Author Thread: Once Saved
Deborahe

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 5 Aug, 2008 07:46 AM

Once Saved; Always Saved. Do you believe it ?

What are your views ? :angel:

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 5 Aug, 2008 08:08 AM

Deborah,

You know, I Love you, right?:hearts:

What do you think? Is this going to flow like our KJV discussion :boxing:

or are we in agreement?:buddies:

This tends to become a pretty sparky questions!:glow:

Well, :waving:

here goes, :excited:

get ready, :rocknroll:

hold on to your bonnet, :yay:

grab your BIBLE,:party:

do you all have your rocks ready on the right and ready on the left,:dancingp:

Okay, my shield has been activated.:nahnah:

ANSWER::goofball:

no:stop:

:prayingf:

Susan

:angel:

Deborahe

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 5 Aug, 2008 08:28 AM

Wow ! We agree on this one, Susie.:applause:

Thanks for your input. You've been missed around here:glow:

:angel: Deborah

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 5 Aug, 2008 12:42 PM

No... I believe it is a day by day walk of faith. I don't want to fight about it! (not usually in my nature):boxing: but I'll allow you to believe what you want to if I might be given the same courtesy. I believe in that little phrase that Jesus said..."Go and sin no more..." with respect that we do sin daily and ask for forgiveness but not willfully...

I feel the other point of view opens the doors for willful sin without repentence. It's a cushion to say "I'm saved.O

OOOOh...Somebody pass the bacon...No, not for my hips! It's my eye!.:boxing:

relaxitllwork

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 9 Aug, 2008 04:09 PM

THIS STATMENT ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED HAS BEEN ONE OF THE MOST HEATED DISCUSSIONS IN CHRISTION HISTERY.MY OPINION IS.....YES WE ARE ETERNALY SAVED PAUL SPEAKS IN THE NEW TESTAMENT THAT NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM THE LOVE OF GOD.........AND GOD IS LOVE SO WE CAN'T BE SEPERATED FROM GOD THANKS FOR LETTING ME WRITE GOD BLESS JON

SJC1985

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 9 Aug, 2008 07:23 PM

I have been a Christian for 40 years in a Baptist church. "Once saved always saved" is one major difference in the Baptist denomination. I have been taught all of my life that being saved means to PUT GOD FIRST IN YOUR LIFE - ALLOWING GOD TO BE LORD OF YOUR LIFE. A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK THAT THEY ARE SAVED IF THEY GO DOWN TO JOIN A CHURCH, DO WHAT IS RIGHT, ETC..

***BEING TRULY SAVED IS THE KEY TO THE BELIEF OF "ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED".

Some people feel that this belief gives people freedom to do whatever they want to do. These people who think this are not truly saved. All Christians mess up (sin) every day. I am getting older & my memory is not as clear. What if I forget to ask forgiveness for something I did wrong during the day? Would I go to hell if I forgot to ask forgiveness?!

ONCE WE ARE SAVED - TRULY REPENTANT AND TOTALLY GIVING OUR LIVES TO GOD - WE ARE A PART OF GOD'S ROYAL FAMILY. HE WILL NEVER FORSAKE US WHO ARE SAVED (Hebrews 13:5).

I CAN GO TO SLEEP EVERY NIGHT KNOWING THAT GOD HAS SAVED ME, SINCE I ACCEPTED HIS SON AS MY SAVIOUR. JESUS DIED TO WASH AWAY OUR PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE SINS.

There is going to be a judgment in heaven about our sins; some Christians will have earned more rewards than other Christians. We will have to give an account of what we did with our lives. GOD WILL NOT THROW US OUT OF HEAVEN!

SJC1985 :glow:

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 9 Aug, 2008 08:31 PM

Previously, I stated I don't believe in "Once saved always saved" . I realize it is a very strongly believed doctrine in many denominations. Truly ones I have attended, served, support, appreciate and agree with so many other things.

First, I seriously searched the scriptures and couldn't find it anywhere. It is such a small statement. If it were true, wouldn't the LORD have put it in there to clear any confusion. But He did put that statement about pre-destination which does totally bog my mind.

Second, there is a verse in the gospels, after the church people (I guess) say a bunch of, "Did we not..."s that Jesus says: "Get away from me you workers of iniguity I never new you." I don't want to be in that group.

