Our view of marriage should be guided and corrected by the teaching of God's word.
- Male | 72
- United States
- Last Login Date
- Click here to learn more
- Eye Color
- Body Type
- Hair Color
- Mixed Color
- Looking For
- A Marriage Partner
- Church Name
- Attend various churches
- Church Attendance
- Every week
- Church Raised In
- Do you drink?
- Willing to relocate?
- Possibly, who knows
- Marital Status
- Do you have children?
- Yes but they're grown
- Do you want children?
- Want Children
- Education Level
- Masters/Post Grad
- My Profession
- Church and missions related work
- I like hiking in beautiful pristine mountain areas or other pristine terrain, camping, looking for animal tracks, spending time at a beautiful crescent beach, snorkeling, swimming, boating, fishing, hunting, going for a walk, exercising, visiting museums,
- About Me
The Bible teaches that there are two purposes for marriage, one is companionship (Genesis 2:18) and the other is to have children (Genesis 1:28). Companionship potential is not determined by age difference but rather by the intrinsic potential two people of the opposite sex have to meet each other's mental and emotional needs, to relate to one another as best friends.
I am searching for a committed Christian woman with whom I could be best friends. Many passages of Scripture teach directly or imply that continuing one's family line is important. I am concerned that my family line may die out, so I am looking for a woman, who is young enough to have 3 children.
Even though there are many more women than men in churches, very few women in searching for a husband actually consider men
outside their own age range. I believe this may be a mistake at times for three reasons.
(1) Limiting one's search to men who are similar in age to you may result in you not finding someone suitable to marry until it is too late for you to have as many children as you would like to have or even worse until it is too late for you to have children.
(2) Growth as a Christian takes time; so one would expect more older Christian men to be spiritually mature than younger Christian men.
(3) People age at different rates. So age should be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Some people in their fifties or forties or even younger have serious health issues, whereas some people by God's grace will be very healthy and very active until well into their eighties or nineties. How long we live and how healthy we will be as we live are in the hands of the Almighty.
I'm aware that many women might not consider me as a potential husband due to the large age difference, but I believe that I have a lot to offer.
(1) I am at a point in my life where I know exactly what I want and will be fully committed in marriage and I am settled to a point that we can start a family immediately.
(2) I am very active and healthy. Do not know the future but at present it appears I have been blessed in the area of health, perhaps because he has a lot of work for me to do.
(3) I am well anchored in Christ and committed to being a good husband and father.
I believe these points together are more important than age difference. Also, in the Bible we don't find any Scripture that says people should select a spouse who is similar in age. Instead we find some examples of couples with large age differences that apparently had very fulfilled marriages (e.g., Ruth 3:10).
You may be at a point in your life where you are ready to start a family, would really like to have children and are running out of time to have them, but you have not been able to find someone suitable within your age preference range. If this is your situation, or if you are just ready to start a family, consider (a) what the two purposes of marriage are, (b) the parameters within which a Christian is allowed to marry and (c) what options God in his providence has given you.
If you like my profile, want to have children and would like to correspond to find out if we have the potential to become best friends, or if you have any questions or comments concerning what I have written, please do not hesitate to write me.
I have given an Illinois USA location. That is the state where I last lived in the US for a long time. Presently I am living in East Asia, where I have come to do church and missions related work. I have started work on four projects. I have selected for "Willing to relocate?" the option "possibly, who knows". That would only apply, if I can do more church or missions related work somewhere else.
[I was divorced more than twenty years ago. Because of what has transpired and what the Bible teaches about it, I believe I am free to remarry. (If you would like more detail, you can ask me.)]
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile.
- First Date
- Just about anything that is appropriate that the lady would like to do. If she has no preferences, then we could go for a walk in a beautiful public place and or eat at a restaurant of her choosing.
- Account Settings (To message ChrCompassion you must meet the following criteria.)
- Age between 29 to 36.
- Appears on 12 members favorites lists