Author Thread
Praisebassist8706

View Profile
To shave or not to shave...that is the question!
Posted : 5 Oct, 2010 10:30 PM

Since our cultural perception of grooming dictates that women shouldn't be "hairy", since we associate that trait with men, I would use it as an indication of how much emphasis a woman puts on hygiene and grooming. The same as I consider women's body size (individually according to build, of course) an indication of how much emphasis she puts on exercise and self-discipline to keep her figure in shape. Some people knock me for that, but hey, I work out and so can you lol.

Praisebassist8706

View Profile
NEEDY WOMEN?
Posted : 5 Oct, 2010 10:21 PM

Guys like a girl who is EXCITED to be around them or enjoys their company quite a bit. They also like a woman who is interested in what they have to say as well.

What guys DON'T like is a girl who tries to envelope their entire life, can't go a single day without calling him, and makes everything like a freakin routine (flipping out when we cant do "movie night" or w/e). Space is important for anyone and nobody likes to feel like their life is being owned by someone else. Sounds cliche, but until you guys are together in person, treat your bf/gf like a friend...would you flip out because your best friend didnt call you at precisely 8pm every night? lol

Save the excitement and such for when you get together! Don't use all that nervous energy to push someone away.

Praisebassist8706

View Profile
Ego Struggle?
Posted : 9 Nov, 2009 11:08 PM

As horribly awful as this sounds...being a salesman I see parallels in selling a product to a walk-in customer and pursuing a woman....

- They both come into the situation, or are brought into the situation, in a guarded state. They don't know you from Adam and are typically wary of your intentions. Gaining their trust is what you are after here, they have to know that they can relax around you.

- Keep the conversation rolling! Dead air and pauses rarely mean things are going well. It's better to run out of time than run out of topics.Throwing in a little comedy helps, but don't focus solely on that, and make sure its in good taste.

- Relax and don't act suspicious. Put yourself in their shoes...nobody likes to feel like they are being lied to, so try not to come off that way. The easiest way to do that is just relax and don't stress about what shes thinking.

Praisebassist8706

View Profile
Ego Struggle?
Posted : 17 Sep, 2009 04:07 PM

I hear ya brother =)

I do think Hollywood is partly to blame...generally people associate love and romance with going against their better judgment and throwing caution to the wind to "follow their heart"...but the bible tells us that "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9). If we are "following our heart" instead of following Christ or God's will for us, it can only end in despair and sin.

Praisebassist8706

View Profile
Longing Vs. God
Posted : 15 Sep, 2009 01:00 AM

Well God DID say that it was not good for man to be alone, and though Adam was in the constant presence of God he still felt loneliness and longed for a mate. There has been some debate amongst men as to whether this was Adam's physical or emotional longing for a mate...but for now let's just say it was the emotional longing =)

I don't think the "gift of singleness" entitles one to have no sexual or emotional connection desires...but rather the ability to look past or find no need for satisfaction from a mate, but rather that they have devoted themselves fully to God's service (also...emphasis on SERVICE, having the "gift of singleness" because you like to party or are hard to get along with isn't what we're talking about here lol).

God knows that his will is what is best for us if we choose to obey, and that's what we need to focus on...his will. If you have the "gift of singleness" I'm pretty sure you know it.

Praisebassist8706

View Profile
REJECTION - IS IT BECAUSE
Posted : 15 Sep, 2009 12:48 AM

This happens to everyone...don't feel like its just you

typically people just forget to check on this site or lose interest or dont want to continue with it so they dont bother responding...instead they just cut off all connection so they dont think about coming back.

Praisebassist8706

View Profile
Too Pretty
Posted : 15 Sep, 2009 12:44 AM

I think the "too pretty" issue stems from men who have been cheated on (a number of women feel the same way) and are afraid of someone who will run around on them or be in search of the BBD (Bigger, Better Deal).

I'll be completely honest when I say that MANY women I meet (Christian and non alike) can be very random and fickle in their decision-making concerning men...and the more attractive they are, the more risk you run of them deciding to break up with you because someone else came along. Now we obviously cannot put ALL women or men into a group and say that they all do this, but im just explaining where this fear likely stems from.

The girl who is "too pretty" probably already knows it, because she more than likely had a lot of dates or guys interested in her in high school/college. Therefore, most of these girls can't help but look at some guys and go "Ehh, I could do better than him" when things get rough or she gets bored. The other thing is most guys that have dated girls like this have found that many with this attitude have a sense of entitlement and narcissism. Guys want a woman who enjoys and APPRECIATES when they treat them special...not those who demand it or talk about it constantly in their profile (example - "I want a guy who treats me special and does things for me to make me feel like im a amazing").

Again, this is not applying to every woman, but many guys have that perception of women that are very attractive. Lots of guys have taken to Jimmy Soul's philosophy on women...put into a hit song from the 60's....

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If You Want To Be Happy (for The Rest Of Your Life) lyrics

If you wanna be happy

For the rest of your life,

Never make a pretty woman your wife,

So from my personal point of view,

Get an ugly girl to marry you.

A pretty woman makes her husband look small

And very often causes his downfall.

As soon as he marries her

Then she starts to do

The things that will break his heart.

But if you make an ugly woman your wife,

You'll be happy for the rest of your life,

An ugly woman cooks her meals on time,

She'll always give you peace of mind.

Don't let your friends say

You have no taste,

Go ahead and marry anyway,

Though her face is ugly,

Her eyes don't match,

Take it from me she's a better catch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Praisebassist8706

View Profile
A question on friendships
Posted : 15 Sep, 2009 12:10 AM

Well most Christian guys are so happy to find a nice, decent woman that most of them want to pursue a dating relationship with her before somebody else snatches her up! lol

Just be honest and make sure you don't send the wrong messages... i.e. - flirting and the like.

Praisebassist8706

View Profile
Talking about Family
Posted : 15 Sep, 2009 12:01 AM

Most of the time guys are afraid that the women they are interested in will judge them based on their families..your classic scenario of a woman changing her mind after meeting the future in-laws and freaking out at the thought of holidays and birthday gatherings with these people that she must act like she loves and cannot stand at all.

Many times this has to deal with when either person is comfortable having the other meet their parents. The guys you are conversing with may want you to have a strong grasp on who they are before you get a glimpse of where they came from. While I love my parents dearly and have a wonderful relationship with my Mother and Sister, as a grown man I'd have to say I don't want someone to meet them without first knowing that the person I'm dating will like me no matter what my family does.

...that and mothers NEVER want to let their boys go without a fight lol

Praisebassist8706

View Profile
Age difference
Posted : 14 Sep, 2009 11:55 PM

Well said, Brother!

From the heart, ladies, most guys just want a girl that hasn't run around constantly. I cannot count on my fingers, toes, or any other appendages I own how many girls have gone off to college and lost their minds (in addition to other things) while they were off there. Most of these girls don't consider that what they are doing now is not attractive to guys who wouldnt want to marry them and not just hook up with them at a party because they are drunken.

I'm nearly 22 and I'm starting to go back on my rule about only dating a year younger than myself for those same reasons mentioned above.

Page : 1 2