Author Thread: Father of lies
Admin

Father of lies
Posted : 31 Oct, 2011 11:04 AM

John 8:44 When (the devil) speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

When Jesus tells us things like, "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth" (Matt. 6:19), Satan tells us that the good life is about piling up things here, causing us to doubt God's good intentions. Our problem is that we, like Adam and Eve, believe Satan's lies. And when we do, our loyalty to God is compromised. Then our enemy slithers off to his next assignment, leaving us alone to face our regrets and the realization that his lies have seduced us away from our truest and dearest Friend. Who have you been listening to lately?

Satan can catch you by suprise; And stop you in your tracks. So keep on guard and trust God's Word. Resist his strong attacks.

The power of Satan is no match for the power of Gods' Word.

:rocknroll:

View Profile
History
Father of lies
Posted : 31 Oct, 2011 01:47 PM

Good post!

Yes, you are correct, Satan only wants to kill, steal, and destroy... as Jesus said.

Mammon=stuff possessing you..

a wise man

View Profile
History
Father of lies
Posted : 31 Oct, 2011 02:15 PM

Amen ! AMEN !!!...:peace:...xo

View Profile
History
Father of lies
Posted : 31 Oct, 2011 03:05 PM

Well Satan works even hard to continually proclaim prosperity is evil.

View Profile
History
Father of lies
Posted : 31 Oct, 2011 11:59 PM

If Christians say that prosperity is not what is written in the Holy Bible (financial prosperity),t hen they say it only because their Lord Jesus said it. If you said that Jesus is satan then what will be your reward at your Judgement Day?

Ponder:

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect:angel:, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." Matth 19:21

View Profile
History
Father of lies
Posted : 1 Nov, 2011 12:02 AM

Jesus said:

Matthew 6:19 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

Matthew 6:20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven:angel:, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

Who is Jesus to claim such things? He is GOD!!!!

The God Jesus said:

Luke 12:33 Sell your possessions:peace: and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven :angel:that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.

Luke 18:22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything :peace:you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven:angel:. Then come, follow me."

Acts 4:34 There were no needy persons :peace:among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales

View Profile
History
Father of lies
Posted : 1 Nov, 2011 12:03 AM

HEAVENLY TREASURES AND ETERNAL REWARDS:

Ephesians 4:28: "Work so that you may have something to share with those in need!"

James 4:3: �When you ask you do not receive, because you ask with the wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures !"

In the old covenant God's commandments were only preached to Jews but in the New Covenant Jesus commands us to preach to every nation in the world teaching them to obey *EVERYTHING* He commanded and everything would also include all of the approximately 400 NT commandments also taught in Acts to Revelation {See 2 Timothy 3-16 to 4:2.}

Jesus also eliminated the earthly rewards for faithful service and commanded us to sell our possessions and give to the poor and get *TREASURES IN HEAVEN* and **THEN** come follow Him.

Luke 12:33,34: Jesus says, �Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted....For where your treasure is there your heart will be also.�

Matthew 20:20-24: �All these {Commandments} I have kept, the young man said. �What do I still lack?� Jesus answered, �If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. **THEN** come, follow Me.� When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus says, �It is hard for a rich man to enter the *KINGDOM OF HEAVEN*. It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the *KINGDOM OF GOD*.�

Luke 6:20: Jesus says �Blessed are you who are *POOR*, for *YOURS* is the *KINGDOM OF GOD*.�

2 Corinthians 6:4-10: As servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance, in troubles, hardships and distresses, in beatings, imprisonments; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love, in truthful speech and in the power of God; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; dying, and yet we live on; beaten and yet not killed; *POOR*, yet making many rich; *HAVING NOTHING*; and yet possessing everything.�

I Timothy 6:5-10: There are men of corrupt mind , who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain . But godliness with contentment is great gain....If we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.�

Unfortunately there are many who teach the Satanic Prosperity Gospel such as Joel Osteen, Benny Hinn and Kenneth Copeland who teach the exact opposite of what Jesus commanded in His New Covenant.

John 12:48: Jesus says, "There is a Judge for the one who does not accept My Words; that very Word which I spoke will condemn him at the Last Day."

I John 2:3-5: " We know that we have come to know Him {Jesus} *IF* we obey His commands. The man who says, "I know Him," but does not do what He commands is a lia r, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys His Word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in Him!!"

The early saints followed the commands of Jesus and the NT Covenant:

Acts 2:44,45: "*ALL* the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need." Acts 4:32: "*ALL* the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had."

