theatergirl263

I suggest no more than 2 hours, why you may ask? for a few reasons:

#1 most relationships to be a true relationship need time and history. Spending time in the real world. Emailing, IM's and phones calls with people you have never met is not the best way to get to know the real person, let�s face it people can be anyone online.

#2 men and women are different, nothing wrong with that, God made us that way. Men being more visual, less emotional, not the say they don't have emotions, but (mature healthy) men are much better at balancing their emotions or sectionalize each part of their lives while weighting all things considered before they enter into a total relationship. Women on the other hand are more verbal, women can have a relationship of just expressed in spoken words; oral rather relating to how they feel, think or sharing, consisting of words. The word warns us to guard our hearts, so guard what you share, how much time you share, and who with.

#3 realizes that most online relationships do not lead up to marriage, and if so, every few last, because it all comes down to: relationships take work and having a made up mind. If the relationship comes easy, it is just as easy to move on to another relationship. Not to say relationships can come seem effortless by every relationship there comes a time that both parties much decide to work at it. In short anyone who uses the words I love you without putting in much time and effort, that is not real lasting love, but the 'Ooie Gooey' part of beginning of a relationship, not the lasting type, so remember as fast as love comes, the faster it can leave.

#4 if we use the Word as examples, Boaz found Ruth working, Abraham's servant through prayer, decrement and a sign from God above found Rebekah working, Joseph through prayer, a dream and decrement found Mary with a pure heart. In short, men are not going to move to you, you will take up life with him that is God's plan. Real men have goals and plans, no goals and plans; they are going nowhere, again just how God made men. Not to say God can't change men plans, but it has to be God, not for the love of someone, I don�t think there is one example of God moving a man for a woman.

#5 find joy in the here and now! Get out there, enjoy your life, where ever we are you should be able to find joy in Him, find people to bless, there is always someone to bless. Spend time with elders that are lonely, may need a friend, go read to elders in nursing homes, go bless a widow who has few visitors, once we look past ourselves but how we can bless others He will supply the rest!

Julia

View Profile
create an events page
Posted : 8 May, 2011 05:46 AM

there needs to be a events page or at the very least a chat forum page for events

Julia

View Profile
Strong women intimidate men?
Posted : 6 May, 2011 06:00 AM

STRONG

1: having or marked by great physical power

2: having moral or intellectual power

3: having great resources (as of wealth or talent)

4: of a specified number

5a : striking or superior of its kind

b : effective or efficient especially in a specified direction

6: forceful, cogent

7: not mild or weak : extreme, intense: as a : rich in some active agent b of a color : high in chroma c : ionizing freely in solution d : magnifying by refracting greatly

8obsolete : flagrant

9: moving with rapidity or force

10: ardent, zealous

11a : not easily injured or disturbed : solid b : not easily subdued or taken

12: well established : firm

13: not easily upset or nauseated

14: having an offensive or intense odor or flavor : rank

15: tending to steady or higher prices

16: of, relating to, or being a verb that is inflected by a change in the root vowel (as strive, strove, striven) rather than by regular affixation

understanding strong helps, as my dad told me a few years ago, women are so much stronger than men, just takes men a while to understand that, some men never understand, as he added now don't get the big head or anything he was talking about women not getting upset, troubled mentally or emotionally, or disturbed & losing our poise during times of great stress. I understand not all women have this ability, due to my upbringing I can truthful say I am strong woman and there is nothing wrong with it, if I didn't know who I am I am sure satan would have brought me down from serving my Lord long ago. If you don't know where or what you believe in you will surely fall for anything. So having moral or intellectual power, having great resources, effective or efficient especially in a specified direction, not mild or weak, extreme, intense, rich in some active agent, not easily injured or disturbed, solid, not easily subdued or taken, well established, firm, not easily upset or nauseated, that is me in a nutshell. Not by might but by my spirit says the Lord. A strong woman in the Lord knows there is nothing wrong with having your beliefs, and is able to share that with others, doesn't mean to beat other over the head with it, not meek and mild but she also knows when I shut and pray about all things. Does that mean I wish to force a man into giving me my way, NO WAY, that is not of the Lord, that is what prayer is for, let Him be God, fast and pray when needed, shut up, get on your heart knees and let Him do the changing, (usually you will be changed) He has our back no matter what. Can I tell someone where I want to eat? yep Can I tell someone what I believe? yep Can I dig a ditch? yep Can I take apart the sump pump while running the wet vac to remove a gravel? yep or make a decision on what do to about something major? yep.....not to big on setting back and letting someone else lead me around, nothing wrong with finding my voice, being able to tell someone else what I think, while also realizing others may not see it how I do, but I do know how to discuss it, come to a balanced decision for both, through Him

Julia

View Profile
GET TOGETHER LOUISVILLE KY
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 10:20 AM

CDFF GET TOGETHER JULY 16-18 LOUISVILLE KENTUCKY

There is getting together July 16-18 in Louisville Kentucky, open to everyone that is in good standing with CDFF. Come out meet and make new friends. Plans for the weekend have not been comfirmed, as of now, Friday evening we will be having a meet and greet, followed by a small Bible study. Saturday morning, afternoon, and evening is open, and Sunday morning we will be worshipping together at a local church. Do as much or as little with the group as you feel comfortable.

