View Profile
Male Leadership
Posted : 17 Jul, 2011 11:15 PM

Well said...Thank you for sharing your insight :yay:

TravisjustTravis

View Profile
Who's the Boss
Posted : 17 Jul, 2011 11:05 PM

I am sorry for the pain that you are feeling. You made the right dicision, even though it was a hard choice for you to make.

GODS ways are not our ways, and our ways are not GODS ways. GOD says not to be unequally yoked (2 Corinthians 6:14) and what GOD says does not always make sence to us, but that does not mean what GOD says is not for our own good.

Perhaps why GOD tells us not to be unequally yoked can be understood if we understand what yoked is (no it has nothing to do with having an egg thrown at you) Ayoke is the device that connects two objects together. The purpose of a yoke is to harness energy. So if you are a farmer and you need to plow a field you will hook your mule up to the plow. But sometimes the burden (in this case the plow) is to heavy for one mule to pull, so you go get a yoke and hitch both of the mules together. Then both mules will split the burden (of the plow). That is how to yoke things together. However you do not want to yoke a mule that is 6 foot tall with a mule that is 4 foot tall, because then the mules will not be pulling in harmony and your plow may not move.

So when GOD says not to be unequally yoked he wants the husband and wife to be able to work together. (and a christian and a non christian will not pull in the same direction because they have diffrent goals)

Its a seperate issue but you may be wondering why it was hard for the two of you to be "just friends" in my experence its sometimes hard to have a relationship "be demoted"

I just dont want you to think that no-one cares (Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2) :party:

TravisjustTravis

View Profile
Male Leadership
Posted : 17 Jul, 2011 10:07 PM

Often I hear of girls wanting to begin a relationship with a guy who understands that the male is supposed to lead. But some girls dont want a guy leading them until they get married.

How is a guy suposed to obey GOD and lead when some girls dont want to follow. (how I handel the sitution is that I follow GOD and if a girl chooses not to follow...well I'll follow GOD)

TravisjustTravis

View Profile
Commitment
Posted : 28 Mar, 2010 04:53 PM

Maby its just me but somtimes its hard to trust some girls, I would like to find a lady that I can trust. :party:

TravisjustTravis

View Profile
Leadership
Posted : 28 Mar, 2010 04:23 PM

A good number of ladies believe that the husband should be the leader in the marrige, I agree. But the question that I would like to ask is when should the boyfriend become the leader in a relationship. Because if boyfriends are not supposed to be the leader until after marrige, then why do girls expect to find a guy that will lead? (I hope I made the question clear) :waving:

TravisjustTravis

View Profile
Go to sleep and let God pick your mate
Posted : 3 Dec, 2009 10:35 PM

(I did not write this, but I found it helpfull)

Ladies and Gentlemen, I�d like to share with you an amazing concept about marriage and the process of choosing your marriage partner. It�s amazing to me that � of marriages are ending in divorce, for whatever reason, and we could debate it all day long and still come up frustrated. The reality is that marriage is under attack and someone has to search out an answer. Here is the reality; many people don�t allow God to pick out their mates, and we have a major epidemic of improper dating and courting. It�s amazing to me how careless some are when it comes to the selection of their mate. Friends, who you marry does matter and it�s the second greatest decision of your entire life. There isn�t a decision that is more important to you except your decision to serve God. Life has enough challenges and pressures that you don�t want to add to by marrying the person you were never meant to marry. I�ve heard it said, and I agree 110%, that it�s much better to stay single than to marry the wrong person. I�d really like to let loose and express my views about dating, courtship, marriage, and divorce. However, I�ll stay with the focus of this blog today and that is for you to take a deep breath and let God choose your mate for you. I realize that the extremely practical people will say, �Come on Matt, you can�t expect God to do it all for you.� In fact, I used to be the one that said, �Yeah, but the Bible says, �He that finds a wife, finds a good thing.� You have to find who you are supposed to marry and spend your life with. While that may be true and accurate, we can�t ignore the fact that God put Adam to sleep and created his wife for him. What was Adam doing at that time in his life? Adam was busy doing what God wanted him to do with his life.

What can we learn from Adam and Eve? Well, God does care about your loneliness and has somebody for you. However, you have to learn to be content where you are and rely on God�s perfect timing. What did Adam do to get Eve? Nothing at all; God put him to sleep, he woke up, and his soul mate was lying right next to him. While that isn�t going to happen exactly like that for us, God will make sure that your path crosses with the person you are suppose to marry.

God knows what He is doing and will prepare your mate for you. You can�t allow yourself to have such low self esteem that causes you to believe that you will never find anybody. There is somebody for everyone. God has a purpose and plan for your life. God wants you to be happy and have a blissfully, abundant, joyful, sensational, exhilarating, passionate, and blessed marriage. God wants you to enjoy your spouse and have the love of a lifetime. God wants you to have a relationship with the opposite sex and enjoy the beauty of a man and woman coming together.

We need some serious help if we believe that homosexuality and lesbianism is normal. God never intended for men to fall in love with other men or ladies to fall in love with other ladies. It�s simply not the will of God, nor is it normal. God fully intended for a man to enjoy a lady and for a lady to enjoy her man. If you are struggling with crazy thoughts of falling in love with a lady and you are a lady, then you need to go on a 21 day fast until God renews your mind. The same will apply if you are man struggling with your sexual identity. Is it alright for me to get on the loud speaker today and say, �Men and women coming together is normal, healthy, and right.�? There are only a select few who are destined to be single; however, most people are designed to be in a marriage relationship. It was God who said, �It is not good for a man to be alone, I will create a helpmate for him.� God does have a helpmate for you and will bring them into your life when the time is right and you are ready.

