Author Thread: PRAY FOR ELVIS TO RISE FROM THE DEAD, AND THEN MARRY HIM!
Admin

PRAY FOR ELVIS TO RISE FROM THE DEAD, AND THEN MARRY HIM!
Posted : 23 Aug, 2009 12:05 PM

WOW! Some of this stuff is really off the grid, when it comes to wanting the will of God in finding that person the Lord has for you in life!

What is all of this "name it and claim it," stuff, on these profiles?

It appears to me that modern Christianity is teaching that believers are to not only to pray for what they want, in the way of million dollar houses, jet planes [I wrote that for Kenneth Copeland, and his prosperity-Christianity gang], and Lamborginis; but now I see that even those who profess to being a born again believer, can tell God to go jump in a lake, and make your own list, according to your own will and desires, and then pray for, and CLAIM the "designer man," or "designer chick!"

I challenge everyone on this blog, that claims to be a believer, to go and find the passage(s) in the scripture, that says that you may ask God for whatever you want..!

Show me where you may ask for "someone to have fun with; and who owns a Harley Davidson," or "a lovely blue-eyed blond, with all the right bumps," or "a man that is tall dark and handsome.. with an excellent 401K, Lord, to wrap up the designer-mate request, with the perfect retirement package!"

Why don't one of you women, just ask the Lord to raise up Elvis from the dead, as He did Lazarus, and then marry him? He'd have the money, looks, cars, and everything!

What is wrong with this picture? It does not in any way resemble real faith in Jesus Christ.

If you truly trusted "IN THE LORD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART, AND LEANED NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING, BUT ACKNOWLEDGED HIM IN ALL YOUR WAYS, [Proverbs 3:5, 6]" you would not ask God to do one thing - the way you want it, but trust Him as your Father to give you what He knows you need most in life!

"Being born again, is suppose to mean dying to yourself, not becoming God, and making all the choices in life!

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Aug, 2009 07:26 AM

Absolutely right. If a person is in God's will, they'll want what God wants. They can still desire what they want....but if it goes against God's will they should be willing to say "Yes Lord", and move on. This life isn't about being happy....the next one is about being happy...this one is about making it to the next one. Do what God wants, and you'll make it. Be selfish/self-centered, and do/get what you want? You might get it...but I can guarantee you won't be happy for very long. About 70-80 years...maybe. All is vanity and grasping for the wind. Nothing from this world will last except your character. Instead of praying for million-dollar homes....pray for patience. Instead of hot cars...pray for kindness. Those things will last for eternity.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Aug, 2009 05:19 AM

I too am very sick of prosperity gospel!God did not promise us unlimited health,wealth and happiness,matter of fact he says in this world you will have troubles,I think in america we are so greedy and spoiled we think we deserve it all,Id like to see Osteen or copeland try to preach that garbage in a third world country,where there lucky to have clean drinking water,however,i do beleive its okay to have preferences when it comes to picking a mate,after all you have to sleep with this person,I mean come on,there has to be some attraction there right ECC!

In Christ

Steven