Author Thread: Lust or Love?
hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Lust or Love?
Posted : 9 Aug, 2008 01:32 AM

:excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited:

Why is Song of Solomon in the canon of Scripture? The story is more than 3,000 years old. It tells of how King Solomon discovered a beautiful woman and fell in love with her. There is no mention of God in its eight chapters. In fact, the open expression of sensuality makes some very uncomfortable while reading, wondering if such words should be published in our holy book. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What is your opinion?

Revelation22

View Profile
History
Lust or Love?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2008 02:26 PM

Darling Susan (or should I say) Susan darling ? I don't believe this book was written in the context you are implying. Song of Solomon isn't about lovemaking between a man and woman.

strawberi, you're on the right page.

Bruce, care to give us your interpretation ? We need some enlightenment here, brother.

:rocknroll:revelation22

"God's audible Voice"----- WOW !

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Lust or Love?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2008 03:07 PM

Revelation 22,

Thanks for addressing me so, kindly. I have a bit of a qurky sense of humor (liked your cute toad saying btw, I laughed).

I suppose I might be wrong but if, should, or when a man speaks or does to me in such descriptive, physical manner, I think I am going to believe it to be lovemaking or at least the prior. I realize I am taking the book, kind of at face value, which might be rated at least PG-13 if made into a movie. Yet, still...I think even in love between a man and a woman the LORD has faithfully given us an example not just allegorical but historically through Solomn.

I realize the discomfort we (me too) all have with this subject. The reality is the LORD has blessed mankind with a marvelous, mystery of the oneness which occurs through lovemaking. It isn't like the animals simply for procreation but for a relational depth and sharing of souls to become one.

Again, I believe it to be a blessing.

:prayingf:

Susan

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Lust or Love?
Posted : 13 Aug, 2008 05:09 AM

Thanks for the Gods Audible Voice comment Revelation22.

Real story,, even a more real God,,, What he has meant to me I cannot put into words,,,, Yet I have failed him over and over, He looks beyond our faults and seen our needs.

SJC, you asked," Is your "thinker" still "cluttered"?!!!

Yes it is and I am still working on it not being cluttered,,,lol.

Yes , I have seen it written about the relationship,( type and shadow) between Christ and the church I just haven't heard it preached at a live service.

I am still up in the air on this one after 30 years of studying Gods word,,,

,,, I usually try to provoke questions and discussions and knowing the answer or at least I think I do but this one still has me... Love to hear all of you though,,,

Page : 1 2