Author Thread: Trouble remaining hopeful...
Admin

Trouble remaining hopeful...
Posted : 7 Apr, 2009 05:44 PM

So many times throughout my carnal life and now in my life in Christ I have placed my hope in many things, the Lord included, only to have a Charlie Brown Experience. You remember this, it's when he's running to kick the ball and Lucy always pulls it away at the last moment sending Charlie reeling.

I've been alive almost 32 years. To some that might not seem like a long time, but it's all the time I have ever known. I cannot remember when anything very important to me that I hoped for came to pass.

I grew up in poverty and worked hard to overcome it. But the mindset I acquired growing up in poverty always lead to collapse at every opportunity to escape it. This lead to a lifetime of depression, two suicide attempts, a nervous breakdown, and becoming homeless twice.

Hebrews 11:1 (NLT) Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

I dream big with God. I'm passionate in my pursuit of Him and becoming more like Christ. But if I struggle to hope for anything my faith cannot be exercised.

My faith for the hope of eternal life is not in question here. In that aspect, time is my enemy. I have no fear of time running out. I don't want it to, but should my time be up tomorrow while I'm waiting in traffic at a red light, so be it. I'll be with my Savior. As I said earlier, 32 years is all I've ever known, and it's not been good knowing it. I sometimes dread living another 60 years without hope of rescue.

Right now, hope is my stumbling block and I need to experience something to strengthen my hope and build it up. I don't want to be hopeless but I hope less than I want to, for fear of the same result of the ball being pulled away from me at the last moment.

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2009 08:05 PM

She was dismissed from drama school and told she was wasting her time: Lucille Ball

They were turned down by Deca Recording Institute because the producers "didn't like their sound and guitar music is on the way out." : The Beatles

He was cut from his high school basketball team, went home, locked himself in the bathroom, and cried: Michael Jordan

He was told by a teacher he was too stupid to learn anything: Thomas Edison

He was fired from a newspaper because he lacked imagination and had no original ideas: Walt Disney

His fiance died, he failed in business twice, he had a nervous breakdown and was defeated in six elections: Abraham Lincoln

He was told by his teachers he would never amount to much and was advised to drop out of high school: Albert Einstein

His first book was rejected by publishers 43 times before someone finally published it: Dr. Seuss

Applied to USC Cinema School twice and was turned down both times: Steven Spielberg

He went bankrupt five times before finally succeeding with a business: Henry Ford

Do not give up hope.

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2009 12:21 AM

This video was posted by Michelle on a different thread. Well worth the watch!

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=5e887e9e72bfe5dabca1

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2009 05:29 AM

Thanks for that video link! It's clear to me that I need to open the door of my hear to allow His perfect love cast out my fear of letdowns.

cedarwoody

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Apr, 2009 08:55 AM

My urgent prayers are with you. I can identify with you in your struggles and simply feel that we all have difficult times in our lives, some more difficult than others, some more overpowering than others, and that we need to relate these situations to each other in search for prayer and mutual comfort in our walks with God. And I will pray for you and your situations and i request you pray for me in mine. These are REAL times of trouble and feeling lost in the world we live in, but we do have a God that cares for us, beyond our comprehension. Grab hold of that God and never let go! And again, my prayers are with you! There is a hope there is beyond we can possibly imagine! God bless you!!