Author Thread
Aaronhoward

View Profile
Why women shouldn't Pastor
Posted : 20 Mar, 2009 09:01 AM

the reason paul wrote to the corinthians about women keeping silient is becuase women were not as educated as the men were, so to keep order in the church paul tells the women to just keep silent in the church so they wouldnt have to stop the service to explain everything to the women.

instead he says to just ask your husband when you get home. but im pretty sure if you dont have a husband it wouldnt be a sin to ask the pastor or another male in the church. as far as women pastors it does not say women cant be pastors but it does say they can teach. there were women in the bible who prophocied in the bible and did other grate things, but i think that women shouldnt be pastors because if the man is head of the house hold then it would be kinda weird for a man to cling to a woman at church and then come home and be the leader of the house. so i beleive women can preach and teach, talk if their educated and most women today are, so thats not an issue. thats just my input on the subject. god bless

Aaronhoward

View Profile
Our Crumbling Nation
Posted : 4 Mar, 2009 03:20 PM

what makes you think that the united states compares to the revelation 18?

Aaronhoward

View Profile
What was the Purpose of Tongues?
Posted : 2 Mar, 2009 08:22 AM

ella you make a fine point, but if you read acts 2 and then you read 1 cor. you will find that there are 2 different kinds of gifts of tongues. in acts 2 they spoke in a tongue so everybody could understand them. and in 1cor. paul says that when you speak in tongues you are speaking to god through your spirit. and it is for the edification of the church so it would make since to have an interpreter if someone speaks in tongues in church and no one understands what they are saying. but paul says he rather speak in 5 simple words so people can understand him than 10000 words. no where in the bible does it specify on speaking in tongues and also does not say it ceased you . people want to twist the bible so they can teach what they want about it.

Aaronhoward

View Profile
What was the Purpose of Tongues?
Posted : 27 Feb, 2009 03:18 PM

i read the article and thats defiantly a different perspective than i have ever heard. it makes sense but i want to study up on it more. i have always had people talk to me about tongues, and they tell me they can but they never have an interpreter there. they say they just started doing it. i think people speak in tongues today do it because there caught in the motion and a lot of it is who can be more charismatic than the other. not that i am putting down people who speak in tongues im just saying theres always someone whos more charismatic than the next guy.some people get so caught up in the gifts that they miss the point of the gospel then it becomes more of works than it is faith. if anything to get out of Corinthians 13 is that before you can do any work of god you must have love hope and faith. but sometimes people miss that. thats just my input on the subject god bless every one who reads this and be strong in christ.

Aaronhoward

View Profile
Aliens
Posted : 25 Feb, 2009 02:47 PM

where it talks about the tower of babel i don't think that god still confuses us today. i think that we are in the flesh and we can be confused by sin easily. i think god confused the people of babel so that they would not build the tower of babel. and also to separate the nations so that he can revile the nation of the Jews his chosen people.that's just my input

Aaronhoward

View Profile
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 02:45 PM

like you said about science being measured. scientist dont want to say theres a good because they cant measure god, its a lack of faith and dont tell me scientist dont have faith. they say that just to shut you up. what makes more cents? an intelligent designer(god) created us or tiny pieces of matter popped out of no where and there was the universe. a scientist says he has no faith but his faith is that matte rthat popped out of no where, just like our faith is that god created the universe. and any body who is not a scientist and believes in evolution puts its faith in the scientist EVERY BODY HAS FAITH THE QUESTION IS WHERE IS YOUR FAITH POINTING!

Aaronhoward

View Profile
What are some good Christian rappers
Posted : 19 Feb, 2009 02:45 PM

yeah man you should check out lacrea he is on fire! and were im from which is mobile, al there is a guy called truth seeker and tall tea, but if you want to check out some good stuff listen to toby mac or oldschool dc talk there the originals.