Author Thread
Phoenyx

View Profile
Women have you ever felt like this?
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 02:57 PM

I wish I could rate chozen2be with a thumbs up, because that is a very good idea. I think it is important to ask vital questions too, but to squeeze it in there between questions that reflect his own.

Phoenyx

View Profile
What are the greatest turn-offs when viewing profiles?
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 02:41 PM

I don't know about that. I think men don't put enough on their profiles. When there is so little about a man, it's like he's just another copy of every other profile--he doesn't stand out--and, once I'm talking to them to get to know them and find out that they are not the right guy, it feels very rude to say, "Hey, sorry I wasted your time."

Phoenyx

View Profile
Going dutch?
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 02:02 PM

My father has taught me that it is up to the man to get the woman's approval. I also think that the Bible matches because Christ paid the price for our sins so that we would be saved and become his Bride. Still, I do have the opinion that, if I planned out the date, I should be the one to pay out of courtesy and I wouldn't mind doing such things, but it is mainly up to the man.

I'm sorry guys if that sounds unfair, but many women would also feel it is unfair that only men can be preachers. It's not a matter of how we feel about it; it matters what God says is right. Even if there wasn't something in the Bible about it, it also says to honor the parents, and I would honor my father's wishes.

...I should add this on profile.

Phoenyx

View Profile
hi
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 01:38 PM

We all want a Christian man, or should, but that doesn't really say in total. For instance, I want someone with a similar understanding, because from what I've seen of my parents' marriage, it's not pretty to have two people with different beliefs together. It results in arguments and I don't think it's fair to anyone.

Phoenyx

View Profile
Christians who Smoke.
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 01:28 PM

It is more important to worry about what you are doing to the body you are borrowing that BELONGS to Christ, than to worry about how other Christians feel about your habit.

Phoenyx

View Profile
What Do Women Want?
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 11:41 AM

You said a good bit yourself that would help men understand what women want and evidently there are women who agree, myself included. Communication and active. I could say all day that I love Christ on here, but that doesn't tell if I'm worshipping the same Christ of the Bible. In fact, many Christians either cherry-pick, dispensate or completely disregard the Bible.

Personally though, I'm a little put off because of overeagerness. I've not lived in a good place or time (considering America's history) and can't help but think after all these experiences, "What does this person REALLY want from me?" I'd rather see an intelligent reply and possibly some good spelling. ;) I will try to answer emails, but sometimes I don't right away because the response I have isn't worth filling up their mailbox, but I intend to as soon as possible.

Also, I don't respond to winks that much. At most you will get a wink back, but either I ignore it or forget to check. This might not be the same for all women, but just offering my two cents.

Phoenyx

View Profile
Arminianism or Calvinism
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 11:17 AM

I understand that it isn't that clear cut with that, with many factors people believe are involved in salvation, including whether or not it can fall away after you are saved.

Which are you (in general)?

Phoenyx

View Profile
FINALLY! :yay:
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 11:07 AM

The waiting time to talk on forum is much too long. I have to say that I love this site. Even though a Christian has to make money too, I don't agree with Christian dating sites where you have to pay. If it is not involved with worldly government and is an expectation of the Bible, it should be more of a charity. This site is a blessing because of that.

Anyway, I'm hoping that it doesn't support homosexual relationships. I've quit other Christian dating sites because of that. I know many will get mad at that statement, but as far as I'm concerned the Bible supports a man and a woman and God's Word is sovereign in my life. By remaining and/or paying a site that supports it, you are in part helping them with that.

I didn't expect to say that much, so I'll end the message here.:party:

Page : 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26