Author Thread: Beautiful Women
Admin

Beautiful Women
Posted : 23 Jul, 2009 10:31 PM

It's very obvious after looking at some men's profiles that looks are very high at the top of the list for some if not most men. Attached on most profiles is something like this, "prefer a woman who stays fit", "I like a woman who takes care of herself", "a woman who is in shape". While some men may actually mean that, we women know that it's also code for not fat.

It's amazing to me the emphasis men put on a woman's looks. Most would say, oh, but men are just visual creatures. Really? Where in the Bible does God say that He made men to be more visual than women. Women can appreciate beauty just as much as men, and believe me we like to be married to or dating someone who looks amazing to us. But, I think the emphasis has been put too much by men on women's looks. It would try to put pressure on women to be or look a certain way. No woman wants to be married and feel like she has to look a certain way or maintain a certain weight. Yet that is the message some men would send or seem to send. What if women held you guys to such rigid expectations on your looks as you seem to do to us? As someone well put it on this site, some of you men want a filet mignon when you yourself are an uninspected butt end of pork.

Let me submit to you that if you will look at a women spiritually, and see her beautiful that way first, it will help the situation a lot and I believe you will even find her more beautiful physically if you'll do that. I believe a women's weight should be between her and the Lord. I'm not talking about being totally unhealthy, and I certainly think it is cool for a woman to be beautiful to her husband and appear beautifully for him. But if you will back off and let her weight be between her and God and take the pressure off her, you would probably be surprised how beautiful she would appear to you. If you give us freedom to be who God made us to be and be beautiful spiritually and physically and be natural, we would be happier to and more eager to dress well for you and present ourselves beautifully to you.

Just a tip.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 09:45 PM

Well...I guess what I'm trying to say is...maybe the guy that wants a gorgeous girl with a tiny figure, only finds gorgeous girls with tiny figures attractive. I just don't see why it's so evil. And I definitely think it's a little different then beating women. Beating women is sin. Wanting to marry someone that you find physically attractive is not. However...if we're only talking about men that "want a fillet mignon when you yourself are an un-inspected butt end of pork", then I definitely think it's unreasonable for someone to hold other people to their high standards, when they don't even keep them themselves. And personally, I wouldn't want a "fillet mignon". I don't think I could hold on to a barbie, and I would feel insecure if I tried. I think people should try and find someone like them, and then they should love them like they love their own body(EPH 5:28), which brings us right back to the health thing:winksmile:. Let's say...10 years from now...if I'm married(and the chances of that happening are getting slimmer and slimmer the longer I keep talking about this...)...and I'm outside with my child...and he/she decides to run out into the street...how good of a father would I be if I couldn't run over and save his/her life? Lets face it...a 5 year-old kid is way faster then a 35 year-old that's out of shape. You don't stay fit/healthy just to look/feel good. And I know bad stuff could still happen. But just like marrying someone you find physically attractive might help keep you from slipping into lust/having regrets later in life...staying healthy would help you keep yourself and your family safe. It wouldn't eliminate the possibility of bad stuff happening...but it would help. Just my opinion:goofball:.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 09:52 PM

This thread has been driving me absolutely insane, and now that my account is old enough for me to post on it, I don�t even know where to begin.

I�m incredibly frustrated at the endless cycle of women backing men into a corner with questions that set the man up for failure and taking everything to an extreme. There are some cases in which a man really cannot say anything right in a woman�s ears, no matter how good or bad their argument is. This whole thread is a mess.

Did I put that I prefer �a man that stays in shape� on my profile? No, but it certainly runs subconsciously through my mind when I check my inbox. Yes, there are horribly unfair double standards in the favor of men; if I posted that I preferred �a man that stays in shape,� I would probably be dubbed �the b-word�. I think some of the men actually do say it with good intentions; do you honestly want somebody to bond with you and feel obligated later to admit you simply don�t find them attractive physically? Yes, a man should always rejoice �in the wife of his youth, may her [body] satisfy you always� yada yada, and love her unconditionally. But have you read the Song of Solomon? Yeah, he was totally into that girl. And that�s a good thing.

myhopejeremiah29_11

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 11:05 PM

We all have preferences. Kinda like we all have choices. Picking who our spouse is a gift that God has given us and He has given us different preferences just like He has made everyone unique in their own way. If you don't have any preferences just go back to arranged marriages.

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 2 Aug, 2009 01:05 AM

LOL,this has been fun!DHTM,your a brave man brother,Syilii,you have incredible wisdom for your age! In Christ Steve:applause:

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 2 Aug, 2009 03:14 AM

hold on, I'm confused, on one of your post you said that I said "being saved is a preference", but I didn't say being saved is preference. If so, identify where I did, so I can make myself clear, lol.

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 2 Aug, 2009 03:19 AM

oh ok, I see, one of your questions was "is he saved" ok you totally misunderstood where I was coming from, and I didn't clarify myself. In my statements, I was already assuming that the person being considered for a spouse is saved and has a strong relationship with god. I didn't realize that was one of questions you had identified in your post. Ahh, boy, I need to wipe the tread marks off my face, lol.

