Author Thread: Get to Know Me
Admin

Get to Know Me
Posted : 29 Jul, 2009 07:51 PM

Hello my brothers and sisters. Please advise me on the following. Thank you.

When getting to know someone or new people and they want to know who you are (Christian) and who you were (of the world), do you tell them the old and new you or just the new?

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

View Profile
History
Get to Know Me
Posted : 29 Jul, 2009 09:02 PM

Just an idea. I tell who I am now in CHRIST. It's the most important and edifying to all who hear. I tell very little about who I was except to say that God redeemed as a praise report because that's not edifying for anybody. Example given, I had a very, very bad situation on my hands at one point. God rescued me and got me out of it. Miracles abounded! I tell very few negative details when I tell what I was dealing with because it wouldn't help and bring everybody down. What I tell most is how God amazingly redeemed me and how I was better after that than before. I keep details to a minimum and declare the glories of God!

View Profile
History
Get to Know Me
Posted : 30 Jul, 2009 05:01 AM

Well i would say you can reveal a little at a time,depending on how long youve been dating this person,no need to dump your whole life story on someone right off the bat!Of course its more important who you are in christ now!But its also not fair to a potential mate to keep secrets or hide information that could be damaging to a relationship.I mean,you wouldnt want to be at the alter and say,Oh by the way honey,I spent ten years in a maximum security prison for manslaughter,I owe the IRS 100,000 thousand dollars,and i used to be a man LOL:peace:Everybodys got a past! IN Christ steven

View Profile
History
Get to Know Me
Posted : 30 Jul, 2009 05:37 AM

Good responses glory and man

For me it depends on the situation and context. If a situation presents itself for me to share part of my life with someone who is struggling with something the Lord delievered me from I follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit in sharing. I figure I can't go wrong there and if the information I would share would somehow be 'used' against me than God will redeem that as He knows the intentions of my heart were to glorify Him.

In a dating context I agree with ManofGod on this one. Reveal little by little as the relationship grows. I don't believe every little detail needs to be shared but again would follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit. I would want my future mate to understand the work the Lord has done in me to make me who I am today and to not be surprised in the future when an innocent comment is made etc.

God's best to you,

Jodie

View Profile
History
Get to Know Me
Posted : 30 Jul, 2009 07:42 AM

Thank you all for your very helpful and great advice.

Steven, you are soooo funny. :laugh:

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

FalSmiles

View Profile
History
Get to Know Me
Posted : 30 Jul, 2009 08:42 AM

Zoe,

I always do as suggest above a little at a time with the Lord as my focus. I feel the main point is to just always remain honest. You can always chose to say that you will explain further if the relationship continues, if someone asks, and you are not ready to fully disclose.

Smiles

View Profile
History
Get to Know Me
Posted : 30 Jul, 2009 02:13 PM

I would say a little at a time as you get to know them.

View Profile
History
Get to Know Me
Posted : 30 Jul, 2009 04:36 PM

2Cor:5:17: Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

View Profile
History
Get to Know Me
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 12:32 AM

MANOFGOD WELL SAID, NO SERIOUSLY, WELL SAID AND VERY FUNNY.:peace:, U COULD NOT HAVE PUT THAT ANY BETTER. I SECOND THAT ALL THE WAY.

View Profile
History
Get to Know Me
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 12:36 AM

BY THE WAY, ZOE, THIS IS A HOT THREAD/POST, KEEP THEM COMING, I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH I HAVE LEARNT FROM THESE FORUMS, MORE QUESTIONS AND VIEWS PEOPLE, I LOVE THEM.:peace:

View Profile
History
Get to Know Me
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 01:31 PM

dear folks, its my belief that for women they need to be more careful than men in givin out the details of their past lives to an individual.. i once knew a lady who was on a christian site and had become a regular fixture in the chatroom there.. see i was workin as the bouncer there..for no pay that is.. and also counciled folks there as well if they asked me too.. anyways she came to me and asked if we could talk privately.. there was this man there too.. and i say the word man just to let ya know what gender he was.. it seems he had gained her confidence to confide in him the details of her past.. her sexual realations. and one in particular.. she was in the armed services for awhile and she had a commander who used his authority over her to make her have sex with him.. her fear for her job led her to give in to his demands.. he was a man of color and she was not. she was so ashamed because of what she allowed him to do to her.. and that she thought no white man would ever want her after that..or that any of her female friends there would wanna speak to her again..

well she allowed this wolf whom she had confided in to blackmail her with the threat of postin her private messages confidin to him in the chatroom .if she didnt have phone and cam sex with him.. and send him pictures of her naked..

so this lady was used twice by wolves for sex..

so she asked me for help and what she should do.. i told her to go in the room and tell everyone what had happened in her past and that he was blackmailin her for sex .. take away his power ,then hed have no hold over her anymore.

so she finally did.. and as i couldnt do anything to him about the private emails or im s off the site .. but i baited him till he blew up and messed up on the site in the room.. then i bounced his butt out of there so fast .. but he kept changin profiles and comin back as someone new.. even a woman. i banned that man 100 times.. in about a month or so.. but the sad thing is he and others just like him are still out there.. and can even be here.. as this all happened on a christian site too.. so remember folks, if youre not willin to tell things in public then dont tell em in private.. be safe..

ole cattle

Page : 1 2