Author Thread: Who's supposed to "look for" (find) a spouse? Men? Women? Both?
rickc

View Profile
History
Who's supposed to "look for" (find) a spouse? Men? Women? Both?
Posted : 10 Nov, 2009 09:03 PM

Who's supposed to look for (find) a spouse?

Men?

Women?

Both?

"He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD" Pro 18:22

Thus, a man is "supposed to look" -- as the Bible says a man who finds a wife is blessed.

But let's take a look at:

1 Cor 7 (NKJV)

"1 Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. 2 Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband."

Thus, though sexual desire is *not* the only reason to get married; Paul says it is *a* reason to seek a spouse --- (for a man or a woman). Therefore, women may "look," though the Bible -- (as fas as I know, anyways) -- never *directly* says anything about it.

Input? Feedback? Thanks!

rickc

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2009 09:10 PM

Correction/expansion on where I wrote (it should have read):

Therefore, women may---and/or even *should* "look" if sexual desire is a problem. Though the Bible -- (as fas as I know, anyways) -- never *directly* says anything about *women being blessed for doing so*. And, of course, keeping in mind that the avoidance of sexual immorality is not the *only* reason to get married. Yet it is, or can, be a *primary concern* for either sex (as Paul wrote)....

Make sense?

Thanks!

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2009 05:37 AM

Makes perfect sense to me Rick!

rickc

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Nov, 2009 04:16 PM

Hi Tarayse,

Thanks for your reply!

This (thread topic) is....

I'd just never really thought about it, as far as 1 Cor 7 goes.

Have a good evening/day!

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Nov, 2009 03:25 AM

dear folks, if a woman starts off leadin the relationship then that mans gonna be followin her for as long as he is with her..

if a woman wants a biblical man then she should be a biblical woman..

and if a man wants a biblical woman then he needs to be a blblical man.. simple right..

and no matter how many times a man gets rejected , knocked down, stepped on , stomped on ,, ya get back up and go again..because you are a man.. cause thats not an escuse to quit bein a man.. so man up guys..

or as i prefer to say cowboy up.. get back on that horse..

do your duty and fulfill your destiny..

ole cattle

Babydoll17448

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Nov, 2009 05:39 PM

"Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the Church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now, as the church submits to Christ,so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything"

Ephesians 6:22-24

So, Men, I have the ultimate question for you all:

If you can't find the initiative to ask a Christian woman out or reach out on this website instead of sitting back and waiting for us to "email you" , how in the world are you ever going to lead a household?

In worldly terms, the woman asks the man out, picks him up, PAYS for him, and basically wears the pants in the family.The feminist revolution has resulted in the insult of women being called cougars today and disrespected. If it is this way, tell me, why do we even need men around? The truth is, we DON"t, if it is this way.That's the problem with today's society and why it is completely out of whack!

In the Christian world, it is the opposite of the world. We are traditionalist because Biblically the Bible instructs us to be submissive. That doesn't jibe with us emailing you, and taking all of the initiative, don't you see?

That means that even though we view your picture and read your profile, we still wait for some response from you men first.

For you guys to view on your own, and choose first who you will email. For us to trust and rely and admire you, you need to show INITIATIVE.

Any thoughts on this subject? I would really like to hear the Christian Male Perspective on this! Feel free to discourse.I eagerly await your views! BBD17448