Author Thread: Masons and/or Knights Templar...
Admin

Masons and/or Knights Templar...
Posted : 18 Aug, 2008 02:14 PM

What are your views...

Robin

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Aug, 2008 05:16 AM

my dad was a 32nd degree mason,, i dont think you would want to know what he told me at his death,,,

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Aug, 2008 06:28 PM

Yes I do...I am from a Masonic family...Mother's side...

Please share. I have never seen the negative side of them as so recorded in some places but their influences have been aroung a l-o-n-g time.

Robin

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Aug, 2008 12:28 AM

well,,,, let think on it a few days,,,, yes they have been around for a long time,,, my experiences didnt come from a book or T.V. etc etc. no need to go into skull and bones,,, because that is reading what others have written,,, hummm, humm,

My dads funeral was both a masonic and a christian funeral. The christian one first, the masonic followed,,,

I preached my dads funeral before about 1000 people of all backgrounds and being my father was into politics the mayor of tampa, fire marshall, chief's, captian's, masons everywhere and also plenty of christians. Many of the masons where former christians but not no longer practicing.

1st degree's to 33rd degrees ,, the highest attianable in the masons we're in attendence,,, also many Eygpt Temple Shrinners were there too. By the way shrinners are usually always masons but dont have to be..... I think I will stop,,, before I get mess up,,,

mum is the word right now,,, bruce,,,,:waving::waving:

Revelation22

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Aug, 2008 05:08 AM

All this is NEW to me. I've never known a mason or a knight templer; I've seen Shriners in a parade; but other than that they help a lot of charities; I have no idea what any of the above represent ! This thread is certainly going to enlighten me on a thing or two.

:rocknroll:revelation22

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Aug, 2008 06:25 AM

Well, my deceased husband's funeral was Christian with Masonic rites...He was a mason and also knighted as a Knights Templar. He was also a minister. It co-existed. The masons have been wonderful to me and they are very protective of widows and orphans which is biblical. They are also biblically grounded. The history denotes they were Craftsman who formed a guild. When traveling from place to place they had secret ways of knowing who each other were so that someone phoney would not try to pass themselves off as a qulified craftsman. I'll stop there. I posted this because I know some people who have personally tried to discredit the Masons. My grandfather was one of the high ranking masons in our town and I have several uncles, cousins, etc.. that are or were masons. The majority were also in our town politics and very good people who offer a hand up to anyone in need, especially their own.

Maybe we could do better by their example...mmm...mmm...

Robin

SJC1985

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Aug, 2008 03:30 PM

I was married to a mason who finally decided to drop out because of some of the mason's beliefs were not Christian. I can't remember which beliefs they were, but our pastor agreed that they were not Christian.

If anyone knows what they are, please let us know!

SJC1985 :glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Aug, 2008 12:33 PM

Just remember if things are done in secret it is not of God...God is the light not darkness.......also the wolf will come in sheeps clothing.....Be Careful....Angel:angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Aug, 2008 02:47 PM

Well...I guess I'll agree to disagree...There was nothing dark about my husband and he lead many, many, many to the Lord. mmm...mmm...which is light...not all secrets are bad.

Robin

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Aug, 2008 03:41 PM

To the OP...There are alot of material out there to read on Free Masonary.....but ...be ready to except your findings...it may not be what your wanting to hear....I do not candy coat the word....I will not be blown by every wind of doctrine....I take a strong stand on this ....Yes, sounds like you had a great husband...and I am sure God used him greatly.....but that doesnt make it right.....Angel:angel:

P.S. My ex was a southern baptist minister...his grandfather and several uncle's were and are Mason's...and are great people and are christian's...but that still does not make it right.....Pray and ask God to show you without a doubt....Be Blessed...

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Aug, 2008 04:28 PM

We agree to disagree. Sounds like your background is similar but I have a few years on you...lol...I don't have any other opinion except the one I gave as I'm sure you're firm, also...

Thanks for the dialogue...God Bless...God has already given me my answer...and sounds like you have yours...

Robin

Page : 1 2