Author Thread
northstarrobert

View Profile
Is He/She Right for Me?
Posted : 20 Mar, 2009 08:09 PM

Very interesting ideas here.......................................... Sister, as a man I can honestly say that you are almost completely correct in your list . There are a few over generalizations, but over all very good insight. The Major thing that is important to understand that the wife is the help-mate for the man. The woman's movement was needed but with most things has gone too far in the other extreme. Far to often I hear of women who are waiting for the man God has for them. You made this same mistake in inference a couple of times too. You should be waiting for the man whom God is preparing you for. Big Difference. Another thing is that woman of times past came with a DOWRY, a word most women don't know anything about. Now to add to your previous excellent points....When you study the Greek basis of the words for love, is that God (through Paul) never tells the woman to agape her husband, but to phileo him. The man is the one who is always commanded to agape. I am sure you know the differences of those Greek words in addition to storgos(sp) and eros. Another English word translated comes from four Greek ones is son..Pieis...infant, Piedeon......toddler, Technon.......teenager,Huios....manifest adult son....take these four and reread your New Testament and you will find great differences. A good example:To as many received him, to them that believe on his name, to them gave he the power to become the sons of God. That one is a huios, as referred in to Romans 8. When a person is born-again, they start out as a Pieis...infant...These nuances are not seen by first appearance, without a further study into root beginnings of words, and this is part of the mystery of God. It was interesting that when Jesus was asked by his disciples why he spoke to the crowd in parables, he says basically I don't want them to know, you guys I have chosen you to know. [email protected]