Author Thread: Nice Guys Finish....
Admin

Nice Guys Finish....
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 07:58 AM

Being a Christian man means being a nice man, which is what I am. I am loving and caring and above all, honest. And yet, I have been repeatedly duped, lied to and hurt by women whether they have been saved or not.

Can someone please explain why this is? Is it because I am overweight? Am I not attractive enough?

View Profile
History
Nice Guys Finish....
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 10:57 AM

Hi Atl!

It's the Law of Large Numbers. The longer you live the more people you interact (read...Women) and the more often you will be "Duped" -- "Blooped" -- "Mooped" and "Cahooted".

These women (and men) cross all lines of demarcations. These people just have a need to "play". For some reason they enjoy "the game" of Love but want no committment or any of the reponsibilities that go with it. They lie to others and also to themselves. Many are just immature...some are neurotic, but all are Pathological.

If you were to survey the responders in this Forum (both male and female) as to how many times they have been duped and hurt by "Players"...you would be surprised as to the numbers!

But...you can't assume that the next woman you meet is going to be the same or you will "doom" that relationship before it even starts. So you continue on with a "patch" over your Heart. What else can you do?

View Profile
History
Nice Guys Finish....
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 11:22 AM

dear atl, welcome to the forums..

just keep lookin for the right one for you..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Nice Guys Finish....
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 09:07 PM

Read.

If you need a recommendation, I'd say 10 stupid things guys do to mess up their lives by dr. laura schlessinger

View Profile
History
Nice Guys Finish....
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 09:24 PM

ATL,

Yeah, same here. I think after you hang around these forums long enough you'll find that there are plenty of women here that feel the same way. We all want to be accepted for who we are but that isn't always reality. Cattle is right. You'll find the right one soon enough. Just keep looking. By the way, I have a friend in his late forties that is amazingly buff. He works out four days a week. He has suffered terrible rejection too so don't get hung up on how you look. Be the Beagle and keep your nose to the ground, you'll find the right girl. At the very least you'll make some pretty cool friends here.

Thunder

View Profile
History
Nice Guys Finish....
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 11:12 PM

Alt, Arch, and cattle,

I agree with all of you guys. When I think of being a christian I think of the fact that I have taken the name of Christ to describe myself. My actions should be in line with Christ's actions.

The men and women that "dupe" haven't yet willingly or consciously brought themselves into submission to Christ. Now I don't think that this makes them bad, evil, or wrong, they just don't have eyes to see or ears to hear. I don't make excuses for them either.

Nor is it because we are overweight or unattractive or what ever other reason we can manufacture. We live in a sin filled world, and getting duped is a result of that. We can perform some preventative maintenance by keeping our focus on God.

Arch is right put a patch over your heart called Jesus. Live for Him and pray for others that�s my plan for the heartbreak.

View Profile
History
Nice Guys Finish....
Posted : 3 Mar, 2010 09:57 AM

Every reply, I agree with. Stay focused on God because when we delight ourselves in him expect the unexpected to happen...and it will.

I've been rejected plenty, but you know what? Had I not been keeping my focus on God I'd be a total mess right about now.

So keep your head up and keep your eyes fixed on him and he will make sure to send you HIS BEST!

Olivia

View Profile
History
Nice Guys Finish....
Posted : 3 Mar, 2010 10:01 AM

dear olivia,, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Nice Guys Finish....
Posted : 3 Mar, 2010 10:07 AM

Thanks cattle!

melbantolio

View Profile
History
Nice Guys Finish....
Posted : 7 Mar, 2010 11:37 PM

Hello ATL, Don't be sad your time dor love will come at a right woman. Just keep on praying and Trust the Lord. Yor time for joy will come believe me. Have a nice day and enjoy looking for a right woman. Don't give up.:angel:

IamIsabel

View Profile
History
Nice Guys Finish....
Posted : 14 Mar, 2010 04:33 PM

Gentlemen,

I have always said that nice girls finish last too. It's the same with us. I have written so many words down on paper that I could write a book on this subject so I am not going to get to deep here.

ATL, you need to continue to be the nice guy you are. Be gentle as a dove but wise as a serpent.

I pray one day you will find someone who is comparable to you, a nice girl.

Page : 1 2