Author Thread: JESUS
Admin

JESUS
Posted : 27 Aug, 2008 08:25 AM

What do you picture Him looking like when He was on earth?

Tall, short ? Handsome,Plain ? Brown eyes, Blue eyes ?

Do you think all the images we see today(usually long brown hair,etc.) are a close resemblance of what our Savior looked like ?

God Bless All, :prayingf:

:angel: Deborah

View Profile
History
JESUS
Posted : 27 Aug, 2008 01:19 PM

Blessings my friend!

I saw a program once that discussed this. The person who was giving the show explained that he went back and tried to find what Jesus might have looked like. At that time, he said, most of the men were shorter(5'8" or so) and had mid length hair. Probably dark, curly. Probably brown eyes. They put a drawing of what they thought He may have loked like, and it wa nothing like my minds eye had envisioned. To me, He looks as light. Pure and radiant. His voice calm and comforting. His eyes piercing to the soul. I think the pics we see today are only artists interpertations. Oh, if we could have seen Him! BUT, we shall see Him as He is, one day! Praise God!:yay:

View Profile
History
JESUS
Posted : 27 Aug, 2008 02:44 PM

Somehow I picture Him walking the hillside...Not overly tall...shorter than 6 ft. but I have never been able to clearly see His face in my mind. When I see an artists portrayal I just feel "that's not Him"...When I look at Jesus I seem to focus on What he was rather than what He wore, actually looked like, etc...

Robin

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
JESUS
Posted : 28 Aug, 2008 03:43 PM

I truely cant wait until I can see him face to face.

We might not ever know what he looked like when he walked on this earth but I would like to know. The reason I say we might not know how he looked is because Mary and his disciples didnt know him by looks anymore more after his ressurection. He must look totally different now,,, in his glorified state,,,,

Just maybe he will let us look into that day,,, but i am sure that when we get to heaven those things will not matter no more. smlie,,, to funny,,,,we are sure to be so over whelmed by his glory and presnce and majesty