Third, the Lukewarm church gets vomited out and thrown into the lake of fire in the book of Revelation. I hope to not be in that group.

Fourth, Paul was concerned that after he preach the gospels to others he would be disqualified.

Fifth, there is a reference perhaps in Hebrews about tasting the glory and sinning. I think it is trampling the blood of Christ under your feet. The word compares it to Esau giving up his inheritance for that soup...

Sixth, there are the lists of people who continue to sin in the NT and are members of the church not inheriting the Kingdom.

Seventh, "God is not mocked" "Those who sow to the spirit will inherit eternal life" And those who sow to the flesh destruction. "work out your own salvation in fear and trembling"

BTW If you are correct my concerns, don't matter because "once saved always saved" My flesh really likes the idea, I want to quote Jesus "burden being easy and light" but then I wouldn't be being true to my conviction on this topic.

In much love for Christ and you,

:prayingf:

Susan

Sorry I didn't get the actual verses and addresses perfect. Please forgive, I will do it by tomorrow

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 10 Aug, 2008 04:45 PM

The bible talks about salvation in two aspects. This is where the church is missing it. Paul says Abraham was not justified by works, James says he was," Was not our father Abraham justified by works..." Whenever you read the bible, think of what aspect they are describing. It's one of the two.

SJC1985

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 11 Aug, 2008 02:45 AM

Just because people are members of a church they are not necessarily true Christians.I have heard pastors say, "Just as being in a garage does not make you an automobile."

I have an adopted son, and he is currently living in sin. I WILL NOT SAY THAT HE IS NO LONGER MY SON BECAUSE OF HIS SIN. That is the way it is with us. GOD WILL NEVER FORSAKE US WHEN WE SIN; HE WILL ALWAYS LOVE US. HE KNOWS THAT WE WILL NEVER BE PERFECT. SIN IS SIN - WE ARE ALL LOOKED UPON BY GOD AS BEING ON THE SAME LEVEL - HE LOVES THE MURDERER WHO IS SAVED JUST AS MUCH AS HE LOVES A CHRISTIAN WHO HAS LIVED MOST OF HIS /HER LIFE FOR HIM. WE (CHRISTIANS) ARE ADOPTED INTO GOD'S KINGDOM. GOD WILL NEVER TURN HIS BACK ON US!

Love in Christ,

SJC1985

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 11 Aug, 2008 06:39 PM

Deborahe,

I think that topics of this nature should not be part of the "Chat Forum". I feel that Satan is using this topic to frustrate those who do not believe the same thing. It is my prayer that you will pray and ask God what He would have you to bring up in the "Chat Forum". There are so many other things that all Christians have in common that would be very helpful to those who are going through trials. I do not think that God is pleased with us when we bring up strife. He is very pleased when we share things that God has brought us through. This is what the "Chat Forum" should be about.

I did come across an interesting comment similar to mine. The daughter said that her mother had been hurt by comments made and that both she and her mother were going off the "Chat Forum". THAT IS NOT GOD'S INTENTIONS OF THE FORUM. MAY GOD FORGIVE US IF WE HAVE CAUSED SOMEONE TO LEAVE THIS FORUM.

Love in Christ,

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Once Saved
Posted : 11 Aug, 2008 09:24 PM

I suppose it is time for me to get those verses, I mentioned.

Better get like the woman who lost her coin but I have several to find.:ROFL:

:prayingf:Secondly: lord, lorders Matt 7:21-23 Luke 13:24-27

:prayingf:Thirdly: lukewarm Rev 3:16 vomit but no lake of fire (sorry my mistake)

:prayingf:Fourth: disqualified 1 cor 9:27

:prayingf:Fifth: Hebrews 6:4-8 Hebrews 10:26-31 Hebrew 12:15-17 *** these are real important****

:prayingf:Sixth: no kingdom lists 1 cor 6:9-10 Gal 6:19-21; Eph 5:3-6; Rev 21:8

:prayingf:Seventh: Sow and reap destruction? Gal 6:7-8 working salvation Phil 2:12-17

This is just the reasons or path, I followed to get my belief about the topic.

Love in Christ,

:peace:

Susan

Page : 1 2 3 4