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 2 Aug, 2009 03:59 AM

haha mark, I already beat you to china, I already hit up some egg rolls, and walked on the Great Wall, lol.

Ok, if some people don't like excercise that is perfectly fine, that is their choice. But I happen to enjoy excercise. I happen to enjoy feeling energized and rejuvenated in a good work out. To put things into perspective, my entire family, especially my fathers side, has been really big into excercise and health. They enjoy excercise and physical fitness. Not because their wives/husbands make them, but because they do it for themselves. It builds self confidence, self esteem, and over all bodily strength. I want to be healthy in my old age. I enjoy bicycling several miles, I enjoy hitting the pull up bar, I enjoy playing a pick up game of basketball, I enjoy participating in physical sports, and being able to perform in them, and being a great player. I want to be the 70 something year old grandpaw, running around in the yard wth his grandchildren. My dad's uncle was in his late 80's and he would still jump around and dance in the front of the church during worship service. I want to be doing the exact same thing. That man could walk faster than I could jog, in fact, I would have to slightly run to keep up with his walk. That is the kind of future I want to have. My father is the same way, so is his brother and he is a preacher, who is also a martial arts instructor, but has since layed off of it to focus on the ministry. My father stayed in shape because he enjoys it, he enjoys working out, as I do. He originaly raced motocross in his younger days which requires intense physical fitiness, and I like doing things like that as well. He had a six pack in his forties, and would probably still have one if he would lay off the Blue Bell Ice Cream, which he has since gone on a diet, because I kept poking him in his belly. There are plenty of women who would like their men to remain physically fit, because there are plenty of women who enjoy physical fitness themselves, as my mother does. There are also plenty of women who would like their future husband to share that simlar trait so they could enjoy it together. My mom and dad share similar interest. My mom doesn't hop on the threadmill and power walk 4 miles every morning because my dad tells her to, she does that for herself, and she does it to keep her muscles strong, her doctor also recommended she does excercise because she had to have surgery on her knee and it keeps her ligaments and tendons strong so she won't have reoccuring trouble. Whereas my grandmother has trouble with arthirits, and should remain active to keep her body flexible, but she doesn't do so, and her mobility is limitied because of it. So, it is what we like to do, and we do it as a family, for the benifit of our own bodies, and we enjoy it. Just like anyone would enjoy camping or hiking which I enjoy as well, lol. I would want a woman that enjoys the same things, because it is a part of my life, and it is what I like to do, and I would like to think that is something I could have in common with her. Is that too much to ask, I mean honestly. The vibe I'm getting it is like exercise or physical fitness is the spawn of Satan or something. If you do anything, you do it for yourself, not because someone is pressuring you to do it. If I like excercise then that is my choice, and I have the right to make that choice. It is not like it is an Idol in my life, or I worship my dumbells, it is just something I like to participate in. Ok, I think I've been descriptive enough. God bless, and I'll do a few extra push ups for each of ya'll, lol.

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 2 Aug, 2009 04:23 AM

And also to go along with what mark stated, if I was to meet someone who I connected with and they didn't meet my preferences then it wouldn't matter, I would enjoy being with that person, and would enjoy spending the rest of my life with them, I wouldn't reject them based on physical fitness. I just think it would be neat to have that in common, same thing goes for what I previously mentioned about me being a virgin and looking for someone else that is a virgin. What kind of Christian would it make me if I met someone who I really connected with but they had made a mistake and didn't fit my preference, so I reject them on that basis. What would it say about God's redeeming power, and the ability to make people whole, and completely born again, that wouldn't say too much for me, if I didn't want to have a relationship with someone who had since changed from their past, and were living totally different lives, lives directed and guided by god. For if I don't have the ability to forgive or look past someone else mistakes or failures, how could I look past my own, I mean honestly. All preferences are just preferences, if you totally fall in love with someone, and know that they are going to be the one god has blessed you with, and they share the same beliefs, then preferences can change. For example, I've known people who never thought they would marry someone who already had kids, but hey, they ended up marrying someone who already had kids from a previous relationship, and now they couldn't be happier. They don't see why they thought that way in the first place. Hey, god works in mysterious ways. Ok, I've said my peace. As always, blessings and hugs to all.

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 2 Aug, 2009 05:45 AM

dear folks, to any woman who says they dont have a preference for a mans looks, and that its all in his insides that counts.. i ask you, will you accept a date from a guy that has missing teeth or no teeth at all? hehe or maybe looks homeless? totally unkempt? i say when you do send pics... hehe

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Beautiful Women
Posted : 2 Aug, 2009 11:54 AM

Funny you should mention that, cattleman. Because, while I do like a physically fit man, my ex-boyfriend and current best friend in the entire world had absolutely no teeth while we were dating (from diabetes), and is covered in spider, skull, and snake tattoos. People would come up to me in restaurants and ask if everything was okay, as if I was with him against my will. So, while I think it's fine to expect a certain level of attractiveness from somebody, you also never know who you'll "click" with.

Ladies, please don't take it personally. You're bound to be somebody's filet mignon, and if not his, why worry about it?

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6