There is a room block at Crowne Plaza Hotel LOUISVILLE-ARPT KY EXPO CTR . 830 PHILLIPS LANE LOUISVILLE, KY 40209 Hotel Front Desk: 502-367-2251 , the rooms are $149.00 per room for Friday and Saturday night, or around $80 per person per night, if you have a room mate. If you want that price please call 502-3672251, ask for the room block for CDFF to receive that price. They also have pick/drop off at Louisville airport, but there is members of CFDD willing to pick up anyone also, please email me. www.crowneplaza.com

As I find things to do for the weekend I will post them, here is some now.

Six Flags

bowling

VONFIRE FEATURED EXHIBITION: Melting the Cultural Fringe: an Exploration in Glass of Contemporary (Sub)Culture

Start: 06/04/2010 - 10:00 am

End: 07/31/2010 - 5:00 pm

Address: 815 W. Market Street

City: Louisville

State: Kentucky

Phone: 502-992-3056

Neo Soul Jazz Saturdays

WhenSat, July 17, 2010, 8pm � Sun, July 18, 2010, 12am

WhereJazzyblu @ 815 West Market St. Louisville, Ky

DescriptionMaestro J hosts his Neo Soul Saturdays featuring a different artist each week. You'll find performers such as Truvibe, Adrianne Archie, Keke Wyatt, JD Green, Black, Odeen Mays, 4u, & more...

Speed Art Museum

Established in 1927, the Speed Art Museum is Kentucky�s oldest and largest art museum with over 13,000 pieces in its permanent collection. Its extensive collection spans 6,000 years, ranging from ancient Egyptian to contemporary art.

HISTORY IS HAPPENING! Frazier International History

Come face to face with some of the people and stories that changed the world forever! The Museum brings history to life everyday through live interpretations by costumed interpreters, multimedia presentations, educational programming and hands-on learning. Covering 1,000 years of history, our priceless collection is housed in a 100,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility on downtown Louisville�s historic West Main Street. Our vision is for every visitor to leave with a broader knowledge of history, a greater respect for the human spirit. History comes alive at The Frazier International History Museum in Louisville, Kentucky in our 100,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art museum encompassing three floors. Here you can relive historical events that challenged our ancestors. Here you can meet heroes, generals, and famous leaders of America and the world whose military victories � and defeats � changed history.

Group price is $7.50 per person if we book a week ahead.

Plans for all actives held during the weekend have not be

confirmed, but all are welcome to do as much or as little as you wish during the weekend. All rooms, events and cover cost are your responsibility.

People who have confirmed coming:

Lynnetta7

Babyblues

Julia

socalifgirl

angelgrl2

amnewton*

vzlana

marie99999

Jane Doe (marie9999's friend)

mamaeagle

TheSarge

Brianlb

Vicillinois

Christiandaddy

b00b00

Roger1976

* denotes looking for a roomie for the weekend

praying about the funds for weekend:

tallprincess

along with many maybes

if you have any questions drop by the over 40 chat room

Julia

View Profile
GET TOGETHER IN LOUISVILLE KY
Posted : 2 Jan, 2010 03:45 PM

There is getting together July 16-18 in Louisville Kentucky, open to everyone that is in good standing with CDFF. Come out meet and make new friends. Plans for the weekend have not been comfirmed, as of now, Friday evening we will be having a meet and greet, followed by a small Bible study. Saturday evening we will be going to the Fest on the river, and Sunday morning we will be worshipping together at a local church. Do as much or as little with the group as you feel comfortable.

There is a room block at Courtyard by Marriott Louisville

Downtown, Louisville, the rooms are $250.36 per room for Friday and Saturday night, or $125.36 per person. A free breakfast for Saturday and Sunday morning, two breakfast per room. If you want a room, call 502-562-0200, ask for the room block for CDFF to receive that price.

confirmed, but all are welcome to do as much or as little as you wish during the weekend. All rooms, events and cover cost are your responsibility.

Lynnetta7

Babyblues

panionurse

Julia

socalifgirl

angelgrl2

amnewton*

vzlana

marie99999

Jane Doe (marie9999's friend)

TheSarge

Brianb

Vicillinois

Christiandaddy

b00b00

along with many maybes

Julia

View Profile
CDFF GET TOGETHER JULY 16-18 LOUISVILLE KY
Posted : 21 Dec, 2009 08:28 AM

There is getting together July 16-18 in Louisville Kentucky, open to everyone that is in good standing with CDFF. Come out meet and make new friends. Plans for the weekend have not been comfirmed, as of now, Friday evening we will be having a meet and greet, followed by a small Bible study. Saturday evening we will be going to the Fest on the river, and Sunday morning we will be worshipping together at a local church. Do as much or as little with the group as you feel comfortable.

Downtown, Louisville, the rooms are $250.36 per room for Friday and Saturday night, or $125.36 per person. A free breakfast for Saturday and Sunday morning, two breakfast per room. If you want a room, call 502-562-0200, ask for the room block for CDFF to receive that price.

Lynnetta7

Babyblues

panionurse

Julia

socalifgirl

angelgrl2

amnewton*

TheSarge

Brianb

Vicillinois

Christiandaddy

b00b00

along with many maybes

there will be pick at the airport if need be

Julia

View Profile
CDFF GET TOGETHER JULY 16-18 LOUISVILLE KY
Posted : 21 Dec, 2009 08:26 AM

Lynnetta7

Babyblues

panionurse

Julia

socalifgirl

angelgrl2

amnewton*

TheSarge

Brianb

Vicillinois

Christiandaddy