Your responsibility is to enjoy your singlehood and prepare yourself to be the best husband or wife you can be. Your responsibility is not to find the right person, rather to go become the right person. You should be enjoying your singlehood and using that time to discover your purpose, passion, calling, and dreams. You should use your single time as a blessing to work hard, save money, and prepare yourself for an amazing future. You should focus on becoming the best person that you can be, working out, establishing healthy habits, and focusing on looking the very best you can look for your own self worth�s sake. I�m concerned about all these people who are not prepared as they go into a marriage. It�s going to only create problems for you in the future if you don�t wait on God and prepare yourself. Every single person should be reading books about relationships and marriage. As a pastor, my question that I ask every couple seeking marriage is, �Have you read the book His Needs, Her Needs?� If not, you are not even close to being ready for marriage. I am convinced that every single young man and single young lady should have read at least 12-15 books about marriage before they even think about saying, �I do.� The healthiest marriages only happen with people who are whole and prepared for what lies ahead.

James Dobson suggests that a courting couple should communicate at least 1,000 hours before engagement, and I�ll have to whole heartedly agree with Mr. Dobson. It�s wise to take the time to really get to know someone before you get physical. Ouch, did I just say that? Is it really important to go as long as you can without getting physical? Absolutely, your first kiss should mean something, and the longer you can wait the more intimate your relationship will be. Too many relationships are only built off lust and physical connection. How many marriages have you seen where just by a look in the eye or a facial expression, the other spouse knew what the other was thinking or feeling? Why? It�s because there is an emotional and spiritual connection. Couples that only are connected physically will have major problems in the early years of their marriage. You should take the time to really get to know someone before you kiss them or get physical; your relationship will be so much healthier. While we may have all blown it here and gotten more physical than we should have, I�d like to encourage you to slam on the brakes, put your car in reverse, turn around, and get on the right road. God is merciful and does allow U turns. It�s important that you turn around, starting right now, and reserve your physical passion for marriage.

If you will relax and let God prepare you and your future spouse, then you will not have to worry about marrying the wrong person or the right person at the wrong time. You would be very wise to stop worrying about who you are going to marry and just start living life to the fullest right now. Let God heal you and make you the best husband or wife in the world. In a perfect world there would be no sexual abuse, mistakes, rejection, cheating, divorce, or sexual scars. However, the world that I live in and the people that live in this world have been scarred by sexual immorality, past or sadly a divorce. It�s vitally important that you become healed and whole from whatever scar or bad relationship you had in the past. People that are continually jumping from one relationship to another are simply not wise. It�s dangerous to enter another relationship if you are not healed from your past or previous broken relationships.

As you can tell, there is a lot to cover when you start talking about relationships and marriage. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. God is bigger than your past. While you may have scars and consequences of your past, it doesn�t have to dictate your future happiness. God is a good God and will give mercy to His people. You have a bright future and God is going to send your lifetime companion to you when the time is right. Just go to sleep and let God pick your mate out for you.

:zzzz: :applause:

TravisjustTravis

View Profile
People
Posted : 20 Oct, 2009 12:15 AM

When a person behaves in a certain way ask yourself "what is causing this person to act this way"

A lot of t he girls on here say I am tired of being hurt, "fair enough" from a guys perspective I am tired of girls not thinking about what they are doing and then not liking my responce.

Their is an old saying that goes like this "it takes two to tango" So the next time you feel like their are no decent people in this world, examine how you are responding to things. Just a thought. :bouncy:

TravisjustTravis

View Profile
Silly Rabit...
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 10:07 PM

I was watching The Andy Griffith Show :dancingp: and Gomer was asking Barney when him and Thelma Lou were going to get married. Word got around town and evidently scared Thelma Lou, and the next thing you know Thelma Lou hs cancled her regular date with Barney. To make the sitution more complicated Thelma Lou goes to the moes with Gomer. Then it was time to go to church so I did not see the rest of the episode.

But why would Thelma Lou cancel a date with her boyfriend? Don't she know that her actions only gave mixed signals?

:waving: :party:

TravisjustTravis

View Profile
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 02:58 PM

I am not as concerned with what happed, because we all know it already happened. I am more concerned with what you should do scince that did happen.

I have had similar experiences happen to me and I dd not want to move on with my life because I wanted to give the other person a second chance if they decided to come back into my life.

My advice would be if someone walks out of your life, for whatever reason, take that as Gods way of saying it as not ment to be! Then move on with your life. If God wants you wo together He is Big Enough to put you two back together! But I think if a person stops talking to you, then their is little harm in talking to them :nahnah: :dancingp:

TravisjustTravis

View Profile
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 5 Aug, 2009 10:04 PM

When dealing with people, it is important to remember thatthey are people. We all have had past experiences dealing with people.

There was a experment done with a baby, every time the baby saw a white furry object then somthing bad would happen. So the baby grew up being scared of white fluffy things like bunnies...anyway

Somthing may have happend in the guys past, maby everything was going alright, and then you triggered that negative memory.

I have a feeling the guy started thinking "if I stopped tring to talk to this girl, she will not try to talk to me." Ladies "Guys want to feel needed" and some girls just sit back and let the boys crawl to them. My suggestion is contact the guy, let him know you like talking to him! :applause:

Page : 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60