Author Thread: Father of lies
Admin

Father of lies
Posted : 31 Oct, 2011 11:04 AM

John 8:44 When (the devil) speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

When Jesus tells us things like, "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth" (Matt. 6:19), Satan tells us that the good life is about piling up things here, causing us to doubt God's good intentions. Our problem is that we, like Adam and Eve, believe Satan's lies. And when we do, our loyalty to God is compromised. Then our enemy slithers off to his next assignment, leaving us alone to face our regrets and the realization that his lies have seduced us away from our truest and dearest Friend. Who have you been listening to lately?

Satan can catch you by suprise; And stop you in your tracks. So keep on guard and trust God's Word. Resist his strong attacks.

The power of Satan is no match for the power of Gods' Word.

:rocknroll:

View Profile
History
Father of lies
Posted : 1 Nov, 2011 11:56 PM

Acts 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

View Profile
History
Father of lies
Posted : 2 Nov, 2011 07:08 AM

I received the Holy spirit because God dwells in me.

Who dwells in me? The Holy Spirit through FAITH in the Son of God, according to the God's words.

Page : 1 2 3