Author Thread
Pops61

View Profile
I'll appreciate your help please..?
Posted : 12 Oct, 2014 05:21 PM

Hi sisygirl, another way you might try is google search your question, such as "how do I explain longsuffering to a child"

I found one site called (Bible fun for kids) that had some cool teaching tools you may like to teach or explain some kids questions about the bible in a meaningful way ... there may be many others too but just be careful and use your good discretion with what info you find and plan to use, pray and ask those you trust for suggestions if there is doubt ;)

http://kidsbibledebjackson.blogspot.com/2013/04/fruit-of-spirit.html

Pops61

View Profile
1-Hr Dating Breakthrough?
Posted : 7 Oct, 2014 01:09 PM

Yep, I like Firefox with adblock plus has worked great n have used it for the past 4 years or so. There is also adblock for Internet explorer and Google Chrome if you are more familiar with those browsers, just look in the settings and manage add ons

Pops61

View Profile
Where have all the virtuous women gone?
Posted : 4 Oct, 2014 11:27 AM

Nothing wrong in your desire by honoring God and holding to his higher standards concerning the marriage covenant. I admire you for that, but as you well know it does limit your/ n all our choices though brother.

You got me interested about the biblical and moral standard and I found this article, it's too long for copy-paste but interesting reading concerning divorce-remarriage, maybe you've already seen it but thought may interest others too.

http://www.equip.org/articles/biblical-grounds-for-divorce-and-remarriage/#christian-books-1

a short quote the end of the article...

In a broken world, holiness may be more difficult to find than happiness. But such is our calling as Christians in marriage. We may not like that message, but it is biblical. As Paul wrote, �And I think I too have the Spirit of God� (1 Cor. 7:40).

Pops61

View Profile
If a guy became interested in you only because...
Posted : 3 Oct, 2014 08:38 PM

Hey Blue, I tend to agree somewhat with FlyBy in that a woman does appreciate being told she's pretty or even beautiful.... but tactfully! I'm no expert believe me but from what little I've gathered is these ladies tend to get a lot more mail to sift through than most of us guys do and as you can imagine have to sift through the many what is Bull and what few are genuine guys. Maybe by changing your tact in the way you want to let her know she's attractive to you may help. Something like picking a feature, let's say her eye brows... your brows remind me of fuzzy little caterpillars, so cute, makes me tingle as if I can feel them crawling up my neck... lol

I'm kidding! but choose something besides "duh, because your pretty" obviously you two clicked in your discussions and showed interest and just wanted a confirmation as to why a guy like you were interested in her.

Maybe you liked her eyes or a certain look that she had in her photo that impressed you, giving the impression she's wise and also easy on the eyes... I'm a sucker for brown eyes myself! Choose a feature that attracted you about her and be creative but honest and let her know you're impressed and impress her! ;)

Pops61

View Profile
Are you a Good Person ???
Posted : 2 Sep, 2014 09:57 PM

I like this! Thank you Miss Jude.... yer old friend sojourner, now gonna be pops and grandad

Pops61

View Profile
dating divorced woman
Posted : 2 Sep, 2014 05:22 PM

There's been a discussion going since 02/2012 in the Christian morals thread that a member here, "Really 54" started and had written an article called "The stone thrower". It's on page 10 right now in the history pages at the bottom. It's a good article and lots of comments both ways on some of these very issues in this discussion.

As for me, mind you first that I am not some tough guy but if my daughter calls me because she's been hurt or broken that dude will be explaining himself to the barrel of my gun and he'd better hope the law gets there in a hurry! IMO you were right to get out before worse could happen... circumstances are not the same for everyone, go to the Lord, take time for healing and clarity, let God sort out the matters what is right and of forgiving and repentance.

Pops61

View Profile
Hello from Redding California
Posted : 31 Aug, 2014 07:22 PM

Hello NEIGHBOR...Neighbor...neighbor....... :ROFL: Happy Labor Day to you out on the right coast!

Pops61

View Profile
Hello from Redding California
Posted : 31 Aug, 2014 06:05 PM

Thought I'd post this to say hellos to local neighbors and cut through the age and preferences restrictions.

Be careful of the ones writing to you who move on you too quickly and are just a little too sweet and nice gals! Use discretion and keep your feets on the ground that way you can run away quicker! lol

Pops61

View Profile
Why men change their attitude?
Posted : 29 Aug, 2014 01:03 PM

Cave man hunt - he find prey - knock head with club - drag back to cave ------- Work done! I'm teasing!

I really don't know the answer but think once she says yes we guys (not all) do tend to get complacent n forget about stirring the pot, stoke the fire n fan the flames, continue doing those little romantic things that won her over to remind her how much we care. I had been guilty of it in the past too and boy did I hear about it! lol

Pops61

View Profile
Dating has little to do with christianity?
Posted : 29 Aug, 2014 11:00 AM

Ya know... being single can be difficult, I know that I've had my battles and am certain many others have too. Now going going to the date sites and misleading people or expecting them to heal you or fill the emptiness is certainly not the best approach. The alone time would be better served by getting involved in some church activities, studies, some form service to others in the Lord. Sometimes the best medicine is putting others before yourself in service and trusting God will bring you through the tough times...

I've been divorced now 7 years n saved for 5 of these years. In those 7 years I've experienced life as low as I've ever been to the greatest joy I've ever known and all points inbetween and in all these times and places God is there communicating through scripture or in the form of a friend or even by intervention of a stranger with an encouraging word.

So being here (just my opinion) is not such a bad thing, it's a way to have some social interaction and make friends... but don't abuse the privilege on the site, just be truthful and have integrity

Page : 1 2