Author Thread
AriFi

View Profile
How do I view my previous forum posts?
Posted : 5 Oct, 2014 03:43 AM

Go to "Account settings" and then click "Allow members to see my last 5 forum posts on my profile". From your profile you then see your last posts.

AriFi

View Profile
Christians in politics
Posted : 3 Oct, 2014 08:20 AM

In the U.S. they have this journal called "First Things": http://www.firstthings.com/

I think they do excellent job in promotion and discussion of proper Christian engagement in politics. I don't follow the journal anymore but I used to read it a lot.

AriFi

View Profile
If a guy became interested in you only because...
Posted : 3 Oct, 2014 08:09 AM

Thanks for an interesting conversion!

AriFi

View Profile
What is the right response to wink?
Posted : 3 Oct, 2014 08:04 AM

Exactly - I interpret winks as "hi" and I would expect another "wink" as "hi".

AriFi

View Profile
Christians in politics
Posted : 3 Oct, 2014 01:40 AM

I completely agree. In politics it's not easy to remain a faithful Christian.

AriFi

View Profile
What does a girl look for in a potential husband?
Posted : 30 Sep, 2014 09:21 PM

But what sort of girls were these, alipbechel? Were they very pretty? My hypothesis is that very pretty girls get since childhood what they want just because they are pretty and so their personalities do not usually develop very well. There are exceptions, of course.

AriFi

View Profile
Martial Status: SEPARATED........
Posted : 29 Sep, 2014 01:26 PM

I completely agree with the above.

An addition about how it works in the Catholic Church. There we believe in the indissolubility of marriage, i.e. that if the marriage was valid it remains so even after infidelity, abuse or some such other grave sin. In such cases separation and civic divorce might take place, but the reality of marriage is still there and Catholic re-marriage is not possible.

Another case is so-called annulment, i.e. investigation into the validity of the alleged marriage, which might lead to the conclusion that is was not valid since the beginning.

AriFi

View Profile
Christians in politics
Posted : 29 Sep, 2014 01:17 PM

I agree. On the one hand we see different goals - Christianity is about how to live saintly lives, politics about how to form society for the common good. On the other, we are Christians not just at home but in the public as well.

AriFi

View Profile
What does a girl look for in a potential husband?
Posted : 29 Sep, 2014 12:25 PM

I've heard that most women take inward/spiritual qualities more importantly than outward/physical than us, guys. I was told that we are more superficial. (I tend to agree with this but of course, these are just generalizations that don't apply always to particular cases).

AriFi

View Profile
Friendship with God, friendship with people, friendship with the creation
Posted : 29 Sep, 2014 09:52 AM

Thanks, Charmed, it's nice of you that you take time to greet "newbies" here.

Page : 1 2 3