Author Thread: if you know something is wrong?
Admin

if you know something is wrong?
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 11:57 AM

If you know something is wrong and you don't ....mmmm... how does one put this?

i.e. say someone knows from reading the Bible that they should go to church on a certain day however because of their tradition and the way they where brought up don't. is that wrong?

The reason that I ask is because I was asked a question by a friend and I didn't know the correct answer! so if anyone has some good Bible text that might be of help please let me know!

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2009 11:20 PM

Hi,

The truth is, we don't know what day the Sabbath was originally. We have moved through too many calenders, and made too many mistakes in the calculations. What we do know is the day of the week (We think) that Jesus rose. Since He is Lord of the Sabbath, we celebrate that day. Or, at least that is my understanding.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2009 02:32 PM

Hey Crazy!!,

Nice to meet you!

I'd say that if you could be just a little bit more specific, some of these guys on here could really help you out! They're great!

With love,

T

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Mar, 2009 09:19 AM

Hi Not2Crazy,

Welcome to the boards.

Regarding the Sabbath issue. The Sabbath has always been from Friday at sundown till Saturday at sundown. No one has ever changed the Sabbath. It is important to understand that the Mosaic Covenant/Law, which was completely replaced by the New Covenant of Grace, was an exclusive Covenant given to Israel alone. Gentiles were never commanded to keep any of the Mosaic Covenant/Laws.

The Sabbath also had/has nothing to do with a day of worship. It is only about "resting" from work. The Earliest Christians began worshiping on the First day of the week to commemorate the "Resurrection" of Jesus Christ. Did some continue to observe the Sabbath as a day of rest? Of course they did but ONLY the Jewish Christians as a tradition and only as a day of rest, NOT worship.

If you want a really good study on this...go to... http://www.pfrs.org/jewish/index.html

Blessings!

Walter

Kaos81

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2009 03:44 AM

To be honest, I don�t think it really matters what day of the week we choose to worship God. What matters is meeting with other Christians and having communion with them. I am about the last person to be able to get on a high horse about this because I don�t do either very frequently� and it is really important to meet up with other Christians to read the Bible and pray because if you don�t you backslide majorly (believe me).

But I don�t think God really cares about arbitrary days of the week. The fact that you are concerned about it is wonderful because you obviously care deeply about living by His statutes and pleasing Him - and that is seriously amazing. We aren't bound by the law anymore but by grace, so what matters is the condition of our hearts before Him, rather than what day we choose to go to church. And it sounds like your heart - and your friend's - are in the right place.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2009 11:49 AM

Walter,

The Sabbath has been as you have described because of Tradition. No one knows what day God rested on, therefore, no one knows the true Sabbath. I realize the importance you place on tradition, but that is one of the things Jesus took the Pharisees to task over.

While the observance of the Sabbath has been the same since we have been keeping records, the true day is unknown.

Blessings,

Leon

Emu1

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Apr, 2009 02:31 AM

I agree with the other people who have said that it doesn't matter what day we worship on.

However if you think that you should worship on a sunday and you still don't even though this makes you feel guilty and that you are not honoring God as you should....then I suspect that is wrong because your motivation is wrong, not because the act itself is wrong.

Emu1

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Apr, 2009 02:36 AM

Colossians 2:16

16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Aug, 2009 12:12 PM

http://www.christiandatingforfree.com/forum/forum_details.php?topic_id=2710&forum_sub_cat_id=14&start=0