Author Thread
Stan4life

View Profile
Let go; Let God...
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 09:11 PM

Lisa;

You are right to trust God in this matter. Your son may be put off from the display of the gifts, but I suspect it will stir a curiosity in him. I'm reminded of a verse in Proverbs.

Proverbs 22:6 (King James Version)

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

When I was young, I was confused by the experience of people speaking in tongues, but later in life I was drawn by the familiarity. It was like coming home.

Stan

Stan4life

View Profile
Avoiding interest
Posted : 25 Jul, 2009 06:07 AM

Dave;

You were discussing you height and it got me to thinking about my first wife. She was taller than me and although she tried to not let on, the height thing bothered her. I guess she left because she got tired of waiting for me to grow up! :ROFL: Can any of you ladies relate?

But on a more serious note, I have to agree with Lisa Marie's comments about God is still working on her. I believe God is still working on me and when He has prepared me sufficiently, He will open that door to the right one.

Stan

Stan4life

View Profile
Friends and non-christian friends....
Posted : 23 Jul, 2009 04:52 PM

Dear Night;

You are absolutely right, we are not of this world although we are in it. You need to have the right balance. You need fellowship with other christians, we are here to share the good and the bad and we are here to help build each other up and prepare for our personal missions. We need to make our mark in the world to help and encourage others to find Christ.

Stan

Stan4life

View Profile
Beliefs preventing acceptance?
Posted : 22 Jul, 2009 04:20 PM

Samson;

I don't know what your specific beliefs are, but if you believe in Jesus Christ, then we are brothers in Christ.

Whenever I feel lonely I like to read Romans 8, especially verse 38 & 39, 'For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God is always with us, Amen.

Stan

Stan4life

View Profile
NO INTERNET!!! GASP!!!
Posted : 20 Jul, 2009 08:20 PM

Ian;

Welcome to the boondocks of Alberta! I hope you brought bug spray. I guess without internet, you might have to resort to conversation with real live people ;). Despite the lack of internet, I hope you enjoy yourself!

Stan

Stan4life

View Profile
So amazingly enough
Posted : 17 Jul, 2009 05:32 AM

Hi Alex;

I'm sure many can relate to your experience. My ex-wife was dating this guy and planning to move in together. Many times I was tempted to act out in the flesh towards this guy, and sometimes I did. When I acted out, it strengthened their relationship. Once I started to listen to God and walk in His love, things changed. It opened my X's eyes to this guy's true nature and she decided to break it off with him. She decided to remain single until the girl's are grown up

Being a single parent, I can relate to that sense of helplessness for the well being of our kids. We can be thankful we have a God who is all powerful and hears our prayers, and his timing is perfect.

Your brother in Christ,

Stan

Stan4life

View Profile
Which Denomination is the correct Denomination?
Posted : 10 Jul, 2009 07:36 PM

Thanks Ole

Stan4life

View Profile
Which Denomination is the correct Denomination?
Posted : 9 Jul, 2009 07:00 PM

hello all;

On this topic of denominations and Sabbath, I'm reminded of Jesus' meeting with the Samaritan woman at Jacobs Well in John 4:21-24, Jesus replied, "The time is coming, ma'am, when we will no longer be concerned about whether to worship the Father here or in Jerusalem. For it is not where we worship that counts, but how we worship-is our worship spiritual and real? Do we have the Holy Spirit's help?....".

I think that time is now. I think that this applies to all christian churches, is our worship spiritual and real, is it Holy Spirit lead? As for the Sabbath, isn't everyday a day to worship God?

a brother in Christ;

Stan