View Profile
History
Father of lies
Posted : 1 Nov, 2011 12:05 AM

How is a person Prosperous ?

Posted : 23 Sep, 2011 03:01 PM

Ephesians 4:28: "Work so that you may have something to share with those in need!"

James 4:3: �When you ask you do not receive, because you ask with the wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures !"

In the old covenant God's commandments were only preached to Jews but in the New Covenant Jesus commands us to preach to every nation in the world teaching them to obey *EVERYTHING* He commanded and everything would also include all of the approximately 400 NT commandments also taught in Acts to Revelation {See 2 Timothy 3-16 to 4:2.}

Jesus also eliminated the earthly rewards for faithful service and commanded us to sell our possessions and give to the poor and get *TREASURES IN HEAVEN* and **THEN** come follow Him.

Luke 12:33,34: Jesus says, �Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted....For where your treasure is there your heart will be also.�

Matthew 20:20-24: �All these {Commandments} I have kept, the young man said. �What do I still lack?� Jesus answered, �If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. **THEN** come, follow Me.� When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus says, �It is hard for a rich man to enter the *KINGDOM OF HEAVEN*. It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the *KINGDOM OF GOD*.�

Luke 6:20: Jesus says �Blessed are you who are *POOR*, for *YOURS* is the *KINGDOM OF GOD*.�

2 Corinthians 6:4-10: As servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance, in troubles, hardships and distresses, in beatings, imprisonments; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love, in truthful speech and in the power of God; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; dying, and yet we live on; beaten and yet not killed; *POOR*, yet making many rich; *HAVING NOTHING*; and yet possessing everything.�

I Timothy 6:5-10: There are men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain. But godliness with contentment is great gain....If we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.�

The early saints followed the commands of Jesus and the NT Covenant:

Acts 2:44,45: "*ALL* the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need." Acts 4:32: "*ALL* the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had."

How is a person Prosperous?

View Profile
History
Father of lies
Posted : 1 Nov, 2011 12:07 AM

God has always allowed His people to suffer tribulation and trials because they purify and perfect their faith and will gain countless eternal rewards when Jesus Christ is *REVEALED. There are over 40,000 saints martyred every year for their faith and the main culprit is no longer just Islam {About 30 million} and the RC Church {About 30 million}. About 50 million saints were martyred by the Communist atheist countries after 1917 in Russia and after 1948 in China and then in North Korea and Vietnam. Many more millions were killed by Japan 1937-1945 and by the Fascists in Italy and Germany 1922-1945.

Romans 8:35-37: �Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?... For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered. No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us!�

I Peter 2:20b,21: �But if you suffer for doing good and endure it, this is commendable before God. To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow IN HIS STEPS.�

I Peter 4:12,13: �Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But **REJOICE** that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when His glory is *REVEALED!�

Matthew 5:10-12 Jesus says, �Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. **REJOICE** and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you!�

2 Timothy 3:12: �In fact, **EVERYONE** who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted!�

Romans 5:3: �But we *REJOICE* in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character; and character, hope.�

Philippians 1:29: �For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on Him, but also to suffer for Him!�

Philippians 3:10: �I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings!�

Revelation 12:17: �They overcame him {Satan} by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; for they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death!�

2 Corinthians 6:6-10: As servants of God we commend ourselves in every way; in great endurance, in troubles, hardships and distresses, in beatings, imprisonments; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; in truthful speech and in the power of God...Dying, and yet we live on, beaten, and yet not killed; sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; **POOR**, yet making many rich, **HAVING NOTHING**, and yet **POSSESSING EVERYTHING**!

Matthew 24:3,9-13: The disciples asked Jesus, �What will be the sign of your Coming and the end of the age?? Jesus answered�.. {During the Great Tribulation} �Then *YOU* will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and *YOU will be hated by all nations because of Me. At that time many will turn away from the Faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of *MOST* will grow cold,{THE GREAT APOSTASY} but he {The Called, Chosen & Faithful-Rev 17:14b} who stands firm to the End will be saved.�

This will come as a tremendous shock for those who teach the Satanic Prosperity Gospel and who are mainly seeking earthly treasures rather than eternal Heavenly Rewards. They teach: If you accept Jesus as your Savior you have a free pass to Heaven and God forbid that you should suffer any persecution or go through the Great Tribulation; which fits in with the Prosperity Gospel doctrines which are designed to increase church membership at the expense of the Truth. When is the last time you heard a sermon on the virtues and courage of the many thousands of present-day martyrs. And this is probably why there will be a great FALLING AWAY {THE GREAT APOSTASY} at the beginning of the Great Tribulation.

View Profile
History
Father of lies
Posted : 1 Nov, 2011 12:09 AM

Matthew 20:20-24: �All these {Commandments} I have kept, the young man said. �What do I still lack?� Jesus answered, �If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. **THEN** come, follow Me.� When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus says, �It is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.�

Luke 6:20: Jesus says �Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God.�

Matthew 19:27-30: Peter said to Jesus, �We have left **EVERYTHING** to follow you! What then will there be for us?� Jesus says, �I tell you the Truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on His glorious throne, you who have followed Me {Including Paul}will also sit on 12 thrones...And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for My sake will receive 100 times as much and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and many who are last {In this life}will be first.� And there will be plenty of room for 100 houses and 100 fields in the New Jerusalem since it will be over 1377 miles long and wide and high.

I John 2:3-5: �We know that we have come to know Him {Jesus} if we *OBEY HIS COMMANDS*. The man who says, �I know him,� but does not do what He commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys His Word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in Him.�

I Timothy 6:5-10: There are men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain. But godliness with Contentment is great gain....If we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.�

I Timothy 2:9,10: �I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.�

Matthew 5:19,20: Jesus says, �Do not store up for yourself treasures on earth {THE SEEN}, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves **TREASURES** in Heaven!{THE **UNSEEN**}� Luke 12:33 adds �Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide for yourselves.. a **TREASURE** in heaven {THE **UNSEEN**} that will not be exhausted. For where your **TREASURE** is there your heart will be also!!�

2 Corinthians 6:6-10: As servants of God we commend ourselves in every way; in great endurance, in troubles, hardships and distresses, in beatings, imprisonments; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; in truthful speech and in the power of God...Dying, and yet we live on, beaten, and yet not killed; sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; **POOR**, yet making many rich, **HAVING NOTHING**{THE SEEN}, and yet **POSSESSING EVERYTHING**!{THE **UNSEEN**!�

Hebrews 11:1,6: Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see....And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to God must believe that He exists and that He **REWARDS** those who earnestly seek Him."

Ephesians 6:7,8: "Serve wholeheartedly...because you know that the Lord will *REWARD* everyone for whatever good he does!"

2 John 1:8: "Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be *REWARDED* fully!"

I Corinthians 3:6-9: Paul said, "I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be *REWARDED* according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers!"

Daniel 12:3: "Those who impart wisdom will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever!"

Matthew 5:11,12: Jesus says, "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your *REWARD* in heaven!" {See Luke 6:35}

Revelation 22:12: Jesus says, "Behold, I am coming soon! My {**unseen**}*REWARD*is with Me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done!"

2 Corinthians 5:9,10: "So we make it our goal to please Him..For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him {**UNSEEN REWARDS & TREASURES**} for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad!"

Matthew 16:27: Jesus says, For the Son of Man is going to come in His **FATHER'S GLORY WITH HIS ANGELS** {See Matt 24:30-31;25:31-40}, and **THEN**{NOT NOW} He will *REWARD*{**THE UNSEEN REWARD**} each person according to what he has done."

Jesus says in Rev 2:17; 3:4, 5, 21: �To him who overcomes...I will give a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it .....He will walk with Me for he is worthy ... I will acknowledge his name before My Father and His angels.... I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem.....I will write on him my New Name... and I will give him the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.�

So Salvation is a 100% FREE GIFT as per Ephesians 2:8,9 and eternal *REWARDS* for God's faithful saints are 100% earned!

I Peter 1:13: �Therefore, prepare your minds for *ACTION*, and set your hope *FULLY* on the {**UNSEEN**} grace to be given *YOU* when Jesus Christ is *REVEALED*."

View Profile
History
Father of lies
Posted : 1 Nov, 2011 12:47 AM

Bahira your response has nothing to do with prosperity, Biblical prosperity is defined in every aspect of life, it is not only in finances but it is a part of that.

Now as you have asked The teaching that prosperity is of Satan, is an example of a seducing spirit against the word of Truth.

All those scriptures you post are not in context nor rightly divided, to know the perfect will of God, you have to go the topic.

Ro 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

This word Salvation is a good start on this topic: The sum total of the father's benefits in this life and the life to come.

Page : 1 2 3