Author Thread
beulah707

View Profile
Soon And Very Soon !!!
Posted : 1 Jan, 2014 04:47 AM

I'm planning to go to Yom Kippur/Sukkot 2014! =) L-rd willing! There's a blood moon on Sukkot and I can't miss it!!! =))

beulah707

View Profile
613 commandments�.
Posted : 1 Jan, 2014 04:43 AM

that's wonderful sister! i'm encouraged seeing jews still continuing being a jew despite their acceptance of Y-shua. who could best minister to the jews but a jew himself/herself. 1 Cor 9:20. i would love to do the same, so i myself would understand the beauty of the L-rd's commandments =) happy new year! G-d bless you!

beulah707

View Profile
Soon And Very Soon !!!
Posted : 29 Dec, 2013 08:29 AM

I'm excited as well! Y-shua will be back soon. =) I hope I will be in Yerushalayim when that happens! =) blessed by you both! =)

beulah707

View Profile
Wives, likewise, be submissive
Posted : 29 Dec, 2013 08:19 AM

You have very beautiful posts =) God bless you!

beulah707

View Profile
This is to open up discussion�
Posted : 29 Dec, 2013 08:19 AM

Wow what a beautiful Christmas surprise! Praise the Lord most high! =)

beulah707

View Profile
Focus on the truth!
Posted : 29 Dec, 2013 08:14 AM

Jesus *said to him, �I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. (John 14:6)

Sometimes, we as human beings, we tend to focus so much on finding the truth. We often forget to live. At the end of the day, we can just summarize what the Lord really commanded us to do: to love God will all our heart, mind, soul and strength, and to love our neighbor as we love ourselves. From these 2 commandments spring forth all the other commandments. The search for truth is a noble cause. But the search for understanding and the search for God's heart is far greater than that.

beulah707

View Profile
Lower the odds of divorce!
Posted : 29 Dec, 2013 08:03 AM

I remember going to a special message for singles, and the pastor said that we need to be happily single before we can be happily married. Looking at married couples now, I could truly see that it "he who finds a wife finds favor in the Lord." because, (1) it is really a difficult calling, praise God for those who remain married (2) it takes constant surrender to the Lord (3) even if we are already Christians, we don't automatically come to a point where we really understand forgiveness. I completely believe that it takes 2 forgivers to make a relationship work. Because nobody is perfect. Nice thread, though, brother!

beulah707

View Profile
Filipina Only Date a Foreigner
Posted : 15 Dec, 2013 06:48 AM

That, too. :p haha! Filipinas want to marry foreigners because Filipino men want the Caucasian / Spanish / Chinese looking ones. :p For once, we also want to feel beautiful. HAHAHAHA! =)) and if the foreigners can make us feel that way, then it's win-win. The Filipina can get beautiful children, too! :p

beulah707

View Profile
Entertainment Addictions, The Adulterous Generation
Posted : 15 Dec, 2013 06:43 AM

I totally agree. Take for example, Alcoholics Anonymous. A person will never get out of his addiction to alcohol UNLESS he believes he's an addict.

The problem of our generation is we view our addiction as a reward, not a disease, i.e. if I finish my homework, I will give myself 2 hours of Facebook and Youtube time, only to find out I was online for the rest of the night.

Another problem with addiction is it's pleasurable. I recall in one of the podcasts that I listened to by Ravi Zacharias where he said, the pain is not the real problem, but it's pleasure. Our generation is not built to put boundaries around our pleasures, but to seek it.

But as it says in Ecclesiastes, running after pleasures is like chasing after the wind. One way or another, a pleasure-seeking person will understand the consequences of his choices, and until it hurts, he will not turn back. Unless, of course, he learned that giving careful thought to his ways is actually very wise. By doing so, he doesn't need to get to the point of pain, but is free to move forward. And this requires humility. =)

P.S. all addictions have a root cause. a workaholic man is probably trying to escape a contentious wife. if the workaholic man gets too stressed, he can get a bottle of beer or two, or a stick of cigarette, and he learns that beer and cigarette brings comfort to workaholic stress. eventually, everything builds up. so in reality, what the addicts really need is our compassion. they lack something important, that's why they would rather get into "cheaper thrills". and more often than not, it's love that they lack.

beulah707

View Profile
Filipina Only Date a Foreigner
Posted : 15 Dec, 2013 06:21 AM

Hi Pete, I'm Filipina, too. I guess that depends on the woman? Like a lot of my friends who only date foreigners for the reason that they didn't grow up in the Philippines. And they belong to the top 10% of the economic pyramid. so, it's not safe to assume that they are after the foreigner's money.

Culturally speaking, women are powerful in my country. if you look at marriages where both are filipinos, chances are, the woman has a strong, if not, stronger voice. this is because our culture is generally non-confrontational, and we laugh everything off. issues don't usually get resolved because our culture dictates that we shouldn't confront. so the men remain silent. sometimes, for a woman, this is quite frustrating.

but you know, funny as this may sound, we women are built to submit, though sometimes we choose not to. so it's kinda we're looking for a person from a "stronger" culture so we can truly rest as a woman in a relationship. you see, a non-submissive woman is always tired in a relationship setting. a submissive one, however, is reaping the benefits of God's design for a relationship. so yes, speaking from experience, as i had a persian boyfriend, it is different (waaaaay better) compared to being with a filipino. no offense to my fellow country men. you guys make the best of friends ever, but for me, and for my close circle of friends, maybe not as a marriage partner. I have yet to meet a filipino man who is not afraid to confront.

Page : 1 2