Author Thread
DontHitThatMark

View Profile
"EMNGS" (Extreme Mr. Nice Guy Syndrome)
Posted : 4 Jul, 2009 09:45 PM

I have a story that's been bothering me...it's all about a little thing I like to call "EMNGS"(Yes, I had to throw an acronym in here...it stands for "Extreme Mr. Nice Guy Syndrome" if you were wondering). So...here's a Mr. Nice Guy...great with kids, strong, mildly attractive in his own way, responsible, smart/intelligent, cooks a little, principled/good morals, does dishes, doesn't get angry, never hits girls(...or anyone for that matter...and nobody hits him...he's too nice), funny/witty/goofy=not afraid to embarrass himself to get a laugh, good listener(sometimes), commitment orientated, kind/sweet, likes to clean, brave, adventurous, EXTREMELY modest...anyway, he's a good guy and will probably be sainted for his patience. This Mr. Nice Guy in particular is maybe just a little too nice...and also, he doesn't really think he's exactly "prime" material(even though he probably is compared to some of whats out there)...here's a "prime" example. So, Mr. Nice Guy(or "MNG") finds a Ms. Nice Girl(conflicting acronyms here so...moving on). They hit it off right away...she's kinda not too interested "in that way" because he doesn't "seem" too interested, and plus he's kind of a jerk(in the best way possible...he's just trying to be funny...and doing a pretty good job). So they see each other random places for awhile. Run into each other at stores and church stuff. Become friends. Little does she know that he was, of course, infatuated the first time he saw/made her laugh and realized he wouldn't be able to get enough of it. So after awhile, he(MNG) finally musters up the courage to ask her(...MNG) out to dinner. She is slightly surprised, but says "yes" after giving him a little bit of a hard time. He, of course, almost passes out because he wasn't expecting her to accept...but he pulls himself together and manages to walk away without running into anything stationary...much(he does a couple just to hear her giggle). So, the big night approaches...he takes her to a nice quaint, quiet restaurant(or at least it was before they got there). They have a great time......choking on food...embarrassing themselves...just sharing life. He takes her home, they agree to do it again at a later date(no pun intended), and he proceeds to give her a nice, big, juicy, passionate handshake "good night"(c'mon...it is the first date...and remember...he's not just "EMNGS"...he's Conservative Christian "EMNGS"..."CCEMNGS"). So this goes on for quite awhile...during which time he has had his first date, holds a girl's hand for the first time, gives her his "first kiss", his first "I love you"(to a non-related female), his first serious relationship....first relationship period...in other words...he starts to think she's amazing...he starts to care. Here's where EMNGS really kicks in...he starts to want whats best for her...and realizes that maybe he isn't. He starts to think..."How arrogant is someone when they think they are what is best for someone else "for as long as they both shall live"? How does this person know that they aren't keeping this other person from something better??" So he gets a "little" depressed, because he doesn't see how he can take this any further without a guilty conscience...and he really kinda wants to...a lot...but he can't...he has chronic EMNGS. So he tears himself apart. Is there a pill for this?? Anyway...here's the twist...none of this actually happened! Wow, I know! You didn't see that coming! This MNG is perty "special":ribbit:...he has a uncanny ability/curse to see/imagine this coming! He meets a girl, they hang out a little, he starts to like her and starts to imagine where this might possibly go. He lives through the first date, first kiss, etc. in his own mind...finds out he's going to end up in that horrible place, and skips the whole thing to save them both the pain(and that's a lot of pain...believe me)! So basically...he thinks he can see whats coming, so...because he's an EMNG, he spares them both the "terrible" experience and starts slowly ignoring her before anything starts...for their own good, right? How pathetic is that? Anyway...here's the real twist! This guy is me! Wow, I know right?! Who's surprised?? I am!! THIS SUCKS!!

--------------------------

:stop:HEEELP!!!:stop:

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Why do women on here not usually write the guy first?
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 09:14 AM

When you see someone in person there is usually a lot of eye contact/body language that goes on...that's what tells me when a girl is interested. Online...is a bit different. When I see that a girl has viewed my profile it doesn't give me any confidence that she is interested at all, and doesn't give me much to go on...so when you say you want guys to lead, I don't know about other guys...but I need to know you're at least interested in wanting me to, otherwise I just feel pushy...and I'm not. A good leader isn't pushy, right? HELP!

:peace: Markus

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Just say hello
Posted : 27 Feb, 2009 11:18 AM

Well...I've tried saying "hello" a few times...doesn't seem to work...just get ignored most of the time, so I haven't been sending as many as I'd like...apparent rejection is an ugly thing for some guys, at least for me anyway. In person you can tell almost just by looking at someone if they're interested at all, but not here. It's more like sticking your neck out with an 80% chance to get it sliced off. It'd be AWESOME, if people would just say "sorry, you're not my type"....just something, anything. The silence is worse. Maybe it's just me...

:peace:

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
Are there any REAL men left out there???
Posted : 22 Feb, 2009 10:11 AM

Ha! ...anyway, before the last line is cut...just a little christian to christian...don't you think it's kinda dangerous to be so unwilling to change? Paul thought he was doing pretty good while he was goin' around killing Christians. He got a little surprise. All I'm saying is...when you reject everything just because it's not what your particular brand of religion teaches without even checking it out...not cool. Don't know if you checked it out or not...just saying. Anyway...I get the feeling I'm talking to a wall, which is probably one I built myself...sorry. Had a slightly open ear and I blew it...don't kill me...I just feel bad for turning you off to what I believe is the truth(apparently I'm insane though:winksmile:).

:peace::peace::peace::prayingm::waving:

Page : 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310