Author Thread
Manzilla

View Profile
Virgin Men
Posted : 29 Dec, 2015 02:17 AM

I came across an article on Christianity today that asks the question - Why are Christian guys silent about abstinence?

One major reason is because that post-modern culture ridicules men committed to purity. Hollywood even came out with The 40 year old virgin. Sadly, even the church is not very affirming of single men.

Many men are struggling with purity but there's a lack of safe places to be open and honest. I am blessed that I am part of Celebrate Recovery where I am receiving love and acceptance.

What I learned, we commit not to purity per se but to Christ. If we focus on purity then we might fall into the trap of self-righteousness. Purity is the by product of our intimate relationship with Christ. We have a hunger that only Christ can satisfy.

Manzilla

View Profile
Genesis to Revelation
Posted : 4 Jun, 2014 02:31 PM

Have you ever read the bible from cover to cover.

I started a project to read it from Genesis to Revelation in 100 days. Along the way, I started a blog to record my devotion. Have a look and visit my blog: getducksinarow.blogspot.com

Rev. 1: 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

Manzilla

View Profile
Hello there!
Posted : 4 Jun, 2014 02:26 PM

Looking for the love of my life. Just like everybody.

While waiting, I'm striving to be closer to God.

Visit my devotional blog: getducksinarow.blogspot.com

